Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page > Back Page News

Back Page News Not quite front page material.

Old 01-22-2008   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Goodbye Heath Ledger, Rest In Peace

Actor Heath Ledger has been found dead in a Manhattan apartment, New York police tell CNN.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Actor Heath Ledger is dead, the New York Police Department said Tuesday. The Academy Award nominated actor was 28.

Ledger's housekeeper found him dead in his Manhattan apartment, New York police said. "Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen.

Ledger was unresponsive when he was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported.

He died at 3:26 p.m., they said.

The New York Fire Department received a call at 2:27 today responding to a "cardiac arrest call" in New York.

They found an unresponsive male dead at the scene.

In 2005, the actor played Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret relationship.

The role earned him the Oscar nomination. Ledger was born in Perth, Australia. He has a young daughter with actress Michelle Williams, his co-star in "Brokeback Mountain."

I liked this guy. Too bad. He was only 28.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)

Last edited by Madre; 01-22-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heath Ledger is dead

I loved the guy. I can't even react to this... it's unbelievable.

He finished production on The Dark Knight; it will be his last role.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #3
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

wow that's pretty crazy.

just hearing about any young person dying is terrible. i wonder what happened?
Old 01-22-2008   #4
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Holly Crap, I can't believe this, Heath is my favorite male actor, he has been for quite some time. (And not just because he was hot) ABC news is saying that it may be drug related.

ABC NEWS REPORT I'm not sure if I believe that Heath was into drugs though. I guess we will see...

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #5
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

that's the first thing i thought of though when madre's post said they officers were responding to a call about cardiac arrest.
Old 01-22-2008   #6
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

They did find pills near the body, according to a couple of reports cited by the Wikipedia article about his death...

He was one of my favorite actors of all time. This is so depressing.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #7
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

yea, it's sad. but it'd be sad whether he was a star or not. just devastating that someone with so much fame and money would live that way or do that.
Old 01-22-2008   #8
Punk Tinker Bell

Punk Tinker Bell has a spectacular aura aboutPunk Tinker Bell has a spectacular aura aboutPunk Tinker Bell has a spectacular aura about

Heath Ledger was such a hottie.....and The Knights Tale is the best ever...ill give a little tear to him

Punk Tinker Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #9
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by jackthepanda View Post
that's the first thing i thought of though when madre's post said they officers were responding to a call about cardiac arrest.
Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
They did find pills near the body, according to a couple of reports cited by the Wikipedia article about his death...

He was one of my favorite actors of all time. This is so depressing.
(To both of you) It seems so likely, but it is quite easy to get hooked on prescription drugs, and it's probably just as easy to accidentally overdose too.

It is also quite possible that someone wanted him dead after "Brokeback Mountain" as well. It wouldn't be too hard to poison him, or put drugs in a drink or something, and then put the pill bottle next to his body either.
I think it's a sketchy story, that needs to be investigated. But apparently he hasn't been dead for even 3 hours (judging by my time - there may be time zone differences) so an autopsy won't be performed for a while yet either.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 01-22-2008   #10
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Tragedy, indeed.

*Solemnly removes hat*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #11
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

The story is getting weirder and weirder. The apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Old 01-22-2008   #12
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

that's odd. but has nothing to do with his death right? or is that what you're saying?
Old 01-22-2008   #13
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Well, I don't think she killed him if that's what you mean. No, I just think it's odd he was found there. They say they don't know what he was doing there. Apparently she was somewhere else. California, I think.
Old 01-22-2008   #14
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by Madre View Post
The story is getting weirder and weirder. The apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.
Woah, what the hell was he doing there?
Quote:
Originally Said by jackthepanda View Post
that's odd. but has nothing to do with his death right? or is that what you're saying?
It may...Is there anyone saying that the prescription drugs were indeed his?

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 01-22-2008   #15
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

http://www.people.com/people/heath_ledger/biography

Here's a short biography. Too bad. He had a lot of promise.
Old 01-22-2008   #16
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

wow.

wow, thats a bummer.

he was one i kind of LIKED.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #17
Pittielynn

I seriously thought this was a really bad joke at first. It still blows me away. It's like I can't believe it. I WON'T believe it! What a piss off. What an Elvis-esque way to go.

What's the bet that either the aliens killed him or Mary-Kate did?

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 01-22-2008   #18
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by pittielynn View Post
I seriously thought this was a really bad joke at first. It still blows me away. It's like I can't believe it. I WON'T believe it! What a piss off. What an Elvis-esque way to go.

What's the bet that either the aliens killed him or Mary-Kate did?
I just read a source that says the Mary-Kate thing was just a rumor and that he owned the apartment in which he died.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #19
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

He died of drugs, there's not respect in that.

I don't even feel sad.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #20
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by Bleed Black View Post
He died of drugs, there's not respect in that.

I don't even feel sad.
He has no history of any drug related problems. He was also found with pills all around him. Not necessarily inside him. Until an autopsy is performed, there is no way we can just say "He died from an overdose".

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade