Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 11-13-2008   #101
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87
Re: Almost Smart Convention 2009

I can be down there, as long as it's time enough to give my job a week notice, at least.. It'd only be for a weekend though, at least until the second week of December when school lets out for the winter. Let me know when you guys are planning on doing something, and I'll see what I can do.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #102
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^i was telling the others we could probably count on seeing you around this part if we get teh house. and jason said "Andrew can sleep on the floor if it comes down to it" lol not really but we all know how fond of floor sleeping you are
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #103
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

^I don't own a bed.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #104
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

that explains it. well i will try to find you at least a couch lol.
-Obi Wan

Old 11-13-2008   #105
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

Location: Wherever I happen to be...which is currently Athens, AL
krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

I'm more than willing to be a housegirl for the sake of meeting some AS people.
I don't know how many of you -remember- me, though.
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #106
GoddessDivine

^what exactly is a housegirl?
-Obi Wan

Old 11-13-2008   #107
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

^^i remember you.

i could probably make it. and i have an air mattress. that'd be an upgrade for andrew.
Old 11-13-2008   #108
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

if i can make it i will. i dont know though, i might be going home that weekend, i have not seen my family or friends since January... but if i can make it i'll be there, being all straight edge and anti-drugs.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Guinness And Mohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #109
GoddessDivine

i do not think i will make it since if i got to study in ireland that is when i will be going, though chances of me studying abroad are looking slim
-Obi Wan

Old 11-14-2008   #110
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

if i come and i gonna have a place to stay?
Old 11-14-2008   #111
GoddessDivine

^do we even know where we will stay??

wait what are you talking about...in july or here in charleston?
-Obi Wan

Last edited by GoddessDivine; 11-14-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2008   #112
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
i am having a small convention here in a week, lol. anyone who wants to come let me know. depending on if jason can get a beach house we can have a small convention sometime in late nov early dec since david will be here. I understand short notice and all but anyone from the east coast could probably make it for a weekend right? It really all depends on if jason can get the beach house. Regardless David is still coming to Charleston
I have completely forgotten to ask my granddad about the beach house. I'll try and talk to him about it within a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Said by krashkitten View Post
I'm more than willing to be a housegirl for the sake of meeting some AS people.
I don't know how many of you -remember- me, though.
I could use a housegirl.... I don't know what it is exactly but I'm pretty sure I agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
^do we even know where we will stay??

wait what are you talking about...in july or here in charleston?
We should make a separate thread for the potentiality of a convention in Charleston. Even if we don't have it within the next month there's always other opportunities for me to get the beach house. Or we could camp on the 10 acres of land my Grandfather owns on Edisto Island (the house would be off-limits except maybe for showering.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #113
Fetus-of-1986
Well Known Member

Fetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to all

Will there be booze?
Old 11-15-2008   #114
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

^ Why not take some and make it a sure thing? Others may follow your lead

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #115
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

Ok. It's 2009. Are we ready to do this or not? lol.
Old 01-19-2009   #116
GoddessDivine

is it still in CO in july?
-Obi Wan

Old 01-19-2009   #117
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

It's still non-existant. lol.

But CO was a location that was being discussed more than any other, I think.
Not sure about why July was relevant.
Old 01-19-2009   #118
GoddessDivine

we should have it in charleston
-Obi Wan

Old 01-19-2009   #119
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

=/

Dana. We already did SC.
We did TN.
If we do the same places over, not many new people will get the opportunity to go.
But it does depend on a host as well. lol. Or someone who knows where we are.
Old 01-19-2009   #120
GoddessDivine

nonono...we as in me you david andrew matt and jason met up, it was not a convention at all
-Obi Wan