Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 11-23-2005   #1
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87
What to Do During Insomnia?

Okay, so what does everyone do when they can't sleep?

I just sit on the computer(obviously) or in front of the TV, eat cheez-its, and wait until I can't balance my head on my shoulders anymore

so... why again am I not fat yet?.. *calculates*hmm.. eats cheez-its late at night.. hmm.... lethargy... hm.. nope, doesn't compute. god.. i need rest.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #2
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
Re: What to Do During Insomnia?

you could worship the ground i walk on like a good little underling
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #3
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I read or watch television, or sometimes I'll put on some music to help me sleep.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

is it really that hard to go to sleep?

lucky me, i can lay there, and soon i'll fall asleep.

smoke a bowl man.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #5
pinnky
Trainee Member

pinnky has made a few great posts
Send a message via MSN to pinnky Send a message via Yahoo to pinnky

bet plan ever is get your ass on the computer and nock out some assigments for uni or collage

or even writte some point less computer programs.. always worked for me..
unless you say miss say 12 hrs like i just did
Old 11-23-2005   #6
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87
Okay, so what does everyone do when they can't sleep?
OOOOoooooooooooooo this is fun I make inane threads and then go for a world record of not sleeping.....now where did I put that thread?

*goes off digging for a thread*

BINGO!

How dumb can you get? well this dumb to be precise..

Old 11-23-2005   #7
Bubble Girl
the little kaDy that could

Bubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Reading that thread made me feel sleepy...
Old 11-23-2005   #8
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute

ahahaha.. psychosis.. that's fucking crazy, over five days with no sleep??? you're fucking insane man. i'm unworthy of your not-sleeping-ness.. my record is only about 48 hours.

the guinness world record was 11 days:

“. . . 17-year-old San Diego student named Randy Gardner had in mind
when, in 1964, he stayed awake for 264 hours (11 days), a record that
won him a place in The Guinness Book of Records. After staving off
sleep for a few days with cold showers and loud music, he could no
longer focus his eyes and had to give up TV. His speech slurred, and
he fell into a silent stupor. Sleep experts now believe that long
sleepless stints like Randy's can be dangerous. An experiment
conducted at the University of Chicago in 1983 showed that rats died
when kept from sleeping for two and a half weeks.”

yeah.. so not trying that.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama

Last edited by Sythros87; 11-23-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2005   #9
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

I just wake up my wife.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)

Last edited by ablethevoice; 07-29-2007 at 09:31 PM.
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #10
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87
ahahaha.. psychosis.. that's fucking crazy, over five days with no sleep??? you're fucking insane man. i'm unworthy of your not-sleeping-ness.. my record is only about 48 hours.

the guinness world record was 11 days:

“. . . 17-year-old San Diego student named Randy Gardner had in mind
when, in 1964, he stayed awake for 264 hours (11 days), a record that
won him a place in The Guinness Book of Records. After staving off
sleep for a few days with cold showers and loud music, he could no
longer focus his eyes and had to give up TV. His speech slurred, and
he fell into a silent stupor. Sleep experts now believe that long
sleepless stints like Randy's can be dangerous. An experiment
conducted at the University of Chicago in 1983 showed that rats died
when kept from sleeping for two and a half weeks.”

yeah.. so not trying that.
11 days?!?! PSH!! thats for kids....im gonna go for 2 and half years!! hahaha nah...5 days fucked me up badly lol I almost started seeing shit haha
Old 11-23-2005   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

it is not good to never sleep.

it very good to sleep.
sleep is awesome.
take control of your dreams and you'll want to sleep forever.

I say there should be a day where the government demands that everyone stay indoors and go to sleep for the entire fucking day.
hell, i think if they made the people do that at least once a week, we'd have less irriatating people on our hands.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #12
Mr Stabby

yea but matt, we'd then enjoy that one day so much it would then turn into two days, then three....then before you know it we sleep all week long...then the world ends
Old 11-24-2005   #13
Sytrohs87
goliath

Quote:
Originally Said by ablethevoice
I just wake up my wife.
you old people.. *psh*

-The Mars Volta

-Siddhartha Gautama
Old 11-25-2005   #14
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I just lay in bed worrying about my gf....no wait, that was an emo thing to say.

Revision: I get up and get on AS.
Old 11-25-2005   #15
Sytrohs87
goliath

^well, it wouldn't be emo if you just think about your girlfriend and not worry about her. and dude, you're way too hung up on this "I'm an emo kid, but really not," thing. I don't think people really care whether you're emo or not, at least as long as you're contributing intelligent conversation and not whining about how much your life is like a black abyss.

-The Mars Volta

-Siddhartha Gautama