Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 04-11-2006   #1
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
D12 Rapper Proof Shot and Killed This Morning.

From AllHipHop.com :

D-12 member Proof was shot and killed in Detroit, Michigan this morning (April 11) at an after hours club on Eight Mile Road.
Proof, born Deshaun Hotlon, was murdered at the Triple C club around 4:30 am and another man was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

"We cannot give out names, or any specifics because of the investigation," Sgt. Omar Feliciano told AllHipHop.com. "We are following our leads. But, one male [Proof], 32, was taken to Holy Cross hospital with a gun shot to the head. Another male, 35, was taken to Sain private transporation and he is in critical condition."

Interscope represenatives also confirmed Bizarre was not involved in the incident.

"Contrary to earlier rumors and reports, D-12 member Bizarre was not involved in the incident in Detroit last night," Interscope said. "He was at home in Atlanta, Georgia."

Earlier reports stated that Bizarre had been shot or that police were seeking to question him, after an altercation took place in the club.

One witness was being questioned by the police, who are still seeking suspects.

Proof was signed to superstar rapper Eminem's Shady Records as a member of the platinum selling group, D-12.

The group, which features members Eminem, Kon Artis, Proof, Swift , Bizarre and Kuniva, released their debut album Devil's Night in 2001. The group followed with D12 World in 2004, which produced the hit single "My Band."

Proof followed with a solo album titled Searching for Jerry Garcia in 2005, released on his own label, Iron Fist Recordings.

Proof was an influential figure on the Detroit rap scene, hosting legendary battles at the Hip Hop Shop.

In the movie 8 Mile, Mekhi Phifer was chosen to embody Proof as the character "Future," while Proof starred in the movie as "Lil Tic."

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-
Re: D12 Rapper Proof Shot and Killed This Morning.

Woohoo!

I have the Downs.
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #3
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute

And now the world is a better place

Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #4
me inside
Finally We Are No One

me inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divine
Send a message via MSN to me inside

D12 psshhhh!

Softly seething, surreal breathing..
Ignite the cannon with sphagnum lanthum..
Laud the armies of diphthongs with your superannuating Diphtheria..
And I will ever be your combustive tablature of igneous geometries.
me inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #5
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart

Quote:
Originally Said by Grunt
And now the world is a better place

How can you say that? Sure you may dislike hiphop in general or d12 in particular, but this is a real person who has been shot and killed, another victim of stupidity in pointless ongoing vendettas reminiscent of eastern europe for the last 1000 years.
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

Dun dun dun, another one bites the dust!

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #7
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Dg
How can you say that? Sure you may dislike hiphop in general or d12 in particular, but this is a real person who has been shot and killed, another victim of stupidity in pointless ongoing vendettas reminiscent of eastern europe for the last 1000 years.
I can say that because I am insensitive to things I don't like.

I have the Downs.
Old 04-12-2006   #8
jess
Hussy!!!

jess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to beholdjess is a splendid one to behold

haha finally people are learning to aim

[i know it's sad yada yada i'm distraught]

PoWeR rAnGeRs!

...captain planet was taken

Telepath wanted: you know where to apply
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #9
deviant_scum
Newbie Member

deviant_scum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Said by schism-
I can say that because I am insensitive to things I don't like.
One day, my dear whatever person you are, you to one day will die. I just beg you to read this till end cause i registered on this forum just because i read your note. Now dont think that I dont have nothing clever to do cause tommorow i have three tough tests in school, still I couldnt let go when I read your words. I really am not forcing you to accept my opinion and life princips, but I beg you just to read this note cause it comes from the heart, comes out of what expirience showed me.
As I said you too one day will die. Maybe it wont be a natural death, maybe somebody wont like you and just decide to brutally end your life. Maybe you wont even know that that person dislikes you, and maybe it will even be someone close to you(although maybe you still dont have one so close)... Maybe it will be yourself... I hated when somebody wanted to teach me life lessons, and i hate it still, and that is why I just want to give you my careful thoughts, not to teach you a lesson. That is a duty of life. I am sorry that I talk to you on this way, on forum, but I want everybody to read my words.
My dear you and me, we are both warrioirs, cause once I felt the same way as you do. And let me tell you that nothing ever opened my eyes so that now I see things different, nothing dramtically changed my thoughts, but one thing - a conclusion. My dear friend, although I dont know you yet, I once felt completely the same as you, and I wont just talk as everybody does... They teach lessons from their own lives. No my dearest friend I just may understand you completelly. I know the nature of your thoughts just because one day I felt completely the same.
I grew up, as I`d say durring the dark times for my country. My country was in war. Croatia is my country, and it was, as America would say civil war. But the truth is that my country was trying to become self stand alone country like it was during all the centuries before. For the last century, that is most of the twentieth century, it was a part of Yugoslavia.
My childhood was difficult since we were actually poor, what else can you expect when there is war going on. I missed a lot of fun things in my childhood, I hadnt any friends, I was different. My religion wasnt catholic, as more than 90% of my country was. People in my country were quite stubborn, they wouldnt like other religions, at least they werent good at accepting them. So I grew up in a village where everyone was trying to get something more for his family, cause we were poor. That is the thing that caused many fights, a lot of greed, and people envying others. We were divided in the hardest times for our country. We were split on natural regions, then the sides of rivers, then religion, cities, villages, neigbourhoods, streets, houses, and whats most sad of all, even floors, rooms. We never actually realized what devastated us, even today the consequences are here living with us. What happened to our people? They had hit us so fast that we still havent opened our eyes and realized that they made us look like monsters in each others eyes. We fought each other over nothing, just of a sudden we were all enemies. We couldnt trust each other, we never wanted to. Why?
Well as all wars start, it is beacuse of two guys trying to showoff infront of their people. Showing that they are strong enough to win the war, and humiliate the looser. Two guys having control of others lifes, and relationships. Serbia was the other country in war with us. Serbs were at once treated as animals, they were discriminated, a lot of them even killed. Once we were like brothers, we even called ourselves brothers... And only two guys had the power to destroy the people from inside. We fought and won the war after five years. My country still lies in scars and I assume it will never heal completely. I mean we are about to join the European Union, is our mentallity really tolerant enough or are we still stuck in the old days? What I`m talking about is that one day a guy will come to his father and say "dad I`m getting married". Really, the father will reply. With whom, he will ask. Then his son will answer with Jovan(it is a version of the name Ivan, a Serbian version). An than his father will start cursing and swearing, "you fool, how could you choose a Serb?". See, it wont matter that his son is gay, but that he is getting married to a Serb.
What has made my nation so hateful against the Serbs, what has driven us to fell towards each others as against animals, when we once were brothers?
Two guys, mr. presidents.
Cought in trap my nation is still there. Ruined cities, villages, towns, killed babies, children, widows, virgins raped, old wise men tortured and merciles killed... Each with a story, each with feelings in their hearts, each screaming for love in their life... Each with beloved family. Brutally killed for somebody who wont even know their names, for somebody who took the price of his people to show that his country is powerful enough. To showcase himself, just for money, for money, for blasted, cursed, wretched money.
What is the price of men, women, children? What, anger and chance to avenge death? What, hatred against each other, or maybe money? Nothing is worth of human life. Nothing is worth your life. And no death is just another case in the books of P.D. No war is right enough to bring back the dead, and redeem yourself.
Let me be straight with you, I cant stand listening rap. I am pure rocker. I used to listen even to death metal before, gothic... I wasnt a fake one. I was in it so deep forever, as then I thought. Later I dicovered that hatered wont save me from misssing the most important things in my life, in fact it would close me forever if I continued like that.
HATE, my friend, you can find hate everywhere. Literally everwhere. Just look at homeles people fighting over their boxes in which they sleep... Just look at people forgetting on each others. Just look at parents forgetting that they have children, forgetting that their children need love and patience, that they need to learn about love from them. Children collapsing every day, without any chance of achieving their dreams because they didnt have antyhing to eat. Some in Africa of hunger, some in America of hunger for love that they cant even find in their home. Dying for someone to give them love and patience, their time, chance, to listen to what hey have to say...
And that is what hurts me the most, innocent children "growing" into persons who cant give love and compassion, why, because our jobs are more important to us than our children, getting money is more important than a kiss from our wife. Fighting our imbecil wars for somebody who in reality doesnt give a fuck about us is more important than a human life, that divine life. We my dear friend are fucked up, till the end, because we are fighting wars that dont belong to us. We are fighting wars for somebody who cares just for money, just dont be so stupid and dumb to believe that they care... They dont give a fuck and deep inside your soul you can feel that. You know it. Then why are you choosing to fight somebodies elses war. Why do you let these wars steal you away from poeple that are only worty thing on this planet. Why do you choose to be a warrior that will hail hatred and serve it so stupidly when the world is so full of hate that you cant even breathe normally cause the poisonus fog of wars destroy your lungs. Every step you take you will see battles and people leading their own wars not knowing that they ARE CONTROLED. FOR MONEY, FOR COMERCIAL... I hope with all of my heart that stupidity isnt your main character description, but that there is hunger for somebody accepting you and loving you. Dont fight somebodies elses war, you will get tired of it I guarantee you.
Hate, you can find it everywhere, and more often you dont even have to work for it. Trust me. Hate is everwhere.
PEACE, LOVE, COMPASSION - now those are rare pearls you unfortunately wont find easy today. Why? Because people are corrupted to much with hate for each other that they dont know how to love anymore. If you choose to be a warrior, like I am, trust me completely, you will need love to carry you over your ups and downs. You will need somebody to carry you when your heart will be hurt. Hate wont help - I tried. I missed so many things in my life just because of it. Love will work - I tried. Trust me for I am a warrior just like you are.
Maybe I couldnt see your story and maybe my words wont be enough, beacuse they are on paper, or maybe only on this forums server. But in my heart I live them, they are my soul.
And maybe one day you will find out the same thing, but your life will pass, and it will be too late. Cause you will spent your life in stupid wars of others. While your time will pass and you will become just another old grandpa who knows nothing but mumling in his beard, in his wheelchair, ALONE!
I dont like rap, I used to hate it so strong that it took over me. Then it turn to be a racism, and I saw in myself a person I saw in my people of Croatia. Fighting somebodies elses war. So stupid of me. When it comes to only one person you have left I would love it to be a coloured man, then you will realise that the price of man cannot be matched. The person is the only thing that is worthy on this planet, only human soul, your soul too, you are unmatching.
So was "the Proof". He might have made mistakes and maybe he wasnt honest or good man, but I dont know that and I cant say thing like that because I didnt know him, because he is a soul that will never be matched in the whole universe, a perfect ruby whose flame is taken away. Death that will maybe run another war whose warriors will be people like you and me. And that war wont stop soon. Like in Albania - the blood revenge. Call that a stupidity friend, cause hatred against each other is nothing more than that.
Please dont forget my words, really I havent spent two hours writing this just to proof myself right. I did it for you, cause I believe in LOVE, PEACE and COMPASSION. I believe that I am much too worthy to fight somebodies war and then forget that you are the most worthy thing in this universe. I dont want to spend my whole life searching for knowledge, working hard to get money and then forgetting on special persons in my life. Human soul, a person is far more worthy than anything else, when you dont believe in that your time is just a waste of itself. I dont want to make an impression on you but I will have you in my thoughts, trust me.
Please just dont get over this like I`m just another lunatic(I used to think so about other trying to teach me something), all I ask you is to LISTEN TO MY WORDS, dont just throw them away without really thinking about them, after that do with it whatever you like.
Remember nothing is more important then a person and nothing can be more important than you getting a real friend that will be with you till the end. To find a real love which you will get only by giving it to the others. Remember you can waste your tommorow and cry because of it, and you can find a meaning of your life tomorrow only if you use it till the end, 24 hours, completely.
deviant_scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #10
junki

junki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart god

"Which brings me to my next point, Don't smoke crack!" Lawrence Taylor in The Waterboy
junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #11
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Rapper Big Hawk Shot to Death
May 2, 4:18 PM EST

The Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Big Hawk, a rapper whose 2001 album reached No. 45 on Billboard's rap chart, was shot to death, police said Tuesday.

Hawk (real name: John Edward Hawkins) was a member of the late DJ Screw's rap collective the Screwed Up Click and brother to rapper Fat Pat, who was killed in 1998.

Hawk had planned to meet a friend Monday night but apparently arrived before the friend and walked to the side of the house where he was shot several times, police said. He died at the scene.

Police do not have a suspect and their only lead involves a witness who saw a white compact car with tinted windows nearby shortly after the shooting, police spokesman John Cannon said.

Hawk, 36, scored a regional hit with 2002's "You Already Know" and was recently featured on the popular single "Swang" by Trae that included a posthumous contribution from Hawk's brother. His 2001 self-titled album reached No. 45 on Billboard's list of top R&B and rap albums.

Hawk was respected in the Houston underground rap scene and appeared on numerous mixtapes from artists such as Paul Wall, Lil' Flip, Z-Ro, E.S.G, Lil' Keke and Big Pokey.

DJ Screw, who died in 2000, and the Screwed Up Click popularized Houston's hypnotic, slowed-down style of rap called screw music

Another Rapper also killed, makes me wonder what's going on??? Similar to 1980's
West Coast vs. East Coast comes to mind.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #12
schism-
King Cunty

Quote:
Originally Said by deviant_scum
Long post
Uhhh... yeah. Gooooooooood for you. But have you learnt the real lesson? Don't be a rapper if you want to live.

I have the Downs.
Old 05-04-2006   #13
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

I concur. Its about time someone eradicated this travisty to the Arts.

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote