Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 04-06-2010   #41
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

glubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to all
Re: AS' 1st Balloon Debate

I want to say Mario but that would be dumb.
enie meenie MINEE moe!
I choose Pikachu!
Old 04-06-2010   #42
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

albus dumbledore, fo sho.
ps: i have part of a 30 page paper due next week... so if i fall off the face of the earth until next week, that's why.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #43
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

glubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to all

dumbledore will be no match for my pikachu powers!
Old 04-06-2010   #44
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

oh, i dunno, protego verses thunderbolt? pretty sure the world's greatest wizard would have no problem against a pikachu, no matter what level. XD

Old 04-06-2010   #45
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

you forgot my cuteness.
Old 04-07-2010   #46
argentmoon
harajuku girl

well, there is that. :/

Old 04-08-2010   #47
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Jenn, have you chosen a character?

And, Jasmine, were you thinking of moderating, or also debating?

Just out of curiositeh.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #48
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

hm what would moderating entail? i'd rather not debate. i lack the creativity some of yous guys gots.
Old 04-08-2010   #49
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Princess Jasmine View Post
hm what would moderating entail? i'd rather not debate. i lack the creativity some of yous guys gots.
Hmmm, well, I suppose it could entail sort of what Kali did in the first debate: Setting the "constraints" for each round; the number of words, the "goals." It could even be exactly the same arrangement as the first game (though it's hard to say exactly where Kali would have gone with it--since we never finished--but that's okay; we can improvise). 'Twould not have to be anything too fancy, necessarily. Just stating what we have to do for each round; stating who is eliminated, etc..

What do you think?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 04-08-2010   #50
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

i accept!
Old 04-08-2010   #51
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
i accept!
Haha, awesome. :D

'Twill be fun!!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 04-08-2010   #52
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

ok, by the end of tomorrow I want everyone who's participating to have decided his or her character and post it here.

I'll shoot for no later than saturday to create the thread and begin the game!

So far our competitors include:
argentmoon
Zanahoria_Picante
glubgluby
Jenn and tonic

It would be nice to have more players.
Old 04-08-2010   #53
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Sadly I'm going to have to drop out of this one...if we have to have characters decided upon by Saturday I'm not going to have time, I have a huge paper to write. :\
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #54
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

ah ok. i thought that might be a bit soon, and i was gonna see if any of you chimed in, to ee if that was too soon anyhow.

but even if we began then, i wouldn't end the 1st round until everyone had participated who wanted to.
so...when would you be able?
Old 04-08-2010   #55
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

this is going to be fun, btw, what will the word limit be?
Old 04-08-2010   #56
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
ah ok. i thought that might be a bit soon, and i was gonna see if any of you chimed in, to ee if that was too soon anyhow.

but even if we began then, i wouldn't end the 1st round until everyone had participated who wanted to.
so...when would you be able?
The beginning of next week. This weekend is going to be spent on a marathon writing session, so I should have enough time next week.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #57
argentmoon
harajuku girl

hey, i had/have a marathon writing session, too! i have 8 pages, and still have probably 5 more to add. oh, school. :P this weekend's bad for me too, i'm volunteering at a medical camp in kentucky. i've never had to work with more than one kid with autism at a time, so this shall be a very educational experience.

Old 04-08-2010   #58
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

argentmoon, that sounds like it's going to be interesting. what are you going to be doing with the medical thing?

glub, i figure i'll stick to the same rules as before. 1st par. is 200 words and no more. but i'll post all that crap when i create the thread for it.

so ok then, we'll start next week. i kind of second-guessed myself about doing it over the weekend anyway.
Old 04-08-2010   #59
argentmoon
harajuku girl

it's a camp for kids with medical needs, and they have themed weekends during the school year, and themed weeks during the summer - sickle cell anemia, cancer, autism, cerebral palsy, etc. they also function as a hospital - so if a child is undergoing chemotherapy during their stay, he or she can still receive treatment and stay on camp. it gives them a chance to forget that they're sick, and also meet people their own age that are going through the same experiences as them. i'm volunteering as a den counselor, for credit in my pediatric class. i'm assigned to a family and act as extra supervision/distraction/motivator, aaaaand get to participate in the activities. i do hope the family i'm assigned to picks horseback riding. i've not been in years.

Old 04-09-2010   #60
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

ty god its not this saturday, I just found out i have to go to a party :P so next week works out fine