Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 12-26-2008   #21
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Christmas Spirit

I thought it would derail, but I suppose "it's all good" in that this is all part of the season, good, bad or indifferent :.) Here it is then. I hadn't gotten around to posting it in a more appropriate thread.

I once served a party of 12, who dropped by every Wednesday evening after a Bible Study group. They stayed about two hours. Just before they left I was told how well I'd done, and they'd all say a prayer for me. Unfortunately, banks don't cash prayers and when they asked for me the next Wednesday, I declined reminding them of exactly that. The person who waited on them was begrudgingly tipped a dollar per person and they started going somewhere else after that. The Management was not particularly concerned because they mostly drank coffee and water and took up three tables for 2 hours during prime serving hours.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote