Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 04-20-2003   #21
UberBadger
Newbie Member

UberBadger has made a few great posts
You have your reasoning a little backwards here:

Quote:
Originally posted by poopy
sex isn't a basis for a relationship, sex is for reproduction. and homosexuals base their relationships on sex as well. why? because they can't base it on anything else they have no direct offspring or chances of them. true love is when you are willing to commit to one person and not your genitals.
A relationship is not based on sex; rather, it is based on love and respect. Some homosexuals, as well as some heterosexuals, base their relationships purely on sex, but this is not always (and hopefully not often) the case. You don't leave room for the possibility that a homosexual man (or woman) can love his (or her) partner, and not just for the sex. I, personally, love my significant other for her mind and her personality, as well as her body (yeah, corny but true), and I see no reason why a gay person should be viewed as incapable of love. On the contrary, homosexuals are just like you and I, except for their sexual preference, and in no way does that exclude them from being eligible parents.

There is a possibility for hatred in schools - for example, if one student finds out that his classmate has two fathers (the subject of a popular but controversial children's story), the student may be mocked. However, school children are some of the nastiest, most brutal, and most unforgiving people on the face of the Earth, and as my mom used to tell me:

"If the only reason you're not doing something is because kids will make fun of you, you'll never be able to do anything."

Or something to that effect.
UberBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003   #22
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
sex is for reproduction. if used in the sense that it is today it is abuse. and if what you say is true then we do gays have sex? is it to have offspring? can't be. it is for there enjoyment. which is an abuse of it. did you know that we are the only species that has sex for the enjoyment of it as a first priority. and i am not saying that one cannot be a man and love a man. i am saying that it is a situation that will never end well because they are abusing human nature. and don't tell me that homosexuality is natural. because if it were they would be able to have some reaction other than to purely to get off. and as for school kids they make fun of every kid for something and all i am saying is why add fuel to the fire? that child hasn't a choice to be in that situation. he or she would be forced into it and it isn't a matter of what your mother's quote says because the kid isn't nessecarily gay but his parents would be and that is something he or she can't help.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003   #23
krad
Needs to confirm E-mail address

krad has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to krad
Quote:
did you know that we are the only species that has sex for the enjoyment of it as a first priority.
Correct me if i'm wrong, however I think I saw something on the discovery channel once about how chimps (I think it was chimps, chimpanzee, a monkey/ape like that...) and humans are the only creatures that have sex for the pleasure of it, as well as for reproduction.
krad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003   #24
vh0316

vh0316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vh0316 Send a message via Yahoo to vh0316
I've just got to say one thing - don't hate the people..you shouldn't discredit someone because of their sexual preference. And yes, you can choose to live the gay lifestyle. My best friend was strictly straight, was abused by men, decided to try being lesbian, and hated that life and now she is trying the straight life again. DON'T hate the peeps - you can hate what they do, but you shouldn't hate them...
Old 04-23-2003   #25
fadingroses
Well Known Member

fadingroses should be rewarded
Quote:
Originally posted by vh0316
And yes, you can choose to live the gay lifestyle. My best friend was strictly straight, was abused by men, decided to try being lesbian, and hated that life and now she is trying the straight life again.
You can choose to, sure, but have you ever met someone who chose to and was successful?
fadingroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003   #26
vh0316

vh0316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vh0316 Send a message via Yahoo to vh0316
F - I'm not quite sure what you're asking? Are you asking if their choice to be gay was successful or are you asking me if I know any successful gay people?

I know alot of gay people, a couple of them in my family as a matter of fact and they are very successful with their lifestyle choices. I also don't think because they are gay that they shouldn't be able to have the responsibility of raising a child.
Old 04-24-2003   #27
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

2kte4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2kte4u
okay.. well before the issue of gays and kids comes up (marriage, etc.) why is it okay for two chicks to be going at it.. (guys.. you know that you ALL think that it's hott shit.) and yet.. you cringe at the mere thought of two boys even holding hands. I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU! RAAA!!

It's the only culture some people have left
2kte4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003   #28
fadingroses
Well Known Member

fadingroses should be rewarded
Quote:
Originally posted by vh0316
F - I'm not quite sure what you're asking? Are you asking if their choice to be gay was successful or are you asking me if I know any successful gay people?

I'm asking if you know people who were originally straight and chose to be gay and had it actually work for them.
fadingroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003   #29
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

You can't chose to be gay. You can't be like "Okay, well, right now...I'm going to be gay" and then a minute later say "I'm straight again"

Old 04-25-2003   #30
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
gayness is a mind disease that rears it's head in the form of physicality
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
Old 04-25-2003   #31
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

I wouldn't call it a disease...

Old 04-25-2003   #32
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

what would you call it?
but in all fairness to us straight people. homosexuals that want to be given these rights take up all of about 1% of the US. and i see it as easier for the 1% to conform to the 99% than vise-versa. which brings me to the questions of the day: if homoseuals take up 1% of the populate, (and they do) why is it that we hear about them every day? why is it that they appear to be some kind of dominating force in population demographics? and why should i even remotely think about changing my views or anything at all for that 1%?
Old 04-25-2003   #33
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

You make it sound like you can be "cured" of being gay

Being gay isn't something you just wake up one morning and say "wow, I'm gay". It's in your genes. --Eric Anderson

Old 04-25-2003   #34
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

read what i said again. no where do i say they can be cured but i believe they can because it is a weakness of the mind. what i stated was fact and that is that homosexuals are 1% of the poputation
and eric anderson is an ignorant person. who is he anyway? is he some leading professor on homosexuality or is he one of those people that can't accept responsibility and has to blame all his problems on someone or something else to try and make himself feel better?

say what i mean and i mean what i say
Old 04-25-2003   #35
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

Diseases can be cured and being homosexual isn't something you cure. That's why it's not a disease. It's in your gene like I stated before

Old 04-25-2003   #36
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

there is no feared gay gene. gayness is all in one's head not in their genetic makeup. i would like to hear some SOLID scientific evidence of a gay gene

and i take eric anderson's OPINION as a grain of salt
Old 04-25-2003   #37
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

Feared gay gene? I wouldn't say feared...the only thing you'd be fearing of is AIDS and gay-bashing.

Okay, so maybe it is all in your head...I'm not going to argue w/ SOLID scientific evidence. I'm just saying ...it shouldn't be referred as a disease. No one that I've met that is gay has ever regret coming across this "disease".

Old 04-25-2003   #38
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Zero
Quote:
gayness is a mind disease that rears it's head in the form of physicality
You are an ignorant jerk.

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003   #39
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero
You are an ignorant jerk.
THANK YOU ZERO

Old 04-25-2003   #40
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

personally i don't fear aids, aids is contracted by people who have little respect for themselves or accidently (in the case of ryan white and only such cases), that's the thing about this disease it isn't one that makes you ill, it is one that acts like a drug. temporary uforia (sp?). it is addictive. homosexuality is a door, it opens easy but shuts only with much deliberation.
if their were a gay gere it would mean we have a destiny and i don't believe in fate. behavior is chosen (heterosexuality, homosexuality, etc.), conditions (like albinism or autism) are genetic.

zero is one to talk, he's just as ignorant as me, but unlike me he choses to be ignorant in area's that are going to cost him (and i am not talking about religion)