Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 03-10-2011   #41
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: Hello!

Wow! She is incredibly talented. It took me a minute before I realized those were pictures of books and not actually the books.

Well, I guess they are pictures of pictures of books.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #42
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Wow! She is incredibly talented. It took me a minute before I realized those were pictures of books and not actually the books.

Well, I guess they are pictures of pictures of books.
Well, to be extra technical, they're technically pictures of paintings of books. But still--her skills are definitely wow. ;)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #43
Crembrandt1606
Newbie Member

Crembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm!! Thank you for re-posting my friend! :D I should really finish those...;)

Thanks EC! :)
"In calling this movie a "creature" I wish to emphasize its ability to almost literally administer pain to the viewer's body and mind by repeatedly attacking the viewer with its dumbness. As a rabies-infested creature attacks viciously and without good reason, this movie drives the viewer into a corner and sinks its thought-sapping teeth into the most vital areas of the viewer's intelligence." An excerpt from Rachael's review of the movie "Lost."

"If you are attacked in an alley, compliment your attacker profusely on his cleverness and confidence in being able to confront his or her enemies and express his anger! Healthiness comes through experience, dear ones! Quiet your souls." Advise from an Elderly man

"A painting is finished when the artist says it's finished." --Rembrandt Van Rijn

"Smiles a Hobo smile of having eaten too many inedible things"--one of Rachael's many amazing statements!
Crembrandt1606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #44
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I have not yet said hello and welcome, so I will do so now.

Hello! And Welcome!

And I am in awe of your talent.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011   #45
Crembrandt1606
Newbie Member

Crembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! And thank you! :D

And thanks again, I appreciate that! :)
"In calling this movie a "creature" I wish to emphasize its ability to almost literally administer pain to the viewer's body and mind by repeatedly attacking the viewer with its dumbness. As a rabies-infested creature attacks viciously and without good reason, this movie drives the viewer into a corner and sinks its thought-sapping teeth into the most vital areas of the viewer's intelligence." An excerpt from Rachael's review of the movie "Lost."

"If you are attacked in an alley, compliment your attacker profusely on his cleverness and confidence in being able to confront his or her enemies and express his anger! Healthiness comes through experience, dear ones! Quiet your souls." Advise from an Elderly man

"A painting is finished when the artist says it's finished." --Rembrandt Van Rijn

"Smiles a Hobo smile of having eaten too many inedible things"--one of Rachael's many amazing statements!
Old 03-15-2011   #46
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Well, to be extra technical, they're technically pictures of paintings of books. But still--her skills are definitely wow. ;)
Maybe I should have said they were images of images of books?

To be as broad as possible.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 06-24-2011   #47
Crembrandt1606
Newbie Member

Hey...I haven't posted in like...three months...maybe more. Here's some new stuff! :)

Recently completed mural, done in acrylic. :)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized1.jpg (73.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg resized2.jpg (66.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg resized3.jpg (72.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg resized4.jpg (55.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg resized5.jpg (67.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg resized6.jpg (67.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg resized7.jpg (78.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 06-24-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2011   #48
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm! No matter how many times I see it, the epicness never fades.... (Not that my looking at affects its epicness. Yes. Still, epic!!)

Hopefully, that psycho never gets the "clever" idea to "improve it" with a #2 pencil again. Maniac.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011   #49
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Oh wow.. that's so awesome!
Old 06-24-2011   #50
EmperorChaos

In that last picture, it took me a minute. I kept looking for a painting near a curtain. I was like, "Y'all forgot to draw the curtains to show the painting!"

Epic stuff.

GRORIOUS. SIMPLY GRORIOUS!
-=-=-=-

Tags
cool murals, paintings