Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 06-12-2014   #1
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute
I think 2012 might have been right

So watching and reading the news (Mostly from VICE) it seem the world is going to hell in a hand basket:

UKRAINE - Civil unrest in Kiev followed by Russian aggression which prompted a response by NATO. And now seperatists and the Ukrainian army are in conflict.

THAILAND - Civil unrest between the red shirts (government supporters) and the yellow shirts (monarchy supporters) are at each other constantly and killing each other which lead to the 12 coup d'etat in the country's history

BRAZIL - Civil unrest over the FIFA cup and Olympics. The poor have been psuhed around by the government via the police, federal police, special police focres, the military police, and the military itself. Heavy fighting has been ongoing in the fevals around the new FIFA stadium and the rich don't care about the poor becuase of the soccer

IRAQ - Militants seize key oil cities and a pushing to Baghdad. the governemnt is asking the USA for immediate air strikes to halt the advance.

EGYPT - The people are divided between the supporters of the military and those who are against them. Protests and killings occur everyday.

SYRIA - You know whats going on there

VARIOUS EUROPEAN STATES - Far-right wing ultra-nationalist groups are on the rise and have been gaining support in high levels of government. In response far-left militant have been attacking the far-right supporters in Sweden. Islamic Fundamentalists and British Nationalists are harrasing each other in England.

SOUTH SUDAN - Civil war has been ongoing since indepence. Accusations of war crimes on both side are being made daily.

VENEZUELA - Civil uprising has been ongoing now the Hugo chavez is gone. It appears a power vacume is occuring in the country.

So personally I think things look bad. Things may get worse, but I think some of these situations will get better. But for now alot of these major issues will not be resovled anytime soon.
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: I think 2012 might have been right

I don't get it Comrade Marx.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #3
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

Archeologists recently found a cave with pre 2012 artifacts. There is speculation that suggest there was once a war at some point in history, but that's dangerous to talk about

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

lol^

I forgot about this thread. I still dont get it

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-09-2014   #5
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo accidently caught the news a couple of nights ago. Ebola, ISIS, and all the other conflicts going on.... WTF.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I haven't heard too much of it, maybe because I don't watch the news or it's not that important. ISOL i thought is what we are calling them is just another stupid terrorist group, aint it? Why don't we send Comrade out there to go kick their asses into shape?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-15-2014   #7
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

Kurds are doing a good job on their own. 1/3 of the YPG force is female which scares the shit out of the ISIS fighters
Old 10-15-2014   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol who's the YPG? You should hook up with one of those chicks Marx.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-22-2014   #9
Comrade Marx

YPG is the People's Protection Unit the Armed wing of the Kurdish Work's Party
Old 10-22-2014   #10
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

It is hard for me to act as if I have an unbiased opinion in these matters. Unless some compelling information presents itself, I would love to blow the shit out of ISIS. After all, I've already had to deal with insurgents trying to blow me up for a year . I am not certain how much of their actions are magnified by hype and how much of their actions are actually their own delusional mission, but I would be happy to put them out of their misery. Yet there is so much injustice in this world. The norm in this age among us lovely "civilized" people is to ignore those things around us and to tend to ourselves and our own. After all, there's nothing we can do about other people. Right?

Yet intrinsically I am no better than ISIS. I can actually fucking understand how people can arrive at the conclusion that the best course of action is to let it all burn. Kill it with fire. Kill it all. Fuck ISIS, fuck supremacy, fuck bigotry, fuck racism, fuck sexism, fuck ignorance, fuck hypocrisy, fuck INJUSTICE on a whole. I am SICK and TIRED of ALL this BULLSHIT. We are civilization? Why the fuck is it so hard to find CIVIL people within "civilization"? I have had enough. The time for me to take action is almost here. Contrary to how I currently feel, I will not exterminate. I will not use violence. I will become a better person.

... I probably shouldn't do Almost Smart whilst drunk. It's better than Facebooking, texting, or calling whilst drunk though.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

NO! You SHOULD post on AS whilst drunk, whenever possible!!! I do it all the time! It's fun! Just say what you want, even if you spell it wrong :p (that's usually my case.)

You should especially, because the true posts come out. Unadulterated and inhibitions lost. Those are the words I want to read.

*** In other news****
Marx, were you there in Ottawa today? They postponed the hockey game man! lol j/k. Not sure what happened up there, but it didn't sound too good.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-25-2014   #12
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

So apparently I've been here at the frustrated-with-civilization rant before. This is the thing I like about AS... It gives me a portal into the past if I need it.
Quote:
Originally Said by Nami View Post
That's why this video makes me sad. It receives sentiments like this, only worse. (Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQBLqLzmMI.) What if that kid goes and kills himself?

It's great how civilized "civilization" really is.
So. Time to do something about it, methinks.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote