Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Guys & Gals

Guys & Gals Girls + Guys, Relationships, Dating, Sex, Babe threads, etc...

Old 05-29-2008   #1
doublea114

doublea114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to doublea114
Best first date idea

OK. What is the best first date? What are things that a guy should and shouldn't do on one? What would you do and where would you go on a first date?

For those who say, depends on the guy or gurl, he's cute and funny. She is good looking and a bit of an idiot. lol. Play around with that.
doublea114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine
Re: Best first date idea

if the girl is an idiot the best thing to do is run, far far away. if the guy is an idiot look forward to being felt up or at least given lame lines to get you to sleep with him.
Personally i think dating is out. i haven't been on a "date" in years. i just hangout with my guy and we play video games or go eat or something. also i dont know what the kids today think is fun to do.
GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
doublea114

um you pretty much hit it divine. being a teen, i enjoy anything that is sports wise and video games are a big one. thats too bad you dont date. oh well eh, just not your thing
Old 05-29-2008   #4
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

i'm too old for that crap
i would rather sit at home and play video games, or drinking games or just watch a movie with the person i am seeing, which is pretty much what i do right now with Mr. X
Old 05-29-2008   #5
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
if the girl is an idiot the best thing to do is run, far far away. if the guy is an idiot look forward to being felt up or at least given lame lines to get you to sleep with him.
Personally i think dating is out. i haven't been on a "date" in years. i just hangout with my guy and we play video games or go eat or something. also i dont know what the kids today think is fun to do.
hm.. *nods* I feel that what most people consider dating is best left for yuppies and people who feel like they need to have their minds distracted by other things in order to convince themselves there's some kind of connection. If you want to get to know someone, talk to them.. you can usually tell if there's a connection in as little as ten minutes. It seems to me that a lot of times people don't realize that if they need to occupy themselves with something else while on a date, it usually isn't worth their time. What matters is that you can have a good time with someone no matter what you're doing.

But that's just been my experience.. although I might have no idea what I'm talking about.. I've had too much caffeine to really concentrate that well... so who knows.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #6
doublea114

Quote:
hm.. *nods* I feel that what most people consider dating is best left for yuppies and people who feel like they need to have their minds distracted by other things in order to convince themselves there's some kind of connection. If you want to get to know someone, talk to them.. you can usually tell if there's a connection in as little as ten minutes. It seems to me that a lot of times people don't realize that if they need to occupy themselves with something else while on a date, it usually isn't worth their time. What matters is that you can have a good time with someone no matter what you're doing.

But that's just been my experience.. although I might have no idea what I'm talking about.. I've had too much caffeine to really concentrate that well... so who knows.
I agree to that completely. there is nothing in there that I dont agree with. what i meant by first date is when you and your bf or who ever your seeing are going out together for the first time, finally going public with your relationship i guess.

I'm sorry, Im still blown away with what you said, thats the first time I have ever heard, or read anyone say something like that cuz i agree with it. thats exactly how I feel, but high school relation is shallowed out though. it pathetic. if he's not good looking, why bother? me i go after smarts and love. if you aint got love, dont think of me ever again lol. sorry if that sounds harsh but remember, im pure evil lol.
Old 05-29-2008   #7
GoddessDivine

love is becoming phased out. your lucky if you can find it
Old 05-29-2008   #8
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

There's no "format" for a first date.

My girlfriend and I had been friends from work, but we'd always flirted and I guess had a little bit of a "spark." I quit working there and we didn't talk for months, then I got her number from a mutual friend and we started texting. And text flirting. A lot.

So I surprised her at work and asked if she wanted to go see a movie or something when she got off. We went to McDonald's and then the movies. I asked if she wanted to go out again. We did. We've been "going out" for two months now. The other day she introduced me to someone as her boyfriend.

I don't know if that longish personal story answered any of your questions, probably not. Lul.
Old 05-29-2008   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

actually you would think of the guy running from her if she's an idiot. I dont know how long I could put up with her...but typical male isn't going to care that she's an idiot. it just means easy game.

dont take her anywhere. take her ass to Burger King and buy her a "love-shake." she wont know the difference.
then take her to a spot around the city, dont take her to your house, and get your mack on. then take her ass home and tell her you will call her soon. which you wont.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #10
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
actually you would think of the guy running from her if she's an idiot. I dont know how long I could put up with her...but typical male isn't going to care that she's an idiot. it just means easy game.

dont take her anywhere. take her ass to Burger King and buy her a "love-shake." she wont know the difference.
then take her to a spot around the city, dont take her to your house, and get your mack on. then take her ass home and tell her you will call her soon. which you wont.
You know, there are those of us out here who're guided more by our minds than our dicks.. but you wouldn't know what that's like, would you?

Though I have to say that you're probably getting way more pussy than I am, so gung-ho, desperate-girl fucker! If your wake up one day wondering where your self-respect went, that intelligent chick who engages you mentally, challenges your beliefs, and doesn't immediately put out is holding onto it. *salutes*

..was that rude? I'm not too sure of what's coming out of my fingers right now.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #11
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

What I would do on a first date and what sane people would do on a first date are two entirely different things, but whatever:

1) Stay out of comfort zones: don't go to one house or the other, or to one's pub or the other's. Go somewhere where neither of you has home court advantage so that the date will start on even ground.
2) "Dinner and a movie" is entirely overrated. You can't talk in a movie, and the first date should really be about getting to know each other's personalities, not snogging in the back row.
3) For me? A great first date would be something outdoorsy: rock climbing, hiking, speed skating, snowshoeing, chasing reptiles, visiting the zoo (though I suppose that would be home court advantage for me)... something interesting and not cliche.
4) Know your date: I had a guy try to take me to a chocolate factory turned restaurant, and I'm allergic to chocolate (not a first date, he should have known better). Find out her/his interests, dislikes, etc, and do try to conform to them. Later dates can push boundaries of comfort (girly girl hiking, perhaps?)

Meh.

My relationship track record is not great... so your best bet is probably to ignore everything I said.

Also, if she's an idiot... just don't.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87 View Post
You know, there are those of us out here who're guided more by our minds than our dicks.. but you wouldn't know what that's like, would you?

Though I have to say that you're probably getting way more pussy than I am, so gung-ho, desperate-girl fucker! If your wake up one day wondering where your self-respect went, that intelligent chick who engages you mentally, challenges your beliefs, and doesn't immediately put out is holding onto it. *salutes*

it would be rude i guess if that were me. but since it isn't what do i care what you say about me? that's not me.

I can't stand idiot girls. I like the challenge of intelligent women. Hell, I've turned away girls who put out on the first meeting. I don't want that shit. who knows where they have been....just disgusting. if anything, i play the role where i get mad at them for thinking im going to give it up to them. they haven't even taken me on a date yet! if a girl wants this, she's gonna have to pay for my dinner and take me to a hockey game. lol

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-29-2008   #13
doublea114

Quote:

this is how i function, I joke like crazy, use my brain and not my "fucking" personality.
Quote:
2) "Dinner and a movie" is entirely overrated. You can't talk in a movie, and the first date should really be about getting to know each other's personalities, not snogging in the back row.
um movies are terrible dates cuz you ignore the other person for like 3 hrs cuz if u talk or do anything else, you get bitched at.

Quote:
1) Stay out of comfort zones: don't go to one house or the other, or to one's pub or the other's. Go somewhere where neither of you has home court advantage so that the date will start on even ground.
I like that idea. thats a real good point to make. I would think more of a walk or bike ride somewhere and then sit and just be together talking for a lond period of time surrounded by what ever the two enjoy as their surrounding. me, it would be nature probably. parks are good.
Old 05-29-2008   #14
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what you do, if you get her back to your place, when she walks in the front door, you have to slam it shut after her, lock it quickly and cackle "WRONG MOVE SUCKER HAHAHA!"

Guaranteed to get you laid.

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #15
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Tom and I still go out on "dates" even after being married for awhile now.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #16
Clamps
Meka Leka Hi Meka Hinny Ho!!

Clamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to behold

Whatever you decide to do always have a few back up plans. There is nothing worse that planning to go out with a guy and for whatever reason things don't work out with the original idea. I hate it when I guy goes.. well what do you want to do.. where do you want to eat.. what movie do you want to see.. If you are suggesting the date you need to have the ideas of where you are going. Atleast for the first date after that who cares.
Clamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #17
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

THis is what you do... when you meet her, walk up to her and say "Get down on it!" If she agrees, good... if not, run to the nearest girl and scream "Get down on it!" Now, this girl is likely going to scream and possibly hit you with something, but that's okay (If she says yes, good for you!)... all you really wanted to do was make Girl 1 think she had competition.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
i'm too old for that crap
i would rather sit at home and play video games, or drinking games or just watch a movie with the person i am seeing, which is pretty much what i do right now with Mr. X
Oh shut up.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #18
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sa'alyg

My first date was a coffee shop that me and the girl agreed upon because it was close to both of us, but she'd never been to it before. Then we went to eat, but she's vegan, so it was basically just me talking to her between bites. And then we went to the park and walked around, talked for about two hours. Then we went to her car and she shared her musical interests with me. It lasted about seven hours and we learned so much about each other. Minus dinner, that's what I would do, if I were you. I still eat too much when we go out. XD

Click above to visit The Easytoon Place
sa'alyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #19
GoddessDivine

[quote=Emperor Chaos;297626]THis is what you do... when you meet her, walk up to her and say "Get down on it!" If she agrees, good... if not, run to the nearest girl and scream "Get down on it!" Now, this girl is likely going to scream and possibly hit you with something, but that's okay (If she says yes, good for you!)... all you really wanted to do was make Girl 1 think she had competition.

yeah, dont take this advice.
Old 05-30-2008   #20
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

that's not a bad idea actually...making the girl think she has competition. jealousy could rule in your favor or utterly backfire in your face.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina