Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Existence, part I: The Everything

The whole world revolves around me
For I am the Sun; the Jason.
I revolve around the Earth
For I am the moon; a lunatic.
Life dwells on and within me
For I am this world; saeculum.

I am the stars, too, distant and alone,
Spinning and burning, warping space and time.
This black hole is my heart
And outward beats its event horizon
Pulsating and threatening to engulf it all.

A signpost on the aortic highway reads:
"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter
Next Rest Area 2 Miles: Perpetual Rest
Requiescat in Pace, mortal and immortal alike."

I am the supermassive barycenter of the Via Lactea
And everything revolves around me; this black hole heart.
This black hole heart hurts, heaves heavily, and heavy-handedly hinders
Light which eternally attempts escape from the confines of the void.
Abyssmally absent are emotions emitting a facade of feelings.
Surrounded by sinister sights such as solemn stars and stellar storms
Alone in the darkness I move blindly in the Local Cluster
Bringing with me star systems and gas clouds gravitationally tethered.

I am me; the secular lunatic Jason.
Who am I kidding? I am no one; I am nothing.
I am worth no more or no less than this sheet of paper
On which this ink struggles to cling to.
Forever?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by JaSunTzu; 11-26-2006 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Italicization
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #2
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Existence, part I: The Everything

Dude...

I enjoyed this...not sure that I should take joy in what seems to be a personal vendetta, but the use of alliteration is swell.

That, and your references to the obscure. Using the foriegn vocab is always a plus.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Thanks.

I haven't finished Part II yet. And I already started on Part III. I don't know how many parts there will be. Initially I was thinking four. But it could go on.

Each "part" is being written similarly to this one. There is a common theme intertwined within them all. I hope anyway. It is difficult to write something one has only thought of the titles for (the parts anyway).

Everything, Environment, Evolution, End. (The possible fifth part is as of yet un-'e'named.

Blah. I should wait to write them all before posting anymore. Or something.

By the way, those italicized words are not foreign tongues but a dead language. Latin, of course. I wish I could speak it but I only know key words. Saeculum is one of my favorites. It is actually Etruscan originally meaning both the extent of a person's lifetime lived to the longest (~90-100 years) or the time it took for one generation to die off being replaced by their offspring. The Latins adopted it to mean the same, for the most part. And I believe it came to mean "secular" in the first half of the first millennium of the common era. Language is neat. I also know where the word fuck derives as well as fart. They are funny. Hurrah, etymology!

I posted another thing I wrote that was entitled Mei Apocalypsis Saeculum (My Secular Revelation) a while back. It's all in English though. =P Via Lactea means "By the way of milk" or "By the road of milk". And I'm sure you can figure out what Requiescat in Pace means. R.I.P. of course.

Urgh. I need to italicize "Requiescat in Pace" in my original post. I try to always italicize Latin except for common usage terms of today exempli gratia (e.g.) id est (i.e.) via, et cetera (etc.), et alia.

Wow, I'm boring myself now.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 11-26-2006   #4
me inside
Finally We Are No One

me inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divine
Send a message via MSN to me inside

Everypart of it is true. "The secular lunatic Jason" it is then. lol

Softly seething, surreal breathing..
Ignite the cannon with sphagnum lanthum..
Laud the armies of diphthongs with your superannuating Diphtheria..
And I will ever be your combustive tablature of igneous geometries.
me inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #5
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. And yet befuddling. I'm not sure I fully understand what you were trying to say, what you intended the overall meaning of it to be.

I mean, the first stanza is a mite confusing. How can you revolve around the earth, be the earth, the moon and the sun simultaneously? I know you meant it metaphorically (well, I should hope so...errr), but it still perplexes me.

Heh. This line is amusing: "For I am the moon; a lunatic."

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #6
EmperorChaos

I don't quite yet know what I am trying to establish with these series of Existence pieces.

I don't even know how far I will go. I found writing part II to be increasingly difficult considering that I want the same flow to each piece and the alliteration to appear at the same places.

Oh well. Here is Part II.

Part III will surely come sometime over the next few days. I write during my lunch break at work so long as I am there alone. Sometimes these girls who work in the store next to mine hang out with me during lunch so... I don't write on those days.
-=-=-=-