Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Guys & Gals

Guys & Gals Girls + Guys, Relationships, Dating, Sex, Babe threads, etc...

Old 05-16-2003   #21
boreduroysuit
Very Experienced Member

boreduroysuit should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to boreduroysuit Send a message via MSN to boreduroysuit Send a message via Yahoo to boreduroysuit
I think you'll be all right... I've been engaged to my fiance for about 6 months now and we're waiting for another year at least. It's kinda hard when you're apart, but if you're closer than 17 hours then you should have no problem. I make the trip every time I can just to see her. Trust me it's worth it.
Old 05-25-2003   #22
rosie-cheeked
Weird.

rosie-cheeked is doing greatrosie-cheeked is doing great
Send a message via Yahoo to rosie-cheeked
number one word is THINK. Always think. Be your own Pooh-bear and think. I'm a teenager and engaged. I'll be what? 17 in June. If he pops the question and you feel you're not ready, like really not ready, like deep down inside you're not ready, then you're not ready. I know everyone else who's posted here has pretty much said the same thing. I'm engaged. Been engaged for about half a year now. Being only 16, my mom almost kicked me in the head and my siblings almost shot me. And you know what? I didn't care. As I sat down in my wonderful patio furniture chair while my now fiancee asked me if I wanted to marry him, I thought to myself, Do I love him? Do I want to be with him? Am I willing to make the sacrifice of having to wait? Am I faithful? Do I trust him? Do I trust myself? Is it worth it? Will I be happy? In the end will I regret it? Every answer was a yes, save for the last question which was a no. So I knew that answering yes to his "Will you marry me?" was the right answer. And after I had said it, I didn't feel an ounce of guilt, or doubt, or regret.

So think. That's all you'll have to do. If you're ready, say yes. If not, then ask if he'll wait. If he really, and truly loves you and cares for you, he'll wait. You'll both know when the time is right...
Old 11-09-2007   #23
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light
Re: When to get engaged?

Quote:
Originally Said by Weasel View Post
If your not sure believe me you won't be doing anyone a favor by saying yes. Tell him not yet and if he understands he will stay, and if he leaves it wasn't meant to be.

Weasel your a smart guy... He's right. It would be a huge mistake on your part to rush into to something your not sure about... You'd probably end up hurting him worse down the road and regreting your decision.

"That which doesn't kill us... only makes us stronger."

"Oh well... whatever... nevermind."
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #24
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I really hope you helped someone with their engagement problem of four years ago you slimy philistine!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #25
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I really hope you helped someone with their engagement problem of four years ago you slimy philistine!
Ok so I don't pay attention. Philistine? seriously....

"That which doesn't kill us... only makes us stronger."

"Oh well... whatever... nevermind."
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #26
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Bump much?

Quote:
Originally Said by boreduroysuit View Post
I think you'll be all right... I've been engaged to my fiance for about 6 months now and we're waiting for another year at least. It's kinda hard when you're apart, but if you're closer than 17 hours then you should have no problem. I make the trip every time I can just to see her. Trust me it's worth it.
Me and my girlfriend have been together for eight months now. She lives 147 miles almost due North of me. It takes like three and a half hours to go up there. That sucks hardcore, but we talk on the phone every night for a few hours. I feel like she's the one, but I've felt that way once before too. So I'm taking it carefully. Plus, we're only sixteen. And even though I'm not in school anymore and work 35 hours a week and drive, responsibility doesn't make me an adult yet.
Old 11-09-2007   #27
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

*gasp* Why aren't you in school? Go back!

P.S. She's not the one. Sixteen years from now and you won't be able to believe you ever wrote that.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #28
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I almost got 2fast4u mixed up with 2kte4u.

Now I'm intrigued. I want to know if she got engaged and ran off to marital bliss... or not.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #29
Isis
Well Known Member

Isis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Said by Tsunami View Post
Oh, I almost got 2fast4u mixed up with 2kte4u.

Now I'm intrigued. I want to know if she got engaged and ran off to marital bliss... or not.
Does she have e-mail? Someone should find out.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #30
miss kb
Taken (=P)

miss kb will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to miss kb

i agree, that if he loves you enough that he wants to marry you, then he will understand and wait for you if you tell him that it is too soon!!!

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." -Henry Louis Mencken
"The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
"Always forgive your enemies -- Nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde
miss kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #31
The-Chadster
truth is more important than facts

The-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart god

Umm, KB, the original post was almost 5 years ago. =D
John 8:28 Then Jesus said unto them, When ye lifted up the Son of man, then yee shall know that I am He, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So clap your hands to the sound
Of every first born dying now
Watch the rivers flow with blood
Death will stand where life once stood
The-Chadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #32
miss kb
Taken (=P)

um, the-chadster, u need to shutup!!!

-Arthur Schopenhauer
-Oscar Wilde
Old 02-20-2008   #33
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, considering it's not like she was the one to revive this thread anyway.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #34
The-Chadster
truth is more important than facts

The-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart godThe-Chadster is an Almost Smart god

Yes but her advice was for something that happened almost 5 years ago. I was just simply informing her of that.
John 8:28 Then Jesus said unto them, When ye lifted up the Son of man, then yee shall know that I am He, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So clap your hands to the sound
Of every first born dying now
Watch the rivers flow with blood
Death will stand where life once stood
The-Chadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #35
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

True, but this is a great thread considering that person wasn't the only person to ever get engaged.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-21-2008   #36
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

Just because she wasn't the only person ever to get engaged, doesn't mean it is incredibly stupid and pointless to offer advice to someone who asked for it 5 yeaars ago and isn't even on this forum anymore.

Sorry for the claws, but it seems obvious to me.

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #37
Pittielynn

No, I just mean that she's not the only one who has ever asked that same question.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-21-2008   #38
miss kb
Taken (=P)

anybody who needs advice about getting engaged can come to this forum and look at the comments.......my advice was in general, not particularly to that one person!!!

-Arthur Schopenhauer
-Oscar Wilde
Old 02-21-2008   #39
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

now-a-days, why on Earth would you want to get married?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #40
Pittielynn

I want to get married. Not because it's what your supposed to do, but because I want to be able to wake up to the man of my dreams every morning. I love thinking about him before go to sleep and the moment I wake up. Waking up next to the man I love would be like the icing on my cake.

...But that's just me. I'm a hopeless romantic...and I'm very tipsy at the moment.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade