Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Site Issues & Suggestions

Site Issues & Suggestions Post here if you're having problems with anything on the site or forum. Questions also fielded here. Also make suggestions for features or changes you want to see made to Almost Smart.

Old 05-14-2004   #1
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth
Spreading around reputation

Someone just made a really good post, and I want to give her rep for it, but it says I have to spread the reputation around before I can give to her again. I've read the rules, and it says I have to give five other people reputation before I can give the same person reputation again.

While I understand the motive behind the current system, it seems to me that if someone makes two good posts in a row, I should be able to rep them both without having to find five other worthy posts (or wait for five more worthy posts to be made, since I've already repped most of the good posts that have already been made).

In order to be constructive, I have thought up of a few suggestions for alternative solutions.
-Impose a time limit instead of the giving rep to 5 other people system. Something along the line of 6-12 hours. This way, people would still have a hard time artificially pumping up each other's reputation, but wouldn't pose too much of a problem for rewarding people who make a couple of excellent posts.
-Remove the restriction for members whose reputation is above a certain point. People who have accrued enough reputation can probably be trusted not to screw with the system.

Thanks for your time.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #2
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spreading around reputation

i like it, cept for that last part, cause if you hit it then you can abuse it, never trust anyone, specially not me

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #3
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by chicken
never trust anyone, specially not me
you got that right

But seriously, Im glad you brought that up....as I never seem to bother reading the rules....whoops...

I prefered the old karma system because there were no restrictions, I think....don't hold me to that as its been awhile since that was here...ahh the good 'ol days where we were devoid of people like chi*turns around* err what? *muffled voice from the back of the room* im still typing?....oh shit!....sorry thats enogh for today....
Old 05-14-2004   #4
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

lol, you are a fucking dropkick aye :P

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #5
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

yeah, i think if someone has made a few good posts, it should be allowed to rep them. I have gone to give someone rep days after i gave them other rep, and it annoys me that i get that "spread around rep" message.

Can you reduce it to 2 or 3 weasel? or have it available again after a few days?
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #6
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

You know if you need people to give rep to you could always give it to me.. It's usually a cold day in hell when rep flies my way, must be the damn cat. But yeah, read around the board for now, must be some posts out there that need rating.
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #7
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with yugoloth [surprise!].

i don't like having to wait, i have no patience. and there are a few people here who deserve rep a lot more than others, and/or on a more consistent basis.

perhaps a revision of the system is needed.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #8
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

My trusty moderators and I had a discussion and decided to leave the spread where it is for now. Since there is a daily limit on the ammount of rep you can give, chances are even 1 rate by 2 people will put them "ahead" of others. Also it encourages you to give rep to people other than the person you always rate.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004   #9
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by MystikA
and the karma system was good. I remember how bad spaz's karma was. haha
what about barbarus (sp?) wasn't his like minus 30?? ah those were good days....back beginning of last year....
Old 05-16-2004   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, karma was cool.

No, don't have annonymous rep, then people will take away from me because i have a lot
Old 05-16-2004   #11
Mr Stabby

Quote:
Originally Said by trafficjamzombie
hahaha, karma was cool.

No, don't have annonymous rep, then people will take away from me because i have a lot
yeah we know.....we want to bring you down a peg or two
Old 05-17-2004   #12
Wobbie
Is Back

wow, thanks man, rep back to you
Old 05-17-2004   #13
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

Location: Wherever I happen to be...which is currently Athens, AL
krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

Quote:
Originally Said by Weasel
My trusty moderators and I had a discussion and decided to leave the spread where it is for now. Since there is a daily limit on the ammount of rep you can give, chances are even 1 rate by 2 people will put them "ahead" of others. Also it encourages you to give rep to people other than the person you always rate.
The only problem I see with that is as far as I can tell, intelligence abounds in specific people and I find myself often agreeing only with certain people.
I don't talk enough to have truly made friends with anyone, but when I do give rep, it's usually to someone that I've agreed with a bunch in the past. Most likely I'd be giving rep to that person quite a bit.
...I forgot what I was trying to say, here. Ignore me. o.O
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #14
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

you made perfect sense.

basically, some people deserve rep a lot, other not so much, a few never.

fact is, we're limited in repping those who deserve it because there's always something of theirs to rep - and the system we have now demands charity.
Old 05-17-2004   #15
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

I lack bright green squares, I must be stupid. Oh, that's right, I'm not stupid just, skipped over. Who is the lamer? "I is the lamer," says me?
Old 05-17-2004   #16
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

how'd you end up with the reds?

that's a lot of rep in a very short space of time.
Old 05-17-2004   #17
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

I'm not smart enough for greens, so I asked to be evil and go red.
Old 05-17-2004   #18
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

is that an option, or a mod perk?
Old 05-17-2004   #19
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

If I could set my own I'd set it to "Dread Lord posting whore," but I can't. Other than that, it's a statement.
Old 05-17-2004   #20
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

rep system is a waste of time and effort. unless it is tied into the store, there is no real incentive to even try to accumulate it. and if there were a real incentive for it, members would cheat for it.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote