Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker
Happy early Thanksgiving!

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! Or anyone that wants to pop up and say hi. I wondered what everyone was up to, or how or if your cooking a turkey. My first year using a turkey fryer and i cannot wait! Just started my brining process last night, nowhere to put the bucket with the turkey in it so luckily there is still snow outside. Just nuzzled a fort of snow around and on top, stayed around 40 until 9 outside.

My first year brining, and first year frying. This is the brine recipe i used:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/54614/turkey-brine/

I did not follow spot on, half gallon of the vegetable broth (not full gallon like recipe)and added half gallon of apple cider. Added cup of brown sugar(i did eyeball it, probably a tad less than a cup), and all the herbs were fresh except for savory. Let me tell you, NO ONE carries savory. I had to order that off amazon, and they sent me a pound. I only ordered an ounce, lol. I wasn't honestly sure if it called for summer, or winter savory, i bought summer. I read it has a less harsh potency, so seemed the safer route.

Anyway, figured i would stop by and see if anyone's doing something exciting for the holiday. Ive been cooking traditional oven turkey for too long, change is nice.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote