Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 04-01-2009   #61
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Experiment

I agree entirely. It all stems from people relaxing in debates: just ignore the flames and off topic, and respond to the meat of the debate. All the other stuff will cull itself out.

I like being a mod here because I genuinely like helping people out and I like the day-to-day "business" of the site; it just gets kind of iffy when you step into fights because you really cannot win no matter what you do.

You will always be hated for anything you do because there's basically two camps of people: those who want no interference and hate it when you intefere, and those that demand interference but want it done THEIR WAY. And both types of people hate it when you happen to make a decision they don't like.

Again, if we all would relax, I think debating would be a lot more fun on here.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #62
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sa'alyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk

Click above to visit The Easytoon Place
sa'alyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #63
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one reason I don't like that song: Yoko Ono. However, its message is awesome. And applicable to this situation, too.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-01-2009   #64
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

The inherent problem with flaming and derailing in sincere debate is that substance is lost. If it doesn't matter to you fine. But if it does to someone else, why isn't that ok too? How is there any skin off someone's back for keeping a thread at least generally on topic and flaming out?

There are plenty of relaxed threads where the privileged are allowed to flame away.

If there are no rules in place to handle people who seek out threads to derail when they're tired of listening to themselvevs, why should anyone else spend time posting a thoughtful piece of anything?

J & T, you absolutely ran two of my well thought out and well documented threads into the ground because YOU just didn't get the discussion. In one of them said you weren't interested anyway but by then you had taken it so far off track there was no reeling it back in. Yet your stubborn bullshit kept other people out because you derailed it yourself. What kind of mod does that? Repeatedly?

Those who make sincere effort to follow existing rules deserve moderator support by telling someone with no intention of staying on topic to move on. If that doesn't happen, how can anyone interested in on topic discussion participate meaningfully?

Moderators have claimed not to have time to weed through posts to get to the bottom of a problem or even find one, yet everyone else is supposed to weed through garbage and make an effort to follow rules others are not only to have good efforts buried in muck? Ignoring doesn't work because often someone derailing and flaming makes a poignant comment that deserves attention.

I don't post where there are no rules at all because everything turns to shit. Some of y'all don't like what you saw today and think you're needed to keep people in line when in reality you only do what you want, and too many of you are at odds with how to enforce the rules.

Moderators who refuse to enforce rules they don't like are no better than any other forum abuser. Not to mention the petty politics in PMs that obliterate any semblance of common sense or objectivity.

If you want to be a moderator, enforce existing rules equally across the board. Either you can mod or you can't or don't want to.

Has anyone here posted regularly on an anarchist's site or forum? Isn't it funny and outrageous how many rules they enforce? Actions say a lot more than words.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #65
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
The inherent problem with flaming and derailing in sincere debate is that substance is lost. If it doesn't matter to you fine. But if it does to someone else, why isn't that ok too? How is there any skin off someone's back for keeping a thread at least generally on topic and flaming out?

There are plenty of relaxed threads where the privileged are allowed to flame away.
Because no one complains about them and mods can't read every post. If there was a complaint on every post, we might do something about it. But again...if we caught it every time, then we'd have a HUGE majority of people telling us to butt out.

Quote:
If there are no rules in place to handle people who seek out threads to derail when they're tired of listening to themselvevs, why should anyone else spend time posting a thoughtful piece of anything?

J & T, you absolutely ran two of my well thought out and well documented threads into the ground because YOU just didn't get the discussion. In one of them said you weren't interested anyway but by then you had taken it so far off track there was no reeling it back in. Yet your stubborn bullshit kept other people out because you derailed it yourself. What kind of mod does that? Repeatedly?
In the thread I believe you're referring to, I made ONE ill-advised post which I regret. Then since the mods got so many complaints about ALL off topic posts in that thread demanding that something be done, with other mods' approval I culled out the off topic stuff.

Quote:
Those who make sincere effort to follow existing rules deserve moderator support by telling someone with no intention of staying on topic to move on. If that doesn't happen, how can anyone interested in on topic discussion participate meaningfully?

Moderators have claimed not to have time to weed through posts to get to the bottom of a problem or even find one, yet everyone else is supposed to weed through garbage and make an effort to follow rules others are not only to have good efforts buried in muck? Ignoring doesn't work because often someone derailing and flaming makes a poignant comment that deserves attention.
As sa'alyg succinctly said, he prefers a system in which people learn to ignore stupid remarks. Yes, it does sometimes get tedious to weed through...on the other hand, when you don't give people attention, after awhile they tend to figure out 'oh, this isn't the best way to interfere.' Now, I don't mind either system. If the majority here want more interference, sure. If not, then we need to figure out a better system. Together, and with no flames, just a discussion.

Quote:
I don't post where there are no rules at all because everything turns to shit. Some of y'all don't like what you saw today and think you're needed to keep people in line when in reality you only do what you want, and too many of you are at odds with how to enforce the rules.

Moderators who refuse to enforce rules they don't like are no better than any other forum abuser. Not to mention the petty politics in PMs that obliterate any semblance of common sense or objectivity.

If you want to be a moderator, enforce existing rules equally across the board. Either you can mod or you can't or don't want to.
I do genuinely like being a mod. The problem I have is that people have a lack of understanding for being one. All of us get shit on any time we enforce rules, then get cried to and about when we don't. We get bitched at when we give warnings because everyone seems to think they're a saint on here. So just a LITTLE understanding MAY be nice. Some understanding that: the thread I *WITH OTHER MODS APPROVAL* edited that day was REALLY out of hand, and we got complaints from no less than six different people about the thread (it could be more but honestly it's been so long that I'm not sure how many complaints we got. It was a lot, though).

I could have closed it, but honestly there was a great debate going on that I and other mods wanted to see how it came out, so I warned everyone, and deleted/edited out the off topic, flaming stuff, including my ill-advised post. I began to try to explain to both parties within the thread, but was attacked by both. So, which is it? Close it and don't allow discussion, or take out the offending posts? Or leave it alone and continue to let it get out of hand?

Nothing we've tried works. Noninterference gets complaints. Interference gets complaints. Where's the point that we hit a wall, and need to figure out a different way to debate?
Old 04-02-2009   #66
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
Because no one complains about them and mods can't read every post. If there was a complaint on every post, we might do something about it. But again...if we caught it every time, then we'd have a HUGE majority of people telling us to butt out.
That is stretching a blatant lie on a few counts.

When I reported abuse and nothing was done, I reported it again, then another and then several and was BANNED for it plus that sorry made up shit. So fuck that. Why do you have such difficulty with talking straight?

AND, I only complained and reported abuse when my feet were held to the fire while others skated and while YOU and other moderators helped derail and flame. You are one of the worst mods here. You don't like the rules so you enforce what you want how you want, which is part of why my 2nd ban was lifted.

Just be straight. Sheez.

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
Old 04-02-2009   #67
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is stretching a blatant lie on a few counts.

When I reported abuse and nothing was done, I reported it again, then another and then several and was BANNED for it plus that sorry made up shit. So fuck that. Why do you have such difficulty with talking straight?

AND, I only complained and reported abuse when my feet were held to the fire while others skated and while YOU and other moderators helped derail and flame. You are one of the worst mods here. You don't like the rules so you enforce what you want how you want, which is part of why my 2nd ban was lifted.

Just be straight. Sheez.
Alright, that's enough. You can bitch and bitch all you want about how the moderators weren't being fair to you, but you know we weren't. For every post that you reported as abuse (and might I just mention, that people telling you that your crackpot conspiracy theories are moronic is not abuse, that's reality), several people reported YOU as flaming, baiting, personal insults, and off-topic posts. So yeah, we quite obviously listen when people report ACTUAL abuse: your ban was proof.
You can't complain that we don't take enough action and then whine to Zero when we actually do JUST because the person we take action against is you.
Your second ban was lifted by someone who wasn't involved and didn't see what a spiteful, mean person you really are.

You're showing your true colors now, mdl, and they aren't pretty.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #68
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
In the thread I believe you're referring to, I made ONE ill-advised post which I regret. Then since the mods got so many complaints about ALL off topic posts in that thread demanding that something be done, with other mods' approval I culled out the off topic stuff.
Yeah, you did that alright. Do you know I got two PMs from people who noticed what an ass you left me looking like because of your choice of edits? I imagine they weren't the only two who picked up on that since it was so blatant.

Quote:
As sa'alyg succinctly said, he prefers a system in which people learn to ignore stupid remarks. Yes, it does sometimes get tedious to weed through...on the other hand, when you don't give people attention, after awhile they tend to figure out 'oh, this isn't the best way to interfere.'
Bullshit. What is tedious is that you keep repeating your preferences and those of people who agree with you instead of realizing what you guys are doing right now is a result of letting people flame indiscriminately.

Quote:
Now, I don't mind either system. If the majority here want more interference, sure. If not, then we need to figure out a better system. Together, and with no flames, just a discussion.
Really? Wouldn't that be just enforcing rules you have no interest in enforcing?

Quote:
I do genuinely like being a mod.
No shit. But really you're another bully who likes to push buttons and pretend you know what you're doing. You don't moderate. You play favorites. And you derail as much as the next person though that seems to be because you don't read before posting. You took that one Obama thread all over the place because you just didn't get the point so you kept trying to change the discussion to suit yourself. It's like you zone in on a few key words and then you take off on a rant that has next to nothing to do with the point.

Quote:
The problem I have is that people have a lack of understanding for being one.
If that were true why are those people who make an effort to follow the rules not more appreciated and better supported instead of allowing them to be run over by deliberate flaming and derailing?

Quote:
All of us get shit on any time we enforce rules, then get cried to and about when we don't. We get bitched at when we give warnings because everyone seems to think they're a saint on here. So just a LITTLE understanding MAY be nice. Some understanding that: the thread I *WITH OTHER MODS APPROVAL* edited that day was REALLY out of hand, and we got complaints from no less than six different people about the thread (it could be more but honestly it's been so long that I'm not sure how many complaints we got. It was a lot, though).
It was REALLY out of hand because no one was moderating though I was banned for bullshit though I followed the forum rules while others did not and were not banned. Gee, how does that work? Let me guess...

I know who was available to moderate at that time so spare me the "WITH OTHER MODS APPROVAL" crap.

Some of you want to say anything you please but when that draws fire you can't deal with it so you just start shouting it down or shutting it down. I'm all for a good free-for-all anytime I'm not expected to eat shit for firing back.

Quote:
I could have closed it, but honestly there was a great debate going on that I and other mods wanted to see how it came out, so I warned everyone, and deleted/edited out the off topic, flaming stuff, including my ill-advised post. I began to try to explain to both parties within the thread, but was attacked by both. So, which is it? Close it and don't allow discussion, or take out the offending posts? Or leave it alone and continue to let it get out of hand?
Which is it, you ask? "It" would be advising those doing the screeching, wailing, derailing, baiting and flaming to fucking knock it off. Not penalize the few who tried to carry on by forum rules.

If a thread is made for an anything goes kind of discussion, then anything goes. If it's a serious topic intended for sincere efforts toward debate or discussion, then that should be equally respected by ALL.

Quote:
Nothing we've tried works. Noninterference gets complaints. Interference gets complaints. Where's the point that we hit a wall, and need to figure out a different way to debate?
Please. Some of the moderation here works because it's objective and makes sense. What doesn't work is penalizing people who play by the rules some of you refuse to enforce because you disagree with them.

Rules are only as good as the people who enforce them and again, that applies to anarchist wannabes who understand very well why rules are important since they can't achieve anything without them.

Old 04-02-2009   #69
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, you did that alright. Do you know I got two PMs from people who noticed what an ass you left me looking like because of your choice of edits? I imagine they weren't the only two who picked up on that since it was so blatant.
You didn't need edits to look like an ass. Look, you're doing it right now! Wait, you've been doing it since you came to the forum! What a shock.

Quote:
Bullshit. What is tedious is that you keep repeating your preferences and those of people who agree with you instead of realizing what you guys are doing right now is a result of letting people flame indiscriminately.
Jenn doesn't have preferences and EVEN if she did, that's why we make group decisions. The rest of the mods can't ALL be out to get you. That's ridiculous. Do you honestly think we sit around in the mod forum and think about ways to get those few choice members we don't like? No. We respond to complaints and the majority we got in your case were AGAINST you.

Quote:
No shit. But really you're another bully who likes to push buttons and pretend you know what you're doing. You don't moderate.
Like you fucking do? You just posted several pictures of hernias in reference to a regular, competent, and relatively straight-shooting member. You seem like a winner.

Quote:
You play favorites. And you derail as much as the next person though that seems to be because you don't read before posting. You took that one Obama thread all over the place because you just didn't get the point so you kept trying to change the discussion to suit yourself. It's like you zone in on a few key words and then you take off on a rant that has next to nothing to do with the point.
Wait, let me try this: Rape. Prescription Drugs. Government Conspiracy. Veterans.

Quote:
If that were true why are those people who make an effort to follow the rules not more appreciated and better supported instead of allowing them to be run over by deliberate flaming and derailing?
Flaming, derailing, circumventing closed threads, questioning mod decisions, baiting, and personal insults are not following the rules, and you were punished for that. This is the purpose of the mods. YOU derailed more than people derailed against you, and since you had multiple people reporting your posts, whereas the others only had you reporting them, they got warnings and you got a ban.

Quote:
It was REALLY out of hand because no one was moderating though I was banned for bullshit though I followed the forum rules while others did not and were not banned. Gee, how does that work? Let me guess...
You didn't follow the forum rules.
Quote:
I know who was available to moderate at that time so spare me the "WITH OTHER MODS APPROVAL" crap.
I was there. Don't bullshit, mdl. Jenn had five mods' approvals and that is enough to act.

Quote:
Some of you want to say anything you please but when that draws fire you can't deal with it so you just start shouting it down or shutting it down. I'm all for a good free-for-all anytime I'm not expected to eat shit for firing back.
But you seem content to respond by posting pictures of feces. Real mature.

Quote:
Which is it, you ask? "It" would be advising those doing the screeching, wailing, derailing, baiting and flaming to fucking knock it off. Not penalize the few who tried to carry on by forum rules.

If a thread is made for an anything goes kind of discussion, then anything goes. If it's a serious topic intended for sincere efforts toward debate or discussion, then that should be equally respected by ALL.

Please. Some of the moderation here works because it's objective and makes sense. What doesn't work is penalizing people who play by the rules some of you refuse to enforce because you disagree with them.

Rules are only as good as the people who enforce them and again, that applies to anarchist wannabes who understand very well why rules are important since they can't achieve anything without them.

We enforced them, you're just whining because we enforced them against you.

Now, kindly, shut the fuck up.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-02-2009   #70
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
Alright, that's enough. You can bitch and bitch all you want about how the moderators weren't being fair to you, but you know we weren't.
Damn straight. None of you have seen all the shit in private that I have received so unless you're reneging on the current moderators' experiment I'll say when enough is enough thank you very much.

Quote:
For every post that you reported as abuse (and might I just mention, that people telling you that your crackpot conspiracy theories are moronic is not abuse, that's reality),
I reported no such thing. Show me one such report of abuse by me and mind you I have kept screenshots of every report of abuse I've made so if someone wants to make one up, go for it. You've obviously got me confused with someone else's commentary. People can think what they want and sometimes what you call reality is debatable as well, so bringing that up in this particular manner and is out of context and discombobulated.

Quote:
several people reported YOU as flaming, baiting, personal insults, and off-topic posts. So yeah, we quite obviously listen when people report ACTUAL abuse: your ban was proof.
Bullshit. That ban was proof no one was moderating not to mention the made up shit about a duplicate account several people including moderators already knew about and that bit about circumventing a closed thread? Why are you even bothering to use either ban as proof of anything?

As I said to J & T, when people fire on me they should expect it back and we should all be treated equally for it. That did not happen.

Quote:
You can't complain that we don't take enough action and then whine to Zero when we actually do JUST because the person we take action against is you.
You think I complained to Zero? That's funny. Ask him. I said nothing to no one. I really don't know where you're coming from with all this nonsense.

And the complaints of abuse were for people actually abusing the forum rules which are not supposed to be subject personal opinion among moderators. The rules are clear. So if I was going to be banned for firing BACK then those who instigated it should have been banned the same.

Quote:
Your second ban was lifted by someone who wasn't involved and didn't see what a spiteful, mean person you really are.
Really? I am spiteful and mean for taking a stand and being direct? I think not.

Quote:
You're showing your true colors now, mdl, and they aren't pretty.
Should I mind what anyone thinks when it's obvious at this point how off kilter in your judgment some of you are and that some of you have no clue how to enforce rules as they were intended. This is apparent to a number of people, not just myself. Again, I think not and I don't believe most of you do.

I never had an issue with you and I have no idea why you're joining in when so much of what you said here lacks truth.

Old 04-02-2009   #71
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

And no, I won't shut the fuck up. Unless of course y'all need to change the experiment on my account and ban me for bullshit again :.)

Old 04-02-2009   #72
foxyphoenix

Quote:
Damn straight. None of you have seen all the shit in private that I have received so unless you're reneging on the current moderators' experiment I'll say when enough is enough thank you very much.
And YOU haven't seen the shit in private that we have received, so unless you think that you're the only one who has any sort of opinion worth waving around, I'll ask that you quit attacking moderators.

Quote:
I reported no such thing. Show me one such report of abuse by me and mind you I have kept screenshots of every report of abuse I've made so if someone wants to make one up, go for it. You've obviously got me confused with someone else's commentary. People can think what they want and sometimes what you call reality is debatable as well, so bringing that up in this particular manner and is out of context and discombobulated.
You asked for a thread to be closed because EC disagreed with you and made points that proved his case against yours. You then proceeded to make the exact same thread, worded slightly differently, and complained that the new thread suffered the same fate. There's an example.

Quote:
Bullshit. That ban was proof no one was moderating not to mention the made up shit about a duplicate account several people including moderators already knew about and that bit about circumventing a closed thread? Why are you even bothering to use either ban as proof of anything?
Because I banned you, I know I was moderating. I judged that your behavior was worth a ban, and the other mods agreed with me. It wasn't the duplicate account, it was your behavior on the forum.

Quote:
As I said to J & T, when people fire on me they should expect it back and we should all be treated equally for it. That did not happen.
People were punished in correlation to the number of reports they had received. You received more. Based on that correlation, you received a harsher punishment. It was equal.

Quote:
You think I complained to Zero? That's funny. Ask him. I said nothing to no one. I really don't know where you're coming from with all this nonsense.
Perhaps it wasn't you, but you're complaining now and saying that we never take appropriate action. We did. It was against you. Deal with it.

Quote:
And the complaints of abuse were for people actually abusing the forum rules which are not supposed to be subject personal opinion among moderators. The rules are clear. So if I was going to be banned for firing BACK then those who instigated it should have been banned the same.
They were warned as I said. But because you received so many complaints, your punishment was harsher.

Quote:
Really? I am spiteful and mean for taking a stand and being direct? I think not.
I don't think your posts in Dana's engagement thread can be called anything but "mean".

Quote:
Should I mind what anyone thinks when it's obvious at this point how off kilter in your judgment some of you are and that some of you have no clue how to enforce rules as they were intended. This is apparent to a number of people, not just myself. Again, I think not and I don't believe most of you do.
You know how the rules were intended? Really. Enlighten me, oh wise one. Methinks it's more that you like the rules when they work for you and dislike them when you break them and are punished.
I hope these other people come forward and let us know. I'd really like to learn how to improve my modding.

Quote:
I never had an issue with you and I have no idea why you're joining in when so much of what you said here lacks truth.
I'm joining in because I've never had issue with you and then you called me an asswipe. The mods here are not out to get you; they're not spiteful or biased or trying to play favorites, yet you are attacking them. You are attacking my friends and your behavior is incredibly disappointing. I am joining in because I can't stand by and let you treat Jenn like this.

Quote:
And no, I won't shut the fuck up. Unless of course y'all need to change the experiment on my account and ban me for bullshit again :.)
Well then we'll just keep this tango going, shall we. We're not changing the experiment for you or anyone else, and you were banned for legitimate reasons. If you are banned again it will be for legitimate reasons, and it will not be during the month of April. Post as you wish now, but do remember that negative impressions are difficult to undo.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-02-2009   #73
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Oh fun. Speaking the truth is attacking? That's rich.

And y'all were wrong and fucked up. Deal with it. Then I'll shut the fuck up :.)

The posts in Dana's thread were induced by Dana and her own actions. So she can deal with that.

If you're including yourself with people who moderate poorly, that's your doing not mine. Neither have I called you an asswipe and if that's your only reason for retaliating so poorly and inaccurately here there's not much I can say except suit yourself.

Old 04-02-2009   #74
foxyphoenix

Quote:
Oh fun. Speaking the truth is attacking? That's rich.

And y'all were wrong and fucked up. Deal with it. Then I'll shut the fuck up :.)

The posts in Dana's thread were induced by Dana and her own actions. So she can deal with that.

If you're including yourself with people who moderate poorly, that's your doing not mine. Neither have I called you an asswipe and if that's your only reason for retaliating so poorly and inaccurately here there's not much I can say except suit yourself.

You said that Jenn was out to get you. That is not a truth. Therefore, you were attacking and not speaking the truth.

I was not wrong, nor am I fucked up. I don't know where you are basing those accusations.

"She started it" is not a valid argument ANYWHERE. No matter what Dana may have (or not have) done, your posts were mean.

I am including myself in the mods, for better or for worse. You called the mods who banned you asswipes, and since I did the banning, I guess you meant me.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-02-2009   #75
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

What the fuck? I did not say Jenn was 'out to get me'. Where is this tripe coming from?

And I don't care if Dana is 'mean' to me or anyone else as long we all get the same shake.

Old 04-02-2009   #76
foxyphoenix

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady Regarding Jenn and Tonic View Post
... You took that one Obama thread all over the place because you just didn't get the point so you kept trying to change the discussion to suit yourself.
...I know who was available to moderate at that time so spare me the "WITH OTHER MODS APPROVAL" crap.
I would say that's saying Jenn was out to get you.

I didn't say that Dana wasn't mean. I said that your posts were mean.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-02-2009   #77
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, dear, dear, dear. Oh dear.

My dear children...

What a mess!

If there's one thing this old man knows, it's that if you wish to live in a "peaceable kingdom" the first thing you need is "peace"!!

Gather 'round, children; let this elderly man divulge a tale more ancient than the world itself:

Before the first man existed--before space and the trees were--there oozed forth what this old man calls "blobs." Yes, yes...And, at once, they were all what this old man would call "blue."

From the deepest corner of existence, then, came a different beast: a "red blob"!

What do you think happened when that poor little red blob attempted to integrate itself among the other blue blobs, dear children?

That's right.

Now, dear ones, if you would please indulge this poor, tired soul: May we have, upon this reckless, windy night, a bit more peace than would be expected among the present "blobs"?

Keep it simple! Life is ever, ever so short, my dears.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 04-02-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: emPHAsis / can't spell
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #78
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Rachael is just crazy. Insane. Crazy.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #79
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
I would say that's saying Jenn was out to get you.

I didn't say that Dana wasn't mean. I said that your posts were mean.
I forgot to mention the thread that I asked be closed which above was explained away saying I asked because Jason was supporting himself against me. Find it and let's talk because that's a crock of cold shit too. I have PMs to J & T asking to close it and I did that because of what was going on in another thread and it looked like the thread in question was going to cause another problem, because....?

because Jason was being allowed to flame and bait and be an ass. That's why. So again, find it and then let's talk about that if you're so inclined.

Putting your own spin on things is not a good way to communicate about any of this. I can keep reiterating what I really did say, but facts are losing ground and import so there doesn't seem to be any point in doing so.

As far as Dana goes, does she get a special pass for being an ass or does she really just have most of the moderators in her pocket likes she brags about? There is no reason I can think of why anyone should not be as direct as the person addressing them. And mean? Please. She's been 'mean' to me publicly and privately far, FAR more than I've responded to in kind.

I keep getting this age thing thrown at me as well, as if getting older is equivalent to taking more abuse; older adults should just ignore it and keep walking.That's not how it works and some of you will realize that sooner than others.

Moderators aren't right or acting appropriately because they can push buttons and ban or shut down discussions.

Ignoring abuse just makes room for more and THAT is one of the things y'all are finding out with your experiment.

Old 04-02-2009   #80
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I'm not allowed to flame or bait or be an ass. I'm a flaming assbaiter.

Also, Dana doesn't have mods in her pocket. She asks me to ban people all the time and I say no.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote