Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Old 11-17-2013   #1
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob
A Little Poetic Doodle

Now I'm no poet, but I wrote this out and felt it needed sharing. Maybe because I believe we all know (at least) one person like this.

Imagine a place where love reigns supreme,
Without it you fall into dark.
Imagine a place where you live out your dreams,
"There's no place like that" you remark.

I can't help but laugh at your lack of belief,
But truly I stand back in awe.
The thousands of words that you use day to day,
But 'imagine's not one used before.

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013   #2
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Little Poetic Doodle

Thanks for that one, Langston Hughes.

I quite like poems like this. The style reminds me of Emily Dickinson, what with the slant rhyme and the non-metrical rhythm (i.e., free verse) and existential theme and what not. And it's very straightforward, which is nice. I also like abstract poems--metaphysical poems--just as much as concrete ones, though poets who accomplish both (concrete and abstract, like Robert Frost and Walt Whitman and Elizabeth Bishop and such) are nothing to sneeze at.

And what you say is true, as well. Life without love is no life at all. Without hope, love, imagination... life isn't really worth living. And yet many people do live, survive, that way.

In short, well done.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #3
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Little Poetic Doodle

See I took from that something different. The beauty of verse.

Imagine all the people....

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote