Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 05-03-2009   #81
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: The Experiment - The Result

so basically nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
That's a lot of nothing.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #82
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

^that's kinda what I'm starting to think.
Old 05-03-2009   #83
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
Yeah, creating a mean-spirited thread about a specific member for any reason is what I'm talking about when I say some members showing their true colors to exactly what they are really about. So this thread along with comparing a specific member to hemroids and showing pics of hemroids cleary shows what we are really dealing with here. I have two words for all of you when it comes to members like that..."IGNORE FEATURE."
or trying to call someone out and ruin a relationship by posting something that a person wrote pretending to be someone else while that person was sitting right there and thinking that is evidence of something important. I mean seriously trying to ruin a relationship? We lol-ed at the stupidity of that juvenile behavior.

sad...sad...sad...
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #84
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #85
PaperBag

PaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond repute

PaperBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #86
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise!

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
Old 05-04-2009   #87
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

God this is boring, there needs to be guns, shooting, racial tension and white police officers getting called "cracker."

Someone throw a pie or say a rude word.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #88
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Captain's log; 845961.
Day 2 of Pittielynn proving her point.
Myself, GoddessDivine, Funk*Sonic*7, Higgins, and Yugoloth are online plus a bunch of guests, and no mods, and some idiot named sitoo9010 has spammed the forum.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #89
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Quote:
Originally Said by pitcairnpete View Post
God this is boring, there needs to be guns, shooting, racial tension and white police officers getting called "cracker."

Someone throw a pie or say a rude word.
Quote:
Heard Rodney got arrested again?

Charged for imitating a pinata by a fucked up cracker in a blue suit with a gun.
Pie is too good to waste.

Old 05-04-2009   #90
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by pittielynn View Post
Captain's log; 845961.
Day 2 of Pittielynn proving her point.
Myself, GoddessDivine, Funk*Sonic*7, Higgins, and Yugoloth are online plus a bunch of guests, and no mods, and some idiot named sitoo9010 has spammed the forum.
Why do I feel we're being made to feel guilty for having lives outside of this forum? We can't be on here 24/7, and unless we had moderators from every time zone, that wouldn't happen anyway. The spammers are gotten rid of pretty swiftly, and I think it's a little rich to complain about the mods getting involved too much, and then complain that we're not around enough.

So there's a few bits of spam lying around occasionally - it isn't like it doesn't get mopped up, and it's not ruining the forum for anyone, you can just ignore it all. (Also, we'd know about it sooner if they were actually reported, but that hardly ever happens - in fact, I can only think of two members who are kind enough to do so.)

There aren't going to be anymore mods made unless Weasel decides there should (and you're free to message him if you like). The number of mods was never in question, simply the system of moderating.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #91
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Kali View Post
Why do I feel we're being made to feel guilty for having lives outside of this forum? We can't be on here 24/7, and unless we had moderators from every time zone, that wouldn't happen anyway. The spammers are gotten rid of pretty swiftly, and I think it's a little rich to complain about the mods getting involved too much, and then complain that we're not around enough.

So there's a few bits of spam lying around occasionally - it isn't like it doesn't get mopped up, and it's not ruining the forum for anyone, you can just ignore it all. (Also, we'd know about it sooner if they were actually reported, but that hardly ever happens - in fact, I can only think of two members who are kind enough to do so.)

There aren't going to be anymore mods made unless Weasel decides there should (and you're free to message him if you like). The number of mods was never in question, simply the system of moderating.

Let me address what you have said point by point and act only to allay your fears Kali.
No one is trying to make you feel guilty at all, you have all offered to work here for no money or have accepted an offer to work here for no money. We all understand that the internet is simply a means of information and people have lives outside of it. No one asks people to get on here “24/7” as you put it.
What I personally have a problem with is the generalisations that you make in your first paragraph. Why do you not complain about the people that whine and name them? You used to do it in the forum that was mods only, just name and shame those that whine too much. Its ok
By all stopping your duties for a month proves one thing, you have some how replaced the word moderation (a thankless task) with employment. Its not something you are bound to, if you are worried someone is trying to make you feel guilty then you should laugh.
Quite frankly, this is the fucking internet and if you take it too seriously, you do realise you can ((cover your eyes)) Turn the fucking computer off, walk in to a club, bar, tennis court, football field, cafe, coffee house, pub and explain that you have had a rough time, you live in the area and have just had a rough time and you will realise that people will bend over backwards to talk to you.
I mean this to anyone on the site, not kali, I should make that mega clear lol.

Old 05-04-2009   #92
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Lol its the internet

-10 RL
Old 05-04-2009   #93
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

Kyle mate, have a word. assure people that the fucking internet is not the biggest thing!

I expect big gifs! Dare I beg!

Old 05-05-2009   #94
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

Quote:
Let me address what you have said point by point and act only to allay your fears Kali.
No one is trying to make you feel guilty at all, you have all offered to work here for no money or have accepted an offer to work here for no money. We all understand that the internet is simply a means of information and people have lives outside of it. No one asks people to get on here 24/7 as you put it.
What I personally have a problem with is the generalisations that you make in your first paragraph. Why do you not complain about the people that whine and name them? You used to do it in the forum that was mods only, just name and shame those that whine too much. Its ok
By all stopping your duties for a month proves one thing, you have some how replaced the word moderation (a thankless task) with employment. Its not something you are bound to, if you are worried someone is trying to make you feel guilty then you should laugh.
Quite frankly, this is the fucking internet and if you take it too seriously, you do realise you can ((cover your eyes)) Turn the fucking computer off, walk in to a club, bar, tennis court, football field, cafe, coffee house, pub and explain that you have had a rough time, you live in the area and have just had a rough time and you will realise that people will bend over backwards to talk to you.
I mean this to anyone on the site, not kali, I should make that mega clear lol.
a tennis court would be nice...

one thing i wish you mods did do was participate more in the threads while there were "no mods" that way any anger, frustration or anything could have been said. I know it is impossible to not get angry with people on here just because you are a mod and are supposed to remain neutral, and i know it must suck.

I get where the frustration comes in. Threads being made basically all questioning what the mods do...I mean really? The rules are simple. If you dont choose to follow them you get warned or banned. If you dont enjoy the forum then get off it. I chose to get in an argument and so i got banned. I broke a rule, got banned, end of story. I didnt come back in bitch mode trying to start shit cause i was pissed that i :gasp: got banned from an internet forum. I get pretty pissed off at a few people on here, but when i do i just say my shit then turn the computer off or go look at something else. One reason i get pissy is because no one on this forum (save a few) know me and hardly anyone has met me, so why the hell do people act like they can make a decent judgement of how i really am. Its annoying to think that someone is sitting at home in front of their computer possibly hating my text. Actually that isnt annoying, its just sad.

As for the 24/7 thing. If anyone accepts an offer to police this forum majority of their day then they need to get a life. It cant be expected of the mods and it shouldnt be.
-Obi Wan

Old 05-05-2009   #95
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

why the hell is this still going on?
Old 05-05-2009   #96
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Because Dana avoids

D R A M A

Old 05-05-2009   #97
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Quote:
Kyle mate, have a word. assure people that the fucking internet is not the biggest thing!

I expect big gifs! Dare I beg!
What
Old 05-05-2009   #98
GoddessDivine

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
Because Dana avoids

D R A M A
oh excuse me...i guess you are the only one who can post in threads and make threads and not consider it drama. pot ket black

i mean you are so above that and all, its not like you baited and flamed another member on the first page of this thread or anything
-Obi Wan

Old 05-05-2009   #99
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
a tennis court would be nice...

one thing i wish you mods did do was participate more in the threads while there were "no mods" that way any anger, frustration or anything could have been said. I know it is impossible to not get angry with people on here just because you are a mod and are supposed to remain neutral, and i know it must suck.
You know, I was thinking about this the other day. The site used to be really fun, and I never had to walk on eggshells thinking that I'd get attacked for anything I said. And looking through my old reps up to, I'd say about six months ago, I had a lot of fun here. For awhile now, it's been like a chore, and I come on wondering what blew up while I was gone. My aim is to start having fun again like I used to.

I stopped participating in a lot of the debates because I wanted to remain neutral...but debating was fun. I'm rusty, but maybe I'll get back into it.

Quote:
As for the 24/7 thing. If anyone accepts an offer to police this forum majority of their day then they need to get a life. It cant be expected of the mods and it shouldnt be.
What I meant earlier, and I suppose it was misconstrued or I didn't say it right, is that mods are on every day and we're very accessible. Before our new set of mods came in, there weren't mods on every day because they were busy; understandable enough, but there was that need to have mods that were on frequently. I'd say...six or seven mods are on here on a regular basis; by that I mean at least three times a week; five or so are on every day. Based on the size of our forum, that's a good amount of mods.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #100
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

why do you guys keep explaining yourselves? good lord. mods had their month-long strike, everyone got to have their fun. how bout the people who still don't like things take a strike of their own?