Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Marijuana etc...

Marijuana etc... Marijuana, shrooms, tobacco, beer. Wanna get high?

Old 04-24-2003   #21
zerocool
Newbie Member

zerocool is on a distinguished road
Fuck yes it should be legall, i've never heard of one person geting high on weed and killing, robbing, shooting, or going around trying to start shit just to hurt someone, IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003   #22
jaser18
Newbie Member

jaser18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by r3zin420
My personal opinion is that weed should be legalized, but I strongly doubt that will ever happen, for the simple fact that the government could not make there $ on taxes because evrybody would grow there own. As for el lenano's comment on being cool for smokin, bro, you got life all fucked up. If you smoke to be cool, I feel sorry for you. Thats just fucking lame. I smoke because it is part of my life and I love it, not to be cool. I could give a fuck if evryone stopped smokin, i still would.
I dont know if its true or not, but I read in hightimes about a year back that if weed ever was legalized, Philip Morris woul have it on the shelves of stores in less than 2 weeks. That would be sweet. No more 2 hour missions searchin when the town goes dry....

Since everyone would start to grow it themselves, and the govt couldn't make a profit... maybe they would invent a 'SuperWeed' or a 'Cosmic-Cannibus' as it were.
jaser18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003   #23
Lockjaw

Lockjaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudager
Don't you think that if herb was legal in the U.S. , people would be happier? Not because they would be high, but because no one would be at odds with each other. The smokers wouldn't have to worry about the cops knocking down the door for something silly like a drug who's only adverse effect on the community is an empty fridge. The non-smokers wouldn't have to worry about dealers in their neighborhoods (of course their are other drugs, but if you're not happy with legal pot, you have problems anyway). Besides, when you're surrounded by happy people, you tend to share that attitude. If pot were legal, this country would finally mellow out.
You have definitely got the wrong idea about legalization. If the government legalized weed it would not mean the world would be a happy place free from troubles. I've exaggerated your points, but I still think you've exaggerated yours. Look, not everyone smokes. Legalizing weed would not be the enormous tidal wave effect you think it will be. For a lot of us we could burn duber on the street and not worry about the cops, and that would be great; but don't think that people will stop dealing marijuana cut with shit. Also, don't get dissillusioned into thinking that the DEA will ease up on you whence weed goes legal. They confiscate property when people don't have any drugs at all, so making certain drugs legal won't change that at all.
Don't fool yourself into thinking the War on Drugs is going to end anytime soon. We're in for the long haul here.
Reaching for the top,
Don't want to be anything,
When I don't know when to stop."

-Phish
Lockjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003   #24
Lockjaw

Lockjaw is on a distinguished road
Thought of another fact about legalization. If weed went legalized, then the big companies would start mass producing joints like cigarettes. Then tax will go up on them, and the companies might put nasty chemicals into the pot like they did with tobacco. Then pot might become addictive. The big corporations would monopolize because they're so cheap. THen we'd all be addicted and killing ourselves with the rat poisons and shit they might put in weed of the future.
Reaching for the top,
Don't want to be anything,
When I don't know when to stop."

-Phish
Lockjaw is offline   Reply With Quote