Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 02-09-2008   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Almost Smart IRC Channel

The Almost Smart IRC Channel on EFnet is OPEN!

The eggdrop bot is up and running!

Come visit us there for realtime chat.

If you don't have IRC, download it from www.mirc.com.

Once installed and loaded, you can search through the list of EFnet servers and connect to one.

Or simply type /server irc.efnet.org
Followed by /join #almostsmartism
Then /msg ASbot hello
And follow its prompts.

I'll be updating this thread with information pertaining to the bot, such as commands.

Right now it only has rudimentary features. I'm in the process of configuring trivia and other games.

Current commands/games - Description:
!hunt - Go hunting.
!cast - Go fishing.
!trophy - See the records set by other users.
!seen (IRC nickname) - recalls last seen time for user
?blackjack (?join to join an active game) (not tested yet) - plays Blackjack
!country (country code) - looks up country code
!coffee help - tells you what types of !coffee you can order

The bot will also *temporarily* say something random when it is address like "ASbot, what's up?" etc. You have to put "ASbot" at the beginning of the line. It also *temporarily* responds to certain words (like "shit" and "redneck"). I say this is all temporary because I'm trying to get an actual AI for the bot up and running. It will learn. It will become Skynet.

Any questions, ask me!

-=-=-=-

I'm currently hosting the bot on my own PC until I get a shell for it. So it can still go down. But for the most part I'm always connected anyway.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by Emperor Chaos; 02-09-2008 at 05:11 PM.
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #2
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: Almost Smart IRC Channel

Trivia is UP AND RUNNING!

Type !ask to start

Then simply answer questions.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 02-09-2008   #3
Drogdar
The one and only.

Drogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond repute

I cant get into any "chat room" or whatever... heres what I got

Quote:
Originally Said by foxy View Post
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Originally Said by YouKnowWhoYouAre
Ah well, she knows she's a bitch.
Drogdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I had that problem too. Just follow EC's directions:

Quote:
Or simply type /server irc.efnet.org
Followed by /join #almostsmartism
Then it worked for me.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #5
Drogdar
The one and only.

Drogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond repute

I did that... but I guess I did it wrong...

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-09-2008   #6
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Hmmm...try uninstalling IRC and installing it again.

That's what I did after it wouldn't work, then I reinstalled it and followed EC's directions.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #7
Drogdar
The one and only.

I tried that... I dont think Im typing something right...

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #8
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Eh, why bother. I would get kicked for saying something profane, or otherwise bannable here.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #9
EmperorChaos

My bot doesn't kick for saying profane things.
It only kicks for flooding, cloning, etc.

Drogdar, screw irc.efnet.org then.

Join the server I always go to.
/server irc.prison.net

-=-=-=-

On a related note, I like how everyone just comes in, says a few words, and disappears.

And the quiz was disabled when you all came in.
-=-=-=-
Old 02-10-2008   #10
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

we need to set up schedules and shit
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #11
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

noone is ever on when i am lol

i feel so left out

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #12
EmperorChaos

Have you all introduced yourselves to the bot?

I can't alter any of your handles/nicknames.

You should /msg ASbot hello
And if that doesn't do anything, we might have a problem.
There will be a lot of problems with the bot. I'm working them out on an as-found basis.
-=-=-=-
Old 02-10-2008   #13
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Did /msg ASbot hello but nothing happened.
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #14
Drogdar
The one and only.

me too... tho im not sure I was even in the right... channel or whatever. Isn't there anything out there that is easier to use?

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #15
Drogdar
The one and only.

I dont think this is the right channel....

Damn I hate this program....

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #16
Drogdar
The one and only.

i found the right one... but your bot no work....

I type /msg asbot hello and nothing happens...

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #17
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

the bots broken.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #18
Drogdar
The one and only.

it was working... sorta...

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #19
Drogdar
The one and only.

how do you make the game stop?

Quote:
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008   #20
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Drogdar View Post
Isn't there anything out there that is easier to use?
Chatzilla is pretty easy to use. You can add it as a Firefox extension.
Quote:
Originally Said by Drogdar View Post
how do you make the game stop?
Don't answer any more of the questions for a while (I assume you meant trivia).

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote