Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discussion related to technology, computers, and the internet.

Old 12-27-2013   #1
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
What is your internet addiction/obsession?

Other than Facebook, of course.

Mine are certainly Reddit, especially the subs for nail polish and startled cats, as well as Questionable Content.

I also frequent Neopets when I have enough time on my hands and occasionally visit Not Always Right and Post Secret.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #2
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your internet addiction/obsession?

bestgore.com sometimes.

usually only fb.
Old 12-27-2013   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

I haven't checked Post secret in months now.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Right now, reddit, for the crocheting, knitting, and cooking subreddits.

Oh and the pets subreddit too.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #5
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

Sadly mine is Instagram... I just cant help it hah. Though I don't know if that counts as an internet obsession.. but aside from that I'm just a Facebook guy, really...

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #6
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Reddit.

World News, News, Science, Uplifting News, Technology AND MY NEW FAVORITE!!! TALESFROMTECHSUPPORT!!!!

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #7
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

Twitter is my big one. I love reading/telling jokes there.

I'm debating whether or not I'll get into comiXology as well. I normally only read one-off graphic novels, so I have to weigh the financial burden of starting to read one or two ongoing series. I'm thinking I'll pick up an issue or two of Batwoman and decide from there.

I tried reddit, but never got into it. I tend not to fall into the same obsessions as my friends. They're all big on reddit and WoW, but I never saw the appeal.
Old 01-10-2014   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Kent View Post
Twitter is my big one. I love reading/telling jokes there.

I'm debating whether or not I'll get into comiXology as well. I normally only read one-off graphic novels, so I have to weigh the financial burden of starting to read one or two ongoing series. I'm thinking I'll pick up an issue or two of Batwoman and decide from there.

I tried reddit, but never got into it. I tend not to fall into the same obsessions as my friends. They're all big on reddit and WoW, but I never saw the appeal.
What's one of these graphic novels? I have a gift card to Barnes n Nobles. I'm reading The Doomsday Key, on chapter 7 but not enough is happening yet. There's only been 3 grizzly murders and 1 shoot out.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-10-2014   #9
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

I guess most of what I have are collected editions of short series/story arcs and not true graphic novels. On my bookshelf I have Flight vol 3, The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects, BPRD: 1947, a few Tank Girl collections, Saga vol 1 and 2, and Gotham by Gaslight.

But I'm now five issues into Batwoman and I love the writing and artwork so far. Definitely worth it.
Old 01-10-2014   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Kent View Post
I guess most of what I have are collected editions of short series/story arcs and not true graphic novels. On my bookshelf I have Flight vol 3, The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects, BPRD: 1947, a few Tank Girl collections, Saga vol 1 and 2, and Gotham by Gaslight.

But I'm now five issues into Batwoman and I love the writing and artwork so far. Definitely worth it.
Lol wtf is The Amazing Screw-On Head?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-10-2014   #11
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

It's by the same guy who created Hellboy, Mike Mignola. They tried to do an animated series based on it, but only made the pilot. Now it's all on YouTube.

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64GdGhuOkU

Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_l-hrjoWE
Old 01-22-2014   #12
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I R C

I don't think you people quite realize how addicted I am to IRC.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #13
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

I haven't used IRC since I was 16, which is sad because I used to love it. Even if there was a room I liked visiting, unless I was only using IRC I couldn't pay attention to the conversation long enough to know what anyone was talking about. I can't even use Skype if I'm doing anything else. I'm not a multitasker.
Old 01-22-2014   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Realize or don't care.

Does that shit only reign around your parts of town?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-30-2014   #15
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

IRC doesn't seem to like my computer...

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #16
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
IRC doesn't seem to like my computer...
Just download something like Hexchat or mIRC (for Windows) or... uh, well, I don't know what to tell you to download for a Mac but... yeah.

Download and install that.

Then find the Server options menu. Find the Rizon IRC network. If it isn't there, you may add it (server: irc.rizon.net port: 6667). Then connect. Then type /join #AlmostSmart

Yes, I am always connected to IRC. I have a bouncer so even when I disconnect, I'm still there. However, most of the time I am connected to my bouncer and I will eventually see any message addressed to my IRC nick, iasov.

Right now, I'm being in idle mode: [iasov] idle 240:23:01, signon: Sun Jan 19 14:50:53

Yeah, I'm connected to IRC but just not saying anything... still reading shit though. :P
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote