Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 07-15-2009   #1
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Forums Upgraded

I updated the forums to the latest version.

There will probably be MUCH weirdness on the site..

If everyone posts their favorite bugs/errors in this thread I will fix them as fast as I can.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Forums Upgraded

The store/points system isn't available anymore but I suspect that they're still working on all of that.

This thread doesn't show up on the New Posts page. On that topic, I don't like how that particular page is set up...I seem to remember after the last update we could change it back to the old way if we wished, is that option still available?

EDIT: Never mind, I just clicked on the latest posts link on the main forum and it has the older format....I'll just make a note not to use the new posts link.

Other than that, i think everything's okay (so far).

Oh and for those that are wondering, 'Who's Online' is now at the bottom of the main forum.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Jenn and tonic; 07-15-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: I used 'expect' instead of 'suspect.' Silly me.
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #3
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's moving much faster (unless I'm mistaken). The profiles are interesting.

But are the gifts gone? *Clasps hands together obsequiously*

Edit: Huh. I guess be-friending people here is still equally pointless as it was. :surprised: :big grin: :sarcastic:

P.S. Some of the smilies don't work! *Annoying grin*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 07-15-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #4
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

just something little but i don't like how almost smart doesn't stretch across the screen anymore. lol i feel like something is missing.

and i know newer forums use the new profile view and stuff, but i just don't like it.

and the customized names don't show up on the latest topics page or the who's online page anymore. you can still access it (who's online) the same way though.

and JENN, i didn't see any lastest posts page. that's what i view!
oh and now you can see the messenger types on the avatar.
and location.

i'm just going to post every change i see lol and maybe others will do the same.

oooh and i like when you get some kind of notification it pops up under your pms thing. like on facebook. i DO like that. it's probably my favorite new feature. but gah that big white empty space bothers me.
lol how about a different member design an image to go there every month. ha
Old 07-15-2009   #5
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute

- Site header pooped *attachment*

- Overwritten emoticons

- Hide Spider bots from Who's Online
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (24.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Grunt; 07-15-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #6
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

no member list. I hate there is no "Latest Posts"
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #7
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
no member list. I hate there is no "Latest Posts"
Member list is under the "Community" menu item.

And i'm sure Weasel will add a link for the old version back.
the link is http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/latesttopics.php?

Old 07-15-2009   #8
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Princess View Post
just something little but i don't like how almost smart doesn't stretch across the screen anymore. lol i feel like something is missing.

and i know newer forums use the new profile view and stuff, but i just don't like it.

and the customized names don't show up on the latest topics page or the who's online page anymore. you can still access it (who's online) the same way though.

and JENN, i didn't see any lastest posts page. that's what i view!
oh and now you can see the messenger types on the avatar.
and location.

i'm just going to post every change i see lol and maybe others will do the same.

oooh and i like when you get some kind of notification it pops up under your pms thing. like on facebook. i DO like that. it's probably my favorite new feature. but gah that big white empty space bothers me.
lol how about a different member design an image to go there every month. ha
Either use Grunt's trusty link for the latest posts, or on the AS front page, click on forum, under which is the link to latest posts in the old format.

I like the new notification thing too. HI ZP, WE'RE FRIENDS NOW!

EDIT: And I took a look at the profiles, and my first reaction was "My Land!"....not sure why.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-15-2009   #9
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt new posts the same as latest posts?
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #10
Grunt
Aye, very good

there are...distinct differences

Old 07-15-2009   #11
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I go to New Jersey for ONE WEEK and Almost Smart goes and changes on me.

Jeebus.

I'll need to fiddle around with it more, I guess, but right now I'm not liking the no "latest posts" (at least superficially) and am confused by my user cp. Alas, it is time for dinner, so I will have to screw around with this thing later tonight or tomorrow.

1. The header... it bugs me that it ends midway through.
2. ZP's name doesn't show up. Right now she is Zanahoria Pi, which is cool unto itself, but still.
3. Where are the gifts?
4. Has my signature always been this large and I just haven't noticed?
5. Would you be a purple cow?

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #12
Grunt
Aye, very good

2. ZP's name shows as full for me. What browser are you using?
3. Incompatable with the new forum version. Will probably be updated in due course... along with the store and all included functions (Username syles, usertitle sytles etc)
4. YES! OMG YES and its annoying.
5. WTF?

Old 07-15-2009   #13
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Grunt View Post
2. ZP's name shows as full for me. What browser are you using?
3. Incompatable with the new forum version. Will probably be updated in due course... along with the store and all included functions (Username syles, usertitle sytles etc)
4. YES! OMG YES and its annoying.
5. WTF?

2. Firefox 3.5?
3. Oh, ok. I thought maybe they had been purposefully "lost" during the revamp.
4. I down-sized it... it never showed up as big for me before, sorry.
5. It's from a poem and I just had a third Apple Cider Slushie. Shush.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #14
cstoll
?!

cstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Active Users! I found you! There you are, hiding at the bottom of the screen.
Well played. Well played.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
--Blackadder
cstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #15
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by cstoll View Post
Ah, Active Users! I found you! There you are, hiding at the bottom of the screen.
Well played. Well played.
For those too lazy to scroll, I just found a link to 'Who's Online' under Quick Links at the top of the page.
Old 07-15-2009   #16
Grunt
Aye, very good

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
For those too lazy to scroll, I just found a link to 'Who's Online' under Quick Links at the top of the page.
only just found it? its been there for...years

Old 07-15-2009   #17
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
only just found it? its been there for...years
Really?

I suppose I just never used the Quick Links option. Silly me.

In fact, I don't recall ever clicking on Quick Links until today.....or Calendar. Or Games, though we don't have that option right now.
Old 07-15-2009   #18
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

I don't like the quick reply box being so damn long, but that's just personal preference.. also, name modifications(color/italics/etc.) don't show up on the "Who's online" page. I miss my "Latest Posts" link, but I have it bookmarked(& the "Today's Posts" page is fine enough.) The blue header not going all the way across the page looks a little weird too, but again that's not really a bug, methinks.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #19
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

I need "latest post" back.. I'm addicted to that button/link!

Gifts and name colors need to return as well.

(actually: I liked the old version way better somehow, was way more 'smoth')
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #20
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Member list is under the "Community" menu item.

And i'm sure Weasel will add a link for the old version back.
the link is http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/latesttopics.php?
i reme
Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
i said that.

Tags
forum changes, upgrade