Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 12-03-2003   #1
StaticBUrnOut89
Trainee Member

StaticBUrnOut89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to StaticBUrnOut89
Where is the love?

What's wrong with society today? Where is the frigin love? What's the point anymore of going on with life and going through this shit. Somehow, this is all just fucked up. I see people all around doing drugs, killing people, and being ignorant to it all. I just can't understand why people do these stupid things in life. Some kid today in school, freshman was selling newports to some other kid. I mean a freshman bein a lil drug dealer, that's fucked up. Than this other guy in my study hall said, "Yea, im brakin up with that hoe today. Ima be like sorry bitch for takin ur virginity but bye." Really, are fuckin generation for somereason has a shitload of issues to be doin crap like this.

Plus, you know the American dream is to make something of yourself. If you look at the "ghetto people" you can see some of them are tryin, and some of them just throw life away, act stupid, and just really don't give a fuck. It's messed up when you are litterally throwing your life away for no damn reason!? Everyone is capable of achieving something for themselves. But they just don't care! Ahh, it pisses me off when people do stupid crap like that, they don't even care, no love. That's the problem, no love, and no caring in society. We all forgot a big picture out there, and now it's just society crumpling up and killing itself....
Old 12-03-2003   #2
StaticBUrnOut89
Trainee Member

Re: Where is the love?

I'm sorry, ghetto people isn't a good term. You see it in all kinds of people. If your in highschool and even middle school you can see it. It's just people tryin to get by...
Old 12-04-2003   #3
StaticBUrnOut89
Trainee Member

We'll yea, i always knew there was a good side to life and all. But in so many weighs the bad outweighs the good in society in today's terms. It's great you and your mom do programs like that, but I'm saying those programs are either few or don't involve enough people. When I said the before I meant that we should try to specifically look at these people and develop or do something for them.
Old 12-04-2003   #4
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

I'm kinda on the fence on this one... while I think there's FAR too much negative stuff going on in the world, there are a lot of people like 4degrees (mate, we need more like you and yours) doing good for our race... to be honest, I think humans are at the stage where we need to see past our petty differences and start living and co-exisiting with each other, rather than pilliaging, raping and killing each other.

-Mike
Old 12-07-2003   #5
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god

Quote:
Originally Said by StaticBUrnOut89
the American dream is to make something of yourself.
not exactly. it's to make yourself wealthy off the backs of others with as little work as possible
neomp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003   #6
StaticBUrnOut89
Trainee Member

Yea 4 degrees i think ur right here. It's up to the individual to decide what he wants to do in his or her own life. If that's how they wanna go about it, than the best you can do is give them ur blessing and just let them go.