Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 05-25-2003   #1
inyourhands
Newbie Member

inyourhands is on a distinguished road
Incubus's bassist leaving and the new one

Hey, so any one hear about Incubus's bassist leaving? That really sucks man. He was soo good. They also got their new bassist from The Roots. HIP HOP man. I think their new cd is going to consist soooo much of Kilmore (D.J) and their new bassist. What do you think about him leaving and what do you think about their upcoming album?
Old 05-25-2003   #2
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
i think its gonna be terrible. I dont like Incubus or this kid named Hal Galardi. Incubus's old stuff was good, but now there kinda selling out. Im not feeling the DJ either. BUT i will buy the CD to support the artist.

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003   #3
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0
Incubus will be fine. And if you listened to The Roots new cd, you would know that it's their first "hybrid" cd, if you will. There are rock elements in it that the roots never had in their old stuff. On the topic of Kilmore, I never thought Incubus even needed a DJ. I'm not sure if you knew this, but Kilmore is actually Incubus' 2nd DJ. They got rid of the first DJ after their S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album (i think) Incubus is still gonna be awesome, as long as Boyd is on vocals and Einziger is on lead guitar.
Old 05-25-2003   #4
C0nR0cks

C0nR0cks is an unknown quantity at this point
i gotta go with jayhay. i like incubus no matter what. although i kinda disagree with them selling out "selling out" means making money and being heard. i know there are some bands that truely play just to play, but most bands want to make money. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is by far my favorite, but i like all of them. morning view is kinda different, but it shows that they can do something different now and then, and still be good.
C0nR0cks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003   #5
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
every god damn band that changes their style is accused of selling out, THEY ARNT SELLING OUT, theyve just matured. morning view is a great album, i used to hate it, but it really is an accomplished piece of work, its just diffrent. as a band theyve growen up, and have - as brandon himself said "run out of angst", and so theyve changed, theyve also become popular, but thats a useful upshot.

also, your orignal comment that you reckon the new album will be loads more killmore and the new bassit - i doubt it, incubuses albums have showen a gradual diminishing of amount of dj stuff, also a new member (especially as a bassit) wouldnt be allowed to make THAT much of an influence.

dj lyfe > dj killmore
Old 05-26-2003   #6
inyourhands
Newbie Member

Before I say anything else about incubus, let me just say, nothing I am saying or replying about is bad about them. They are my absolute favoirtie band. I am just speculating. In NO WAY AT ALL do I think they have sold out. Jayhay, you are correct about Chris Kilmore being their second bassist. Cornrocks, I very much agree with you about them not selling out. And I like your definition of it. They ARE just maturing. Cowboyjew, I must say that I disagree with your disagreement about the DJ and bassist making more of an influence in their new album. I can exactly understand why you say that they will not because they have been getting less hip hop and jazz every album since "Fungus Amungus" but I believe that they got their bassist from the roots to make some sort of jazz hip hop come back. I think they are going to change very much and mature into a diffrent world of music like their very old stuff. But no one really knows except for the Gods them selfs so we will just have to wait and find out what they are planing.
Old 05-26-2003   #7
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0
Yeah, the term "sellout" is being overused these days. I hate that word. When you think about it, it could be used to describe any popular band these days. I'm not directing this at anyone, it's just something I wish wasn't used anymore.
Old 05-29-2003   #8
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Incubus - selling out?

Bullshit!!

There new album will be awesome.

Brandon described it the sound of it as "Chocolate being poured over your body"

I know he doesn't take himself seriously sometimes, but it still sounds pretty cool.

I think incubus chose Ben. because of his talent. Dirk is a hard act to follow, and they would have put a lot of thought into it.

So the best of luck to him, and the rest of Incubus.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003   #9
raven_rose2911
Well Known Member

raven_rose2911 is just really niceraven_rose2911 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to raven_rose2911 Send a message via MSN to raven_rose2911 Send a message via Yahoo to raven_rose2911
Is the bassist leaving because of Time Lapse Consortium? I think that they will be fine as long as their fans stick behind them!

Incubus fan!!!!
May I never forget the greatest love I ever knew...let me be brave in my attempt to piece my shattered heart back together again...what I wouldn't give to see your sweet face just one more time. Oh my dearest love how my heart aches for your tender touch. I will always love you. You will always be "MY BOO".
IN MEMORY OF
JACKSON BLAZE HARRIS
OCTOBER 11th, 1983-OCTOBER 15th, 2004

raven_rose2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003   #10
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
Even if you like Incubus, their last two efforts were Pop ballads. They did go mainstream, that can't be denied.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E was by far their best.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003   #11
inyourhands
Newbie Member

I dont really know why he is leaving. But I am sure he will have good career later. Not as good as with Incubus though.
Old 06-02-2003   #12
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Hi everyone.

He left because of disagreements with the rest of the band on the direction of the music. But Brandon has said that he left on good terms.

There is pics of incubus with Ben on www.incubusonline.com if you want to see what they all look like together.

has anyone seen pics of what brandon looks like now? He has longer hair and a pretty cool moustache
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote