Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 07-24-2005   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Parents' Day - 7/24

Happy Parents' Day to all the parental units out there! Don't forget to treat your parents extra nice today on their special day.

Many Americans are unaware that our nation has a new day of commemoration called Parents' Day. This is good news for America's parents and families.

In 1994 President Bill Clinton signed into law the resolution unanimously adopted by the U. S. Congress establishing the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents' Day, a perennial day of commemoration similar to Mother's Day and Father's Day. According to the Congressional Resolution, Parents’ Day is established for "recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children."
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #2
six six five
Newbie Member

six six five is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to six six five
Re: Parents' Day - 7/24

My parents are united methodist pastors who raised me in a psycho-christian-babble bullshit house and moved me so many times that anytime i'm anywhere longer than three years it feels weird and thusly i really have no religion to speak of.

Gee, thanks, Mom and Dad.
six six five is offline   Reply With Quote