Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 11-29-2008   #101
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian
Re: Christian's photography and stuff

Aww, thank you

Just a few more I took on Wednesday, the 26th November:

morning1_med.JPGmorning2_med.JPG
Morning over Berlin as I needed to travel about one hour through half Berlin to..

hat_med.JPG
..be bored in the classes..

night_med.JPGnight2_med.JPG
and night in the center of Berlin. The first one is out of our 'equipment vehicle' and the second one is at the place we positionated that christmas-tree with the THW a few days ago. We needed to go there again because the tree got into some imbalance that we wanted to fix.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #102
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

On being bored in classes, I always have paper so I make gum wrapper chains. Here's a picture though I only make short ones that end up in the trash.

And here are instructions for anyone interested in the mundane :.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gumwrapper chain.jpg (112.0 KB, 9 views)

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #103
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Wednesday the 3rd of December: I went on another little hike after I finished my classes at around 11 o'clock. This time I visited the former airport 'Tempelhof'.

That airport was the oldest airport in the world and got closed down one month ago. The airportbuilding is also the second biggest in the world (from the inner, first one is the Pentagon).. , noone realy knows how big it realy is because a few places are still undiscovered and everything lower then the -5th or -7th floor is flooded.

But first i needed to go to my clases.. and my earwig of the day had been this (begining from 2:20).

1 morning1_med.JPG1 morning2_med.JPG1 morning3_med.JPG1 morning4_med.JPG1 morning5_med.JPG
Morning over berlin *yawn*

It started to snow after my classes and got heavier during my hike, what gave me hard time to take photos; needed to clean my lense afetr every photo what wasn't easy. It also was cold (around 33/32°F) and got windy with the time what nearly frozen me to death while hiking 3 hours.

2 snow1_med.JPG2 airport1_med.JPG
starting snow while waiting for my 'S-Bahn' and the airport ot of it.

2 lights1_med.JPG2 lights2_med.JPG
Those are landing lights, directly located at the station that is close to the airport.

2 Tempelhofmap.JPG
The map with the way I hiked along. You also can see the large building complex (its not the white part, that's the 'apron')

3_tower1_med.JPG3 fence_med.JPG3 runway1_med.JPG
Radartower from far away, the onliest fence protecting the whole area and the old runway.

To bad there was a little hill behind the fence so I wasn't able to get a very good view over the field..

The whole building complex is realy huge so i'm not able to show the whole complex as long as I can't fly*. Here just a few impressions:

3 gate_med.JPG3 building1_med.JPG
One of the Gates and the first few feet of the building. The whole facade of it was structured like that.

(* I tryed to grow myselfe a pair of wings but I failed ^_^)

4 building2_med.JPG
Another part of the building..

4 main1_med.JPG4 main2_med.JPG
and the main entrance into the airport at the center. The middle of it is the axis of symmetry for the whole complex, so everything is the same from this point (except a few things that got added later).

It started to snow heavy so I got wet with the time and needed to clean my cam very often..

The whole complex is closed since a month and you can't enter anymore unless you are calling an buying a guided tour though it (The whole complex is protected as a historic monument).

Well, I met someone who had a meeting in there and I asked the security guy who opened the door for her if I can make a few quick phots from the mainhall with making a sad and innocent look. He let me in, telling me to hurry and so I did before another security guy reached me ^_^

4 hall1_med.JPG4 hall2_med.JPG
Meh.. My lens was still wet and dirty after cleaning it so often..

Side note: The scene in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' where he and his father tryed to escape from Berlin with a Zeppelin played at 'Tempelhof' too.

There is also a monument infront of the main entrance it, to honor the pilotes that risked (and lost) there lifes during the Berlin airlift:

5 monument2_med.JPG5 monument1_med.JPG
It shall illustrate a bridge; in the citys where the planes that kept western Berlin alive started from got that monument too. The Monuments are facing each other, so a giant imaginary bridge gets build up with them.

5 gras_med.JPG
It got wet realy wet with the time..

5 rose1_med.JPG5 rose2_med.JPG
Yellow rose in the snow.. (I wonder how a blue one would have looked like ^_^)

6 eagle_med.JPG
Imperial eagle at vertices of the complex.

6 radar1_med.JPG6 radar2_med.JPG
Radar tower at the eastern end of the airport building.

To give you a better view, here a small map out of Wikipedia.

I spoted a strange cemetery as I took the last photo of the radar tower:

6 cemetery_med.JPG
Those are backsides of old mausolea, may I visit that cemetery sometimes under better conditions.

I followed that wall in the hope to find an entrace but 'only' found a church, build in 1894, the Johannes Basilica. I walked around it and took a few photos, heavy snow made it nearly impossible to get them focused:

7 church1_med.JPG7 church2_med.JPG7 church3_med.JPG7 church4_med.JPG7 church5_med.JPG

8 chruch7_med.JPG8 church6_med.JPG
I got totaly wet, water dripped from my head steadily and the wind started to freeze me to death, so I went back, the whole way.. alone.. freezing.. *brrrrrr*

I made a little break in a Burgerking to warm myselfe up and in hope I might dry a little bit.. you can't imagine how funney people can look to someone coming in a restaurant, driping from everywhere.. especially if they all are dry and never got tocuhed by a single snowflake. I went to the counter counter, demanding a cheeseburger and a fan.. they just smirked .. *sighs* ^_^

I left the restaurant 10 minutes later and went back to the fence to take another photo of the runway:

8 runway2_med.JPG
..but at the moment I tried to take that photo, three security guys came with a car on the road between runway and fence, breaking with blocking roads and steering to me, thinking i'm doing something strange, looking mad.. They driven away as they had seen that I was just taking a photo, but stoped after a few feet to keep watching me. Well, I wasn't in the mood for arguments and there are to many (important) police stations located inside the airport building so didn't tryed to get another, beter focused photo.

8 snow2_med.JPG
I went back to the station I came from and took a last photos of the landing lights, heading home to drink something warm

Today, December the 4th, we got a lovely sunrise. I took a few photos of it while going to my classes. The 5th (first one in 3rd line) is out of a double-decker bus, edited it a bit, the 6th is one the way up to our 'Weather-Tower'

sun1_med.JPGsun2_med.JPG
sun3_med.JPGsun4_med.JPG

sun5b_med.JPGsun6_med.JPG

I also took another photo of the church near my university on my way home:
church_med.JPGchurch2_med.JPG

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 12-04-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2008   #104
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

I know they're all good, but this one is outstanding.

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
Old 12-07-2008   #105
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

^ I love that one, as well! It comes very close to photographic perfection.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #106
Christian
Super Moderator

Aww, Thank you. Am glad I was able to take that photo and that it turned out good, like that one too.

Friday the 5th December
I've gone on a 'torch-hike' with my friend and his students' fraternity after having a great meal and a few beer. I took a few photos while hiking, here are the best four:

torch1_med.JPGtorch2_med.JPGtorch3_med.JPGtorch4_med.JPG

If you think that things you are doing in or with a students' fraternity are always having something to do with drinking.. yea, then you are right. There was a rule that you have to drink a shot each edge that you are passing. You won't believe how many edges you can find.. and becuase we needed to stop so often the torched burned down before we reached the forrest we originaly wanted to hike through ^^

The last photo is at the entrance to the forrest where they made a challenge in 'teabag long throwing'(?), the oldest men we had under us won that challenge.

I also can't believe I had such a calm hand and was able to make any focused photos on that 'hike' ^_^
Old 12-11-2008   #107
Christian
Super Moderator

I've gone with some of my best friends (under them a good old friend I lived with a few years ago from lativa, who visited us with his mom) on a Christmas market located in the center of Berlin on Monday, the 8th December.

Before I gone there to meet with them I payed the main shoping street in my area a visit to check the prices for a smaller tripod I buy.. maybe... That street is mostly crowded, its also one of the main roads and they made some lovely christmas illuminations along the road:

1 angel_med.JPG1 lights1_med.JPG1 lights2_med.JPG

One of the important railway staitons in the center of Berlin, you can see the TV-tower in the background.

1 station_med.JPG

I'm normaly having a hard time to take photos at night because I can't change the length of exposure and my hand isn't calm enough for the automaticly longer exposure times, so my photos are mostly a bit unfocused. I used walls, poles or whatever I found to take most of the photos, to have them better focused I also used the metal frame on my backpack as mobile tripod ^_^ even if some of the photos I made with bare hands turned out to be better then the others.. strange ^^

I met my latvian freind at that station and we made a little tourist-night-tour for his mom. We walked a part of the way I hiked along as i did my own 'little' tourist tour.

2 river_med.JPG
One of our govermental houses along the "Spree"-river next to the 'Reichstag'..

2 Reichstag1_med.JPG2 Reichstag3_med.JPG2 Reichstag4_med.JPG
and the 'Reichstag' from behind as well as its front.

Had a hard time to got those photos focused :/

As I looked into the dark sky I was recognising something strange:

3 dark_med.JPG
It seems you can produce besides normal light-spots also dark-spots!
Kidding, edited the heavily so you can see at least something ^_^

We walked to the 'Brandenburg Gate':
3 gate1_med.JPG3 gate2_med.JPG3 gate3_med.JPG3 gate4_med.JPG
First one is the original and cheated my camera to get a lower exposure time for the second one; edited that one for the third and fourth a bit-

We walked down on the old (and historic) avenue that marks the center of Berlin, heading to the TV tower. That street starts at a big road in the 'Tiergarden', is passing the 'Victory Coloumn' and is going through the 'Brandenburger gate'. From there its is a realy nice avenue with many of the most important and historic buildings at its side.

4 lights3_med.JPG4 lights4_med.JPG4 night_med.JPG
They iluminated all the trees that are in the middle of the avenue.

4 blue_med.JPG
Heavily illuminated house, Its a white house, got floodlit with blue and has red stars at the windows.. Mh.. 'Yes we can' ? I might attach a banner with it next time ^_^

4 dome_med.JPG
'Berlin Dome' at night.

We met our last friend with his girlfreind went to the Christmas market we wanted to go. That marked is located around an older church, there we drunk a few cups of 'Glühwein' (Glogg) and took a ride on a big Ferris wheel:

5 church1_med.JPG5 church0_med.JPG5 church2_med.JPG
Church and ferris wheel. Not sure if you can see somehting on the second photo, its depending on your monitor, I can't see much on it. You can see where we went later in the third photo I made while driving with the ferris wheel.

5 church3_med.JPG
Entrance to the church.

We went to another market that was located at the place between the 'Red City Hall' and the 'TV-Tower'..

5 tower1_med.JPG
..from more far away; my hand isn't calm enough for night photos.

6 cityhall_med.JPG
'Red City Hall',

6 tower2_med.JPG6 tower4_med.JPG
'Old and new'; I love the second one..

6 weel_med.JPG
and another ferris wheel with the 'Neptune Fontain' infront. (They build a little skating rink around it)

We drank another 'glogg' and left the market, heading home as they closed it at 9PM.

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 12-11-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: user-requeste
Old 12-12-2008   #108
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Taking pictures at night is HARD!

Really, it can be quite tricky, but those turned out quite well. I especially fancy "the two towers" (the second one, as you said) and the first one of the Brandenburg Gate. Amazing, that is. In fact it would be difficult to be more epic than that. :p

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 12-12-2008   #109
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

I can only say the same, however boring that must be becoming. On trips, you must be the designated picture taker, Christian :.)

Old 12-13-2008   #110
Christian
Super Moderator

SInce i'm doing very most of my trips alone: yes, but even if I would I guess

I think its better that i'm hiking alone here because I would annoy all my friends because i'm stopping to take photos from many things all the time^^

Oh, I also need to thank Foxy again for all the merging work :-)
Old 12-13-2008   #111
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post

Oh, I also need to thank Foxy again for all the merging work :-)

You're more than welcome. =)

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #112
Christian
Super Moderator

Here a few more from my last days before I take my train home over christmas.

1 snow_med.JPG
We got some snow on Friday the 12th December but it melted again after a few hours

I went again on that little mini-hike I do every monday (15th December):

1 swan_med.JPG1 kombi4.JPG
'Duck and swan' and another combined photo from the place I visit nearly every week to see how seasons change things.

1 eak_med.JPG
*Sighs* Sometimes I hate my dormmates I share a flat with.. That pot is standing there for over 5 weeks now and it starts to rust

1 morning_med.JPG
Morning over Berlin as I needed to travel through half of Berlin to get to my classes on Wednesday the 10th

I reacognised in panic that christmas is coming very soon on Tuesday the 16th of December and so i went to that shoping street i'm living just 25minutes away from with the bus to get some presents for my parents.

2 subway_med.JPG
Subway under that street

2 time_med.JPG
*gnihihi* Okay, I know its stupid but.. uh.. it just catched my eye and so i felt forced to take a photo of it.

2 post1_med.JPG2 post2_med.JPG
Old post office and a poor caged tree.. what has he done to get caged like this? ^^

That tuesday had been a bit foggy and the heating-plant near my dorm looked realy steamy and so I've done a hike around it after I got my (way too expensive) hair cuted.

3 lamp_med.JPG
Lamp at the side of the channel.. I like red :D

3 light_med.JPG
Very shiny light.. it got turned of right a second after i took that photo.. the high humidity gave it some aura around it.

3 stairs1_med.JPG3 stairs2_med.JPG
Many many stairs at the side of the heating plant..

4 steam0_med.JPG4 steam1_med.JPG4 steam2_med.JPG
The heating plant in steam at night. Those photos looked nice at the LCD monitor of my cam and might look good on monitors of laptops.. they are a bit too dark for me and i'm not good enough with editing

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 12-29-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-18-2008   #113
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

I think in this round I like the outside stairs and the third picture of the heating plant. They have a distinct aloofness while characterizing a sort of vulnerability by standing out as they do in the night. Very cool.

Old 12-19-2008   #114
Zanahoria_Picante

^ True dat.

Also, the first one of the branches "laden with snow" is lovely! Nice depth, textures, general composition, and things.

I also love the "progression of the seasons"; now that you have a larger group, the distinction is more clear and quite "view-able." :p

And that pot...is...disgusting. I would not touch that until it was thoroughly sanitized and/or doused with sulfuric acid. I pity the person who must confront that beast when The Day comes.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 12-19-2008   #115
Christian
Super Moderator

Thanks for the comments :) I like the stairs but I can't say why.. they attracted me from far away. I will continue the 'progression of the seasons' as long as I can/ I have the time for :D

The pot.. urgs.. I don't think I'll touch it. I'm curious if someone else or the one who left it there will do something.. I guess not *sighs*.

Yesterday, Thursday the 18th December, we had our 4th yearly 'big glogg driking' christmas event at our university. This time we menaged to beat our old record and cooked 15.85 US gallons of Glogg.

For those who doens't know, Glogg (mulled wine) or in german 'Glühwein' is normal red wine with special spices, cinnamon, cloves, oranges and orange juice combinated from us with rum and amareto for the special taste.

We started to cook at the early afternoon and stoped something around 9PM. We, my friends and me who organisated everything, had been dressed as Santa made everything for free for the others, we only collected tips to get our money back.

I did the whole cooking and pouring out part, so I had been in the fumes all day ^^.

glogg1_med.JPGglogg3_med.JPGglogg4_med.JPG
Santa 1 one and his reindeer, pots full of glogg and me giving it away.

glogg5_med.JPG
The fumes started to work with me.. ^^

glogg6_med.JPG
..eak! bad idea!

Later the day we wanted to suprise those, who had classes at that moment with some glogg. So we took lots of cups and gone throught the classrooms. I needed to gave my camera to someone else to take photos of it ^^

glogg9_med.JPGglogg7_med.JPGglogg8_med.JPG
"three Santas for happiness" and the first of the three rooms we raided

glogg10_med.JPGglogg11_med.JPG
We met one of professors who decided to helped us raiding the third room.

In the last room we raided one of the oldest professors they have was holding his class. He came down to us a bit later to drink a few more gloggs with us while the party reached its summit. He also gave us the biggest tip of the evening so he got one of our santa hats:

glogg13_med.JPG

We listed who gave us bigger tips and how many dippers of glogg we (my friends and me) drank.. thats some kind of tradition with us, not a challange on the boards you can see in the background.

glogg12_med.JPGglogg14_med.JPG
Party victim and some of the bottles we cooked with.

glogg15_med.JPG
..and on the way home with my friends at the bus station.

Its funny what a giant traditional party you can start/invent with just 3 freinds.. everything started 4 years ago as a little suprise for our fellow students right after the last class before christmas.

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 12-29-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2008   #116
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I really like this one:

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #117
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

I have yellow begonias that bloom similarly, but heirloom yellow roses are among my favorites. I'm thinking the one Christian took a picture of looks like this one from http://www.rose-gardening-made-easy....rite-rose.html

Would be nice if it is, since it might grow here.

Old 12-29-2008   #118
Christian
Super Moderator

Just a few photos from my city-hike i did on the 19th of December and the next day as I driven home to my parents.

highway1_med.JPGhighway2_med.JPG
Highway at night.

train_med.JPG
Train depot out of a train on my way home

house1_med.JPG
On the way home, 'old and rusty'

Am uploading smaller version of my photos from now, let me know if someone wants a bigger version with better quality :)

I made a large hike of 8.6 miles on my first day at home, December the 21st. I decided to pay the old harbour of my city a visit and to hike along the river Oder, that is also the border between Germany and Poland.

Note: If you would translate the name of the river it would simply mean 'or' ^_^

1 houses1_med.JPG
Houses against sun, at the begining of my hike.

1 house2_med.JPG1 house3_med.JPG
Oldest, and decayed of the city of Frankfurt (Oder)

I made my way to that old harbour. It had been a small but busy harbour many years ago. Some industrie, cement and rubber producing was located there too and it got connection the the rail network.. Everything got closed down after the GDR collapsed and germany became one country again. Today there is only one little dock located there.

1 poland1_med.JPG
Some houses of Poland from the harbour

1 sign_med.JPG
Old and lonely sign.

2 ruin1_med.JPG
Old industrial complex. I think it had been the rubber one.

I left the little harbour and went closer to the river. More photos of the complex will come later, did another hike there before Santa visited us (We all know that, if you try to see Santa working his elves will come to put your eyes out with there shoes, So better dont be at home ^_^)

2 frankfurt1_med.JPG2 frankfurt2_med.JPG
From the side of the river I took a photos of Frankfurt from more far away and at night later the day.

2 sun1_med.JPG2 sun2_med.JPG
The sun came through again, yay!

3 river1_med.JPG3 river2_med.JPG
Polish river side and a sandbank on the side of Germany.

3 tree1_med.JPG
*om nom nom* there was someone hungry ^^

3 tree2_med.JPG3 tree3_med.JPG
A forrest on a very old sandbank of the river, its forrest is surrounded by the normal river and some older and dead branch(?). There is also scared a young deer away while walking through it, still at the side of the river.

It got dark soon.. my first plan was to reach the next village but i needed to turn back soon.

4 ducks_med.JPG4 river3_med.JPG4 river4_med.JPG
Ducks and the river while it got dark

4 pole_med.JPG
A pole of an old and rotten fence in the dark

4 frankfurt3_med.JPG
Frankfurt at night from the same position as earlier that day.

Needed to walk half of the way back home in the dark, without any light, was funny, and spoky.. at least it had been very interesting ^_^

Last edited by Christian; 12-30-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 12-29-2008   #119
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Though the ambient colors in the other photos are very appealing, I rather like "old and rusty".

Old 12-30-2008   #120
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Love that picture of the homes behind the trees across the water with all those little clouds appearing to poof along in the sky.

And how did the sign for Hospital St. George in Frankfurt come to be written in English? Interesting.

And I had no idea Santa's elves put eyes out for peeking! I might have listened to that one

The picture of "Some houses of Poland from the harbour" looks like homes around the marshes surrounding Chicago :.) Amazing and fun to think how much somewhere thousands of miles away looks like home :.)

Really enjoyed all the river pictures very much. Marshes are so interesting, fresh or brackish. They have such interesting vegetation. And marshes are especially nice with the sun rising or setting. Very nice pictures those are.

Oh, and the moss on the tree is so pretty. Very partial to mossy things. A neighbor in Williamsburg, VA used to have a small hand laid brick patio in her backyard which she allowed moss to take over entirely. It was like walking on carpet, though we only sat on the garden bench to chat. Couldn't sit on the moss without getting bit by tiny red spider mites or chiggers

Very kind of ZP to piece all those pics together.

Tags
christian, photography