Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 12-27-2008   #41
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87
Re: HAPPY CHRISTMAS! Post what you got!

^Any show that springs forth from Bevis and Butthead shouldn't be allowed airplay.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #42
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^sir, hold your tongue. Daria and king of the hill allowed for many laughs. Even Beavis and Butthead are still classics. Especially the game for sega when they were searching for GWAR tickets, brilliant
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #43
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
^sir, hold your tongue. Daria and king of the hill allowed for many laughs. Even Beavis and Butthead are still classics. Especially the game for sega when they were searching for GWAR tickets, brilliant
I love all three shows, and for different reasons. Beavis and Butthead...more for nostalgia's sake. When I was a kid I watched it because my parents said I couldn't, so it holds a special place in my heart. King of the Hill because it reminds me of some of the members of my family...and Daria because when I was 13-16, I thought I WAS Daria (I wasn't, but you know how teenage years are).

They might not be beacons of higher thought and learning, but they're not bad shows.

Oh, and back on topic: I saw one of my best friends last night, she's been in Bangladesh for a year. She brought me a skirt, purse, coin purse, jewelry box, shawl, and fan that were all homemade in Bangladesh. They're amazing.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #44
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

I've had such an overload of presents in the past week because of my birthday and several Christmases that it's hard to remember everything.

My mother bought me some lovely jewelry and skirts downtown, and a gorgeous jade necklace from a local Chinese shop. I get to be all pretty now!!

For Christmas I received this amazing camera lens for my ol' canon rebel ti. I specifically told my family to not get me anything this year, so I was shocked that they had spent -that- much money on me, especially when I'd told them just to donate to a couple charities I'd mentioned. I always hate when they do because it makes me feel so greedy. However, we have to return it because they mistakenly sold us the one for digital cameras and mine is an old-school film camera (*gasp!*). Well, it was ridiculously cool to look at least!! Maybe someday.

Oh, and I got a stuffed penguin. Yes, I'm definitely 20 years-old. haha. Damn, it's cute, though!
Old 01-01-2009   #45
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Ok, Its time someone sorted this out...

Shut up shorty you silly Aussie twat.

Oh, and king of the hill, well, of course he would not find it funny, after all he is a silly northern moaney twat.

err

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #46
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't laugh at loud funny, but I did enjoy watching it.
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #47
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

just say to him "leave me be, please".

KOTH kinda sucks. it's coming to adult swim. you didn't have to buy it.
Old 01-01-2009   #48
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jazzy J View Post
KOTH kinda sucks. it's coming to adult swim. you didn't have to buy it.
The idea of me getting it for Christmas would probably negate any purchasing of the item full stop, please do pay attention, it would save the time of all taking part in the discussion...

heh..

Old 01-01-2009   #49
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

well then, THEY didn't have to buy it. Smartass. I was just saying you won't even need to watch the dvds now. =./
Old 01-01-2009   #50
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

Yes, its much easier to watch something thats on a channel my country does not even get than to just pop it in to the dvd drive and watch it whenever I want.

I feel a bit stupid now... The old saying goes Jazzy, when there is nothing to say, say nothing. Never mind about that, I guess if that was adhered to, the tinerwebs would be fucked.

Old 01-01-2009   #51
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

gtfo my internets.
Old 01-01-2009   #52
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

You win again, you verbose mothafucka

Old 01-04-2009   #53
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

New gifts from Florida: a lovely black pearl and silver ring and a print of this amazing artist's abstract take on three great blue herons (it's basically how I feel about Naples in a painting).
Also, seeing my grandparents and aunt and, you know, being in Florida.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote