Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 03-14-2009   #181
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christian's photography and stuff

i like your photos of plants and flowers the best. they're really pretty.
Old 03-20-2009   #182
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian
Thank you very much, I like to get compliments
And here we go again:

I did another hike out to the fields, right to the place I had been at the end of my last hike, just a few days later on the 17th of March. I wanted to check a tiny forest that grew on the place, where once a old village had been as well as I wanted to have a second look to the farm that is right next to it. The Farm building is a old barn that didn't got destroyed as sole building of the whole village.

The weather was sunny and nearly cloudless, but a bit stormy. Not the very best idea to hike over fields and through forests where a few bigger branches had been falling down from time to time and trees made noises that sounded as they would collapse soon.

1 spring1_med.JPG
1 spring2_med.JPG1 spring3_med.JPG
First grass and leafs coming through

There had been horses and cows behind electric fences out on the fields, letting me come really close. The horses mostly ignored me.

1 horse1_med.JPG1 horse1b_med.JPG

1 horse2_med.JPG
Horse ^^

2 eyrie_med.JPG
Ayrie, from a hawk as I got told.

2 cow1_med.JPG
I like that guy, he seems to be cool^^

2 cow2_med.JPG2 cow2b_med.JPG

2 cow3_med.JPG2 cow3b_med.JPG
Sun and a cow, letting me come very close. (Can't decide what looks better, colored or black and white)

3 lampa_med.JPG3 lampb_med.JPG3 lampc_med.JPG
Old, rusty lamp.

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 03-25-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #183
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
Attachment 7822
I like that guy, he seems to be cool^^
Hell yeah! That guy is awesome.

I wanna be like him when I grow up!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #184
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

what is that? and jason, are you not hairy enough?
Old 03-20-2009   #185
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

^Nope, I want to be a beast.

More appropriately, Beast.

The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #186
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for all the way cool photos to browse. The marsh and cemetery are outstanding, as well as the stairwell, elevator shaft, reflections on water in the marsh and the lantern/lamp. My grandmother had one much like that.

I've borrowed a couple of your crocus pictures and the uprooted tree (we used to play and hide in one as children) for my sister's online memoriam. Above Thomas Kinkade no less, and rightfully so I believe :.)

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #187
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as long as it's only borrowed ;) but it would have been nice to see my copyright or my name somewhere. :)

So, here we come with a little update of photos I took last weeks, as we finally got nice weather here.

Sunset as I went on my duty at the Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW) on Wednesday the 18th.

1 sunset1_med.JPG1 sunset2_med.JPG
Sunset.

21st of March:
I went on another hike out to the fields and to that farm from my last hike. I remained there, in the middle of a big field to take a few more photos of the sunset.

1 sunset3_med.JPG1 sunset4_med.JPG1 sunset5_med.JPG
Sunset out of Berlin, you can see a little brushfire in the distance at the first photo.
Old 04-01-2009   #188
Christian
Super Moderator

24th of March:
We got a little bit of snow again at the night to the 24th as temperatures dropped and so I went out in the hope to get a few nice photos but came a bit to late.

2 snow1_med.JPG
Snow/Sleet.

2 flower1_med.JPG2 flower2_med.JPG2 flower3_med.JPG
Flowers in the snow.

I went down to the channel but got trapped into a heavy shower of sleet.

3 channel1_med.JPG3 channel2_med.JPG
Boat and channel in the shower of sleet, visibility dropped rapidly.

3 reed1_med.JPG3 reed2_med.JPG
Reed.

28th of March.
I stayed awake for way to long and I grabbed my stuff and went for a hike as I recognized the sun will rise very soon. I started that hike something around 5:15 in the morning.

3 sunrise1_med.JPG
Heating plant in the morning.

4 sunrise2_med.JPG4 sunrise3_med.JPG
Sunrise at the channel.

4 morning_med.JPG
"Cold Morning"

4 steamy1_med.JPG4 steamy2_med.JPG
The channel got steamy.

5 sunrise4_med.JPG5 sunrise5_med.JPG5 sunrise6_med.JPG5 sunrise7_med.JPG
Sun breaking through, slowly..

5 drops_med.JPG
Morning dew.

6 sky1_med.JPG6 sky2_med.JPG
Sky at 6:30 at the end of my hike.

Same day, but later.
A friend came to me to drink a few beer and I made him hike with me into the night, to a hill at the end of Berlin, close to the fields I've so often at to take a special night photo.

6 night_med.JPG
Berlin at night.

We planned to take another photo but we needed to hike through a deep, dark and scary forest (to get to the farm from former hikes) but I was to aware of wild hogs. I know there are many of them located over there and so we stopped before we reached the most dark park of the forest and noises around us became to strange ^^

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 04-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2009   #189
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Ach, sorry. I merged the 24th into the 28th. I somehow missed the "28th." Sorry. Again.

Still, those are absolutely lovely. I love all the ones of the sunset/sunrise; perfect. And the one, "Morning Dew," I now have set as my desktop, if you don't mind.

This one of the heating plant; one of the best of this view so far, methinks: Attachment 7872

But they're all great. Well done, once again.

Edit: The "strike" does not apply to this thread. So there.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 04-02-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #190
Christian
Super Moderator

Done, done.. DONE!

I'm finally done with my new update! It took me ages to sort and to edit my latest photos so there accumulated a lot of them here.

I decided to upload very most of my newest photos on deviantArt as it got a bit to much to upload them all here on AS. It took me 2 days to upload all of the 124 photos of my hikes through the springlike April and early Mai.

There will be a very few I'm uploading here as well as I'm not sure if I want to post them on DA but still want to share* ^^

Oh.. thanks to Foxy for helping me with a few things on DA and ZP for helping me finding/creating a 'new' watersign.

So, 135 photos to come:

edit:
*If you think I should upload a few them on DA too, let me know ^_^
*No need to merge them this time.. I hope. :)

Last edited by Christian; 06-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-03-2009   #191
Christian
Super Moderator

2nd of April

I did a hike out of Berlin Through a few tiny villages, following the trail of Theodor Fontane. It had been the first nice, warm and sunny day for a very long time.

Click to enlarge, bigger version in DA too:

AS:
castle_med.JPGflower1_med.JPGreed1_med.JPGlake-and-sunset1_med.JPG
Castle on my way, flower in the forest, sunny reed and sunset over a lake.
Old 06-03-2009   #192
Christian
Super Moderator

4th of April

We still had good weather and I asked a good friend of mine if he wanted to go on a hike as well. We started to hike the same way as I did two days before but went through the second biggest necropolis in the world (as they say) where I stopped my hike the last time as it got already dark (and I didn't had anything to stop Zombi's with me)

AS
map2a.JPGants_med.JPG
Attacking ants and the way we hiked.. 15.5 Miles.
Old 06-03-2009   #193
Christian
Super Moderator

6th of April

I did a hike through the 'Tiergarten' again, to take a spring photo for my collection of the seasons. I continued my hike through the center of Berlin since weather was so nice, not a single cloud was covering on they sky.

The 6th one is for pittielynn ^_^

AS:
mhh_med.JPG
Figure on the 'Reichstag'.. I' asking myself what she is holding in her hand..
Old 06-03-2009   #194
Christian
Super Moderator

9th of April

I drove to visit my parents for a longer weekend.. a few night photos:

10th of April

My parents and me did a trip to Küstrin, a city and former castle in Poland. The city and castle got to 95% destroyed at the end of the second world war. Before we went there we stopped on the hills above the river 'Oder' half way between my hometown and Lebus; the village I hiked to so often earlier this year and in the winter.

..BBQ at the evening.

AS
pheasant's-eye_med.JPG border-med.JPG field-pansy_med.JPG stork_med.JPG
Very rare pheasant's eyes, former border crossing point from Poland to Germany, all open and not needed anymore, field pansy and a stork.
Old 06-03-2009   #195
Christian
Super Moderator

11th of April

I convinced my father to drive me out of the town to the hills above the village of Lebus at 4:30 in the morning so I can photograph the sunrise. The weather was nice, but cold. I hiked back home after the sun was rising but a flood blocked my usual way so it ended with a 8 miles early morning hike.

Later the day I visited an old and mostly abandoned train yard again, like I did on Christmas.

Old 06-03-2009   #196
Christian
Super Moderator

..continued:

AS:
block_med.JPGold-window_med.JPG
Flood blocking my usal way, dead windows.

12th of April

Another hike along/to a place, that had been a famous excursion destination with restaurants and a old water Mill once south of the city of Frankfurt (Oder) It got destroyed at the fights around the city for the upcoming final storm on Berlin of the second world war. Today its a Forest with a swamp. Went to back to the river Oder later the day, but got stuck in a flooded forest and needed to find a way through.

AS:
memorial.JPGfrog_med.JPG
Russian memorial and my new buddy.

Last edited by Christian; 06-03-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2009   #197
Christian
Super Moderator

13th of April

Back in Berlin and a quick hike out to the fields to check the cherry blossoms

14th of April

I payed the 'Tiergarten' in the center of Berlin another visit. A friend called while I was taking another photo for my collections of the seasons and so met in the park and drank a few beer. We went on a little hike through the park and into the city later.

15th of April

Everything is going green so fast..

16th of April

I went on another little hike, to check the cherry blossoms but ended in hiking out to the fields and to that little swamp I discovered once. I found two new squirrel friends ^^

AS:
squirrel_med.JPGsquirrel2_med.JPG
Squirrels!

19th of April

I convinced (forced) my friend to visit the nature reserve on an old abandoned train yard called "Südgelende" I visited on a hike in November.
I also went back to the fields later the day.

AS:
tunnel_med.JPG
Tunnel in April and November.

Last edited by Christian; 06-03-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-03-2009   #198
Christian
Super Moderator

20th of April

Another hike to see the cherry trees blooming. I got a hint by a old local woman to visit the "Otto Lilienthal Memorial Park", a park around the hill he let build to practice the first flights of human kind. I went from there back to the field to see the spring in progress.

21st of April

Quick hike into the 'Tiergarten' to take another photo for my combined photo of the seasons.

27th of April

And another hike out to the fields. I took a friend of mine with me.. (a bit forced tho^^), we went to him and his girl for a few beer and a BBQ at the evening (yay, hiking and free food! ^_^)

AS:
berlinfar1_med.JPGberlinfar2_med.JPG
Berlin from far away, used MS Paint to fake the second one a bit ^^.
Old 06-03-2009   #199
Christian
Super Moderator

28th of April

A friend and me failed on our way to a class from another; we needed to rive through half of Berlin. We needed to go the the center of Berlin starting from the very south east and ended up in northwest Berlin as we took the wrong suburban train and felt half asleep. Was my fault tho.. he knew it's the wrong train but thought I would know a shortcut/alternative way.. and I thought he would stop me if I drive wrong..

Well.. It was to late as we I recognized we both where wrong and so we called our friends we failed badly driving there as we needed in the very west of Berlin. I did another hike from there, up to the 'Teufelsberg' I had been at on a hike in October.

The fifth photo is out of that hike in October 2008 (but newly edited) to compare the slowly decay of the old abandoned US spy radar station.

1st of May

What a bright sunny day..

4th of May

I went back home from a friend who invited me to a little BBQ on his balcony (yay, free food!) and passed the channel close to my dorm at 1 o'clock in the middle of night. The channel was steaming and so I spend a whole hour to take photos of it.

5th of May

Drops of water.

Yay!!
[/done with update] finally ^^

Last edited by Christian; 06-06-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2009   #200
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!! Success at last!

I literally am awestruck by these photos. I shake my head at your photographic genius. *Shakes head...at your photographic genius* Seriously, lovely, lovely work.

Although they are *all* epic and each have something brilliant to offer, these are a few of my favorites:

And this one--this one I am completely in love with:

Seriously, what?! How?! You need to stop.

(I set it as my desktop again; I hope you don't mind; I shan't share it with anyone else without yer permission. )

The other sparrow shots were adorable, too, though, and quite lovely. As were all of the animal/insect ones. You definitely have quite a wide range of subject matter, all beautifully presented.

Ahhhhh, okay. So, in short, very well done, sir! I will indubitably be reviewing these. *Takes off hat*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christian, photography