Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 09-23-2013   #1
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob
The Music of Notlob

Alright so this might seem like a bit of an 'ego-boosting' type post and all, but by no means do I want it to be like that. I'm making this thread so as to keep all of my stuff in one place and have it readily accessible for all who're interested in it on this forum.

Also, what with the upcoming release of my first solo album and hopefully the releases that'l follow, be them demo's/singles/EPs or full albums I'd like for them to be here so that you get to see/read about them first. I hope more releases will be coming soon, but I guess you'll get them when you get them haha.

I'll be archiving the releases on this main post. Feel free to comment on stuff, after all, this is a forum

Releases:

Jelly Shot:
Suit Yourself EP (Oct. 2011)

Solo Music:
The One Who Brings Happiness (Jun. 2011)
Born To Die (Lana Del Rey Cover) (Nov. 2012)
Forguilt (Oct. 2013)
Shine The Eyes of Mercy (Nov. 2013)

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud

Last edited by notlob; 09-27-2014 at 02:15 AM.
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #2
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Music of Notlob

OMG, I LOVE your new album. (listening to it right now) Also I listen to your cover of Born to Die on repeat..... loudly.... a lot.... Your music is brilliant. :D

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #3
notlob
rock star

notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn
OMG, I LOVE your new album. (listening to it right now) Also I listen to your cover of Born to Die on repeat..... loudly.... a lot.... Your music is brilliant. :D
Thank you so much dear. That means a lot, really! I'm glad you like it, I hope everyone else does too. Only 5 days until it's out now, so everyone else will get to hear it soon enough!

Old 10-08-2013   #4
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

How couldn't I like it?! It's very creative, it tells a brilliant story, and you are very talented. I wish you all the success!!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 10-09-2013   #5
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

So I listened to your album....... it's great! I'm usually not an instrumental listener, but the music was so well done with composition and mixing. Got a couple of my friends to listen to it, generate some more fans for you :)

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #6
notlob
rock star

My album has officially been released on my Bandcamp page! So everyone please stop by and download yourself a copy! I'd love to hear what you all have to say about it!

Check the first post in this thread for the link!

Old 10-13-2013   #7
Pittielynn

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OFFICIAL RELEASE!!! Are you famous yet? ;)

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 10-15-2013   #8
notlob
rock star

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OFFICIAL RELEASE!!! Are you famous yet? ;)
Hahah sadly no I am not. It has a lot to do with the fact that I suck at networking and because it seems no one really wants to share the album with people.. It's quite sad really..

Old 10-15-2013   #9
Pittielynn

That is NOT the kind of news I like to hear. :(

GUYS!! You all can be a part of this! He's always been a friend to us, a positive influence on this forum. Time to give back by taking the few seconds of time needed to share Hashim's album with your friends on facebook!

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 12-04-2013   #10
notlob
rock star

Hey there everyone!
So my debut album 'Forguilt' has been nominated for 'Best Instrumental-Experimental Release of 2013' as well as 'Best New Artist of 2013'!

The winners will be determined on votes so I'm writing to ask if you'll vote for me on both.

Now there is a small favour I want to ask of you. You're allowed to vote for 20 different releases and 5 new artists in their respective categories. So please head on over there and vote for me, but please check out the other artists and vote for those you like too.
It's only fair!

The poll is in alphabetical order by artist name, so look for 'Jivan' and vote!

Thank you all so much!

Best Release of 2013 (20 votes):

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/ren...ym381896&refer

Best New Artist of 2013 (5 votes):

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/sho...80878&new=True

Old 12-04-2013   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Done and Done.

What's Jivan?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #12
notlob
rock star

Jivan is the name of my music project. It's the hindi word for 'Life' and also a less-than-common Hindi name as well.

It's the name of the main character in my concept/saga/story...

Old 12-05-2013   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

That's pretty cool.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote