Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 09-23-2006   #1
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine
X-Fest 2006 (Papa Roach, Blue October, and MANY more!!!)

OMG!!!! I just got back from a kick ass concert. It's what Idaho likes to call the X-Fest! Staring there tonight was (in order of performance) Livitz Livitz, Blue October, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Hawthorne Heights, Hed p.e., Papa Roach, Midline, and Yellowcard! Now, just for the record, this is MY experiance. I did NOT see ALL the bands.

So yeah, the gates opened at 3:30 but I wanted to be there early so Dom and I showed up at like 1:30ish. We were NOT the first people there...more like the 4th and 5th. While we were waiting we killed 2 hours talking to two pretty cool guys. I never actually caught their names but I think one was named Joel and he was in the army. He and his friend were pretty funny. So after two HOURS we finally got inside and we walked around for quite a while. Livits Livits started playing but I wanted to see what all there was on display. So I stopped at the clothing booth and got a Yellowcard hoodie, Yellowcard t-shirt w/ tour dates, and a "Hate Me" Blue October shirt. The hoodie came in handy when the wind picked up and the temp dropped below 60 degrees.

Next thing we know we're on our way to the main stage to see Blue October. They played some pretty cool songs and if you haven't seen them in concert...WOW!!! It's so hard to explain it. Justin (the lead singer) really, REALLY gets into the music. I KNOW for a fact that he looked RIGHT at me. My favorite part would have to be when they started playing "Hate Me". Everyone went absolutely ape-shit! We were all SCREAMING the lyrics. I don't think I could even hear Justin. But afterwards Dom and I were able to get all of their autographs. Dom got all six but I only got five (couldn't find the drummer). I took two pics of Dom with Justin. 1) Justin giving Dom a hug and 2) Dom and Justin facing me. It was really cool.

After that, Dom and I went and wondered around some more...I didn't want to see the others PLUS we were able to see Blue October interviewing with a local radio station (100.3 The X). I tried so hard to get an autographed pic of the band but failed. DOM GOT ONE THOUGH! After they left the crowd kinda left with them. Then, after waiting about 20 minutes, HERE COMES PAPA ROACH!!!! I was SO HAPPY! I absolutely LOVE Jerry and Coby! When the guys sat down I started YELLING Jerry's name (Hawthorne Heights was playing behind us). Jerry was like 4 or less FEET from me and he FINALLY turned and looked RIGHT AT ME and smiled and nodded. I held out my ticket and asked him if he would sign it and he nodded again (man of few words) and then handed it back to me. He's such an AWSOME guy. During the interview, Dave (drummer) told a great story which goes something like this:

Dave: I was backstage and ran into Justin from Blue October and went up to him and said, "DUDE! I LOVE YOUR SONGS!" And Justin was all like, "DUDE! I LOVE YOUR SONGS!"

I don't know...maybe you just had to be there. It was really with how he said the word "DUDE!" It was freakin' GREAT! After the interview they all signed some posters and you better F*CKING BELIEVE that that I got one of those babies. I was standing there with my arm stretched out yelling Coby's name and he FINALLY gave me one. After that, I knew I could die happy. ESPECIALLY after getting Jerry's autograph.

After that Dom and I made our way to the main stage so that we could wait for like 30 minutes for Papa Roach to play. It was so awsome when they came out. It was another performance that is really hard to put into words. I wasn't really watching Coby all that much because I totally idolize Jerry so I had to watch him. And I KNOW that he looked right at me. I can definately die happy now. I finally got to see my FAVORITE band. The mosh pit for P.Roach took up the ENTIRE space. I don't think there were more then 20 people that weren't moshing. I know I got kicked in the head too many times to count by people crowd surfing and if I wasn't getting kicked in the head then they were FALLING on my head. I'm so shocked that I don't have a big bump or a black eye after all that. I think it was the craziest during "Last Resort". Or at least that's when I almost fell the most.

Once they were done playing "Last Resort" they called it a night and left...or so we thought. Coby was later found on the side of the stage signing autographs. So, I pulled out my ticket that Jerry signed and had Coby sign it too. When he did I swear I had the HARDEST time getting it out of his hand. So I played with his hand for a few seconds before finally getting it and then he winked at me. I over heard some girls wanting to get a picture on their phone with him and he wasn't about to take a second picture if the first one didn't turn out. There was a LOT of whining about bad pictures. It was funny. I'm happy just remembering him winking at me. And did you guys know he's only like 5'8" or something like that. Not much taller than me!

The last band to play was Yellowcard. I wasn't able to get their autograph because they just left after the show and I didn't want to lose my spot for Papa Roach to go and take a chance at getting a signed picture of them. I was happy when they played my favorite song "Only One". I was screaming my lungs out with them. It was funny because the lead singer (Ryan I believe) asked if they could play a song "for all the sexy ladies of Idaho". Then he said that if a guy really wants to score that he should "turn to the one you love and tell them that you wrote this song". I found that to be quite funny.

So, that was my night. I got a LOT of cool shit from there and when I get a chance, I'll scan my ticket, my Blue October sheet, and my Papa Roach poster and post them here.

Sorry this was so long but it was like a 10 hour event and I'm pretty sure that there's at least 1 if not 20 typos in there so, yeah. WOO HOO!!!!!! I can die happy now. And Jerry is so sexy!

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #2
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: X-Fest 2006 (Papa Roach, Blue October, and MANY more!!!)

wow that sounds so fun! i wish i could go...

Lucky you

Summer Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #3
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

god i havent been to a concert in at least 5 yrs or more, glad you more than enjoyed yourself

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #4
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine

It was so much fun! Now that I just crawled out of bed, my arms are KILLING me. At least my ears quit humming. That kinda made it hard to go to sleep.

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #5
casandra
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..

casandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond reputecasandra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to casandra

cool shows never come to south carolina, but i'm glad you had a good time
casandra is offline   Reply With Quote