Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 07-06-2007   #1
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice
Birthdays in common...

Just a little "betcha didn't know this" moment:

Sylvester Stallone and G.W. Bush share a birthday-to the year. Today is both men's 61st birthday. If I were Sly, I'd change it by one day ahead or behind; I wouldn't want to have anything in common with GWB.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #2
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Birthdays in common...

I'm a big fan of Sly. Man I hope I'm in the same shape as he when I'm 61 years old. Back in the 80's Sly was noted for working out 12 hour days, 6 days a week. Just look at the results by checking out how he looked in Rocky 4. The training montage in Rocky 4 was him actually doing all that stuff. Running in high snow up hills and mountains.

I can really relate to the Rocky character. There's a lot of parallels between that story and my life.
As I understand Sly Stallone and the Rocky character he plays are pretty much one in the same.

Fuck GWB! He's just a dumbass redneck. President or not, I can't stand rednecks. War or no war, GWB was not and still isn't today, credible professionally or as a person, to be running this country. He's the human equivalent to a deer just staring into headlights.
Our country will always take a turn for the worse anytime a redneck/hillbilly/cowboy wanna-be is elected in any government office.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #3
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

yes, my sister got lucky....her birthday is tomorrow. I can always remember it, and her age, because I tell my kids that it's a mathematical birthday.....7/7/49.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #4
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Madre View Post
yes, my sister got lucky....her birthday is tomorrow. I can always remember it, and her age, because I tell my kids that it's a mathematical birthday.....7/7/49.
Hey, that's neat! My mom has a mnemonic birthday... who can forget 7/11?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
Old 07-06-2007   #5
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

That's my sister's husband's birthday, too! They have lucky birthdates.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Old 07-06-2007   #6
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

I share the same birthday with Hilary Duff to the day too.

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #7
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

My birthday is the same date (not year obviously) as when John Lennon and Yoko Ono got married. Yuck! Also, same birthday as Holly Hunter's.

Laura's birthday is the same as Gandhi's.

Eric's birthday is the same as Sally Ride and Hank Williams Jr.
Old 07-06-2007   #8
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

I think I posted this before but as long as we are talking about sharing birthdays, I share the date (but not the year) with Brent (Cmdr. Data) Spiner
Farah Fawcett
Grahm Nash
Christie Brinkley
as well as all of these folks.

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
Old 07-13-2007   #9
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

I guess I really should have put this thread in the endless thread forum, but oh well...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harrison Ford is officially a senior citizen today. He's 65.

Patrick (Jean-Luc Picard) Stewart is 67 today.

Cheech Marin is 61.

And if it is your birthday, then best wishes.

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
Old 07-13-2007   #10
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I share a birthday with Queen Victoria and Kirk Douglas.

...not all that interesting, haha.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #11
casandra
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..

casandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to casandra

i share a birthday feb 6th, with bob marley how cool is that
casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #12
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I can't recall his exact birthday now but I do remember that if I was born either a day later or earlier (whichever is right) I'd share Carl Sagan's birthday. I wanna say it is November 9th, whereas mine is the 8th.

As it stands, I do share a birthday with such deceased celebrities as comet-christening Edmund Halley, dracula-dude Bram Stoker, and wind-writer Margaret Mitchell. The latter named dead person I have nothing in common with as I seldom "depend on the kindness of strangers."

Living celebs include Jack Osbourne of inherited fame and Porl Thompson of the Cure.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by JaSunTzu; 08-03-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: It's Porl Thompson not Porl Orson
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #13
casandra
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..

casandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to casandra

interesting, carl sagan would be really nice to share a birthday with...there are alot of scientists with close birthdays to me...charles darwin, emilio serge, ludwig prantyl (father of aerodynamics), galileo, alice hamilton, svante arrhenius...all feb science :)
casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #14
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

i have the same birthday as james hetfield, obviously not the same year though.

annd same as one of the original power rangers.
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007   #15
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Ricky Martin, Ava Gardner,and Howard Hughes celebrate with me

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #16
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Let's see.. I share my DOB with:

Reese Witherspoon
Andrew Lloyd Webber
William Shatner
Marcel Marceau and
Chico Marx.. among others

J.S. Bach was born the day before *shakes fist* Why didn't you have me four hours earlier, mother!

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #17
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

David Hasselhoff is 55 today
Donald Sutherland is 72
and Art Linkletter is 95!!

Jimmy Cagney was born on this date in 1899 and passed away in 1986.

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
Old 07-17-2007   #18
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

"You dirty rat, I'm going to get rid of you just like you gave it to my brother!"

Heh... I love Cagney. He was one of the best actors the world's ever seen.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #19
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

Daniel (Harry Potter) Radcliffe is 18 today (My, how time has passed!)

Woody Harrelson is 46

Marlon Wayans is 35

Eriq La Salle is 45

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
Old 07-30-2007   #20
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

Arnold Schwarzenegger is 60 today

Laurence Fishburne is 46

Vivica A Fox is 43.

))#####D~~~~ (_l_)