Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 06-14-2003   #1
monster
Needs to confirm E-mail address

monster will become famous soon enough
metallica

i am pretty new to metallica; none of my friends are really into 'em, so i never got the chance to listen to any.

anyways, now i have heard some random stuff, and f*ckin love it. i am gonna buy an album, but don't know which one and i thought could the hardcore metallica fans gimme some opinions.

cheers
Old 06-14-2003   #2
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
it depends which metallica you are into.

If its the softer more modern metallica, with tunes like Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven, Fuel or Attitude, buy either Reload or Black. Both are softer than the old stuff, bit i reckon theyre every bit as good, people argue about which is better, but i think it depends on which you head first.

if you are into the older thrashy metallica, with stuff like One, The thing that should not be, For Whom the bell tolls or fade to black, get Ride The Lightening, its a fucking awesome album.
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003   #3
geminijoe28
Well Known Member

geminijoe28 is on a distinguished road
i personally would pick up "metallica" (black album), load or reload if i wanted to try them out..buy yeah pick up some of their older stuff too if u like..

but the ones i mentioned would be the albums i'd pick up for a new fan..
Old 06-14-2003   #4
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
definantly get Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets. The two most amazing albums ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003   #5
monster
Needs to confirm E-mail address

monster will become famous soon enough
i've heard One, Fade to Black and Master of Puppets
i did a little research on amazon at the lists people make, and the top 2 on every single metallica list were Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets
so i'm thinkin' probably 1 of them...
Old 06-15-2003   #6
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
Ride the lightening, persnally i prefer it, thou either is realy good.
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Old 06-15-2003   #7
Thrice
Identity Crisis

yeah RTL is so unbelievably good. Just dont buy the new one just yet. St. Anger dosnt show the true metallica. You should just save up like $200 and buy every Metallica audio ever made! S&M, Kill Em All, Garage Inc, Cunning Stunts, And Justice For All, The Black Album, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Load, Reload, St. Anger & Live Shit Binge & Purge. Did i skip any?

Old 06-15-2003   #8
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Garage Days Revisited, the EP. (I know this is on garage inc, but its best to have the original).

Didnt know there was a Cunning Stunts album, are u sure its not a video?

The thing i love about metallica is there is something to suit every mood, thou ironically it was S&M i was listening to when i rolled my car. Kinda scared to listen to it again, still having flashbacks!
Old 06-15-2003   #9
Thrice
Identity Crisis

yeah sry, there is no Cunning Stunts CD. That would be cool. Great DVD. Best DVD though is Binge & Purge.

Old 06-16-2003   #10
rae_1998_99
Newbie Member

rae_1998_99 is on a distinguished road
the best 2 albums by metallica are ride the lightning, and master of puppets!!! the new one is pretty kick ass too!
rae_1998_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003   #11
Black Wind
Trainee Member

Black Wind is on a distinguished road
random stuff off each, but as an album I think re-load fucking rocks.
Old 06-18-2003   #12
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with thrice, you should just get all the albums as they each show a slightly different metallica on each one...........or you could just buy ride the lightning as this is one of the best in my opinion.......
Old 06-18-2003   #13
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Wind
random stuff off each, but as an album I think re-load fucking rocks.
This is true, i think reload is one of my favorite album ever, its very complete, consistant and every track is good.

However, I think that ride the lightening is better metallica... if ya know what i mean!
Old 06-23-2003   #14
rockerosiempre
Trainee Member

rockerosiempre is on a distinguished road
I think the new Metallica album is good, in the beginning i thought: "¿What the hell?", but after i have listen the record over and over, kinda like dime, but for me the best metallica album is "...And Justice For all", it was my first record to buy ever!!
rockerosiempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003   #15
ceilirince

ceilirince is on a distinguished road
I found this song on KaZaA by metallia. It is called no lead clovrt. Only thing is I can't find it on any of there cd's. Has anyone else heard of this song? But I love what I have heard of metallica. I want to get ride the lightning and master of puppets. For now I am stuck to downloading.

babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah got your lovey dovey sad and lonely stick the stupid slogan in everybody sing along
-Marilyn manson
The Golden age of Grotesque
This is the new shit
ceilirince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003   #16
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
ceilirince, it's supposed to be called "No Leaf Clover" and its not on any of their released cd's its a special track they did, thats about all i know........hope that helps clear the confusion some......
Old 06-23-2003   #17
ceilirince

ceilirince is on a distinguished road
yeah I know what it is called that was me typing on the wrong keys as usual. but I know it is called no leaf clover.

babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah got your lovey dovey sad and lonely stick the stupid slogan in everybody sing along
-Marilyn manson
The Golden age of Grotesque
This is the new shit
ceilirince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003   #18
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Its on S&M, dunno if theres a version without the orchestra.
Old 06-24-2003   #19
Black Wind
Trainee Member

Black Wind is on a distinguished road
yeah definately better metallica on ride the lightening, but my personal fav other tha re-load is justice for all.
Old 06-30-2003   #20
stevenshanley

stevenshanley is on a distinguished road
dude, do wat i did, buy all of hem, i've got all bar 2 of thge albums, an the video's r cool as well. escepially a year and a half in the life of... as it shows how they made the black album an all the behind the scenes s**t.
stevenshanley is offline   Reply With Quote