Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 03-31-2009   #1
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute
Experiment

Due to recent events, we, the active mods, have decided to try out a little experiment to see what happens.

As of tomorrow, and for the entire month of April, we are on what you might call a 'strike'.

Up to and including the 30th of April, there will be no more:

banning anyone for any offence;
deleting or editing of posts;
refereeing of, or intervention in, debates/disputes/arguments/fights;
warning any members for anything;
or any other action that comes within the remit of a moderator.

Most of us that are active will still be on every day; we just won't engage in moderator activities. We feel that this could either demonstrate to skeptics and those who complain about our actions that we do actually do a good thing for this forum; or it may show us all that the forum doesn't need as much babying as is sometimes called for (not least by members of the forum).

This is an experiment that could go two ways: horribly wrong, or just fine.

We may be open to undoing the strike if enough people around the forum feel we should begin stepping in again, but don't rely on it.

Have fun this month!

-The Mods.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #2
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
well...

Since we can't get banned for starting threads questioning mod decisions (as of tomorrow)...wtf do you guys think? I don't think it's April Fool's.

Several terrible scenarios with wicked remarks will probably ensue OR prove that we don't need people constantly supervising us and won't act that way. I think probably some of the 1st.

Either way it's interesting.
hai Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #3
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: well...

POOPY WEE WEE AND CHIPS
TEEHEEHEE
PLZ DUN BAN ME
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #4
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Experiment

Threads merged. Let's try and keep it all in one place guys.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #5
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

What are you talking about? This thread was originally closed.
Old 03-31-2009   #6
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

It was originally closed; then we decided to open it up 'cause we figured you'd talk about it after tomorrow anyway, may as well keep it open. The second sentence of the post was asking other people to post their responses here rather than create threads...

though, again, after tomorrow it won't matter for one month.

And no it's not an April Fools. Call it a tax holiday!
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #7
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

^^those are the things i thought, which is why i wondered why she was already telling us what to do. lol. have fun on vacation. :P
Old 03-31-2009   #8
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about breaking all the rules I haven't gotten to break since being a mod...

but then I realized I never broke rules as a regular forum member either. Tres lame.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-31-2009   #9
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

lol. darn
Old 03-31-2009   #10
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

I like shovels and spades, sometimes I will go in a chocolate factory and buy coupons for many trees and alligator spaceships. I want to go to the crocodile convention it has ipods aplenty, also there will be morbidly obese mongoose owners like at the olympics and the milk bars.
Old 03-31-2009   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

^^U R OFFTOPIC
Old 03-31-2009   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

good. no mods. i never needed any of them, and then when I did, they werent' even there, so, screw you guys im going home.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #13
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

I wonder how much this will be taken seriously. I can very easily see a mod, if angered enough, will ban someone anyways, regardless of the rules. What rules are in place to moderate the moderators?
Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento View Post
What rules are in place to moderate the moderators?
there are none. ask the fat fuck EC and the rest of his groupies..

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #15
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento View Post
I wonder how much this will be taken seriously. I can very easily see a mod, if angered enough, will ban someone anyways, regardless of the rules.
Not this month! Or rather, next month, seeing as how tomorrow's the first day of the month.

Quote:
What rules are in place to moderate the moderators?
There are rules, that's all I'll say.
Old 03-31-2009   #16
David-
Double Plus Good

I like chocolate and star shaped pizzas.
Old 03-31-2009   #17
David-
Double Plus Good

This is my 982nd post, just thought I'd mention that.
Old 03-31-2009   #18
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

This is win. April 2009, NEVAR FORGET.
Old 03-31-2009   #19
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Sounds to me like you have made this topic to create an incendiary reaction that will prove you need to be here. The very fact that you made this experiment public knowledge renders it obsolete in the eyes of any social experiment and serves once again to prove that nothing can be learnt from anything that is proven.

The heisenberg uncertainty principle states that outcomes will change if you study them. They will certainly change through any demographic if you tell them you are studying.

Or just April Fools.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #20
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Quote:
Originally Said by pitcairnpete View Post
Sounds to me like you have made this topic to create an incendiary reaction that will prove you need to be here. The very fact that you made this experiment public knowledge renders it obsolete in the eyes of any social experiment and serves once again to prove that nothing can be learnt from anything that is proven.
Great point. I have to fight every urge within myself to make 50 threads concerning Madre's unhealthy obsession with Obama's liberal genitalia.
Demento is offline   Reply With Quote