Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discussion related to technology, computers, and the internet.

Old 05-29-2008   #1
doublea114

doublea114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to doublea114
modding

general discussion about modding. ANYTHING.

The xbox 360 gets alot of attention from modders cuz its so fricken easy. most modding is revolved around adding LED's, bigger hard drive, and a different case. while there are those who completely take their 360 off on a wild adventure.

you see Ben Heckingdom, I think thats his last name. He made 2 xbox 360 laptops. that is an example of extensive modding. its real nice, youtube it. It makes you jealous and wish you had one lol.

A real rediculous mod is the Wii laptop. ugh. its so small and why would u anyways. the wii requires a large amount of space, mostly.

so if you are into modding or want to see something done with a certain piece of hardware, list em and I might just be crazy enough to do em and send you feed back.
doublea114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87
Re: modding

I thought you were talking about software modding, which I just recently got into... but I've never been to interested in modding consoles.. I don't have the time or money, nor do I see the point in doing said things. *shrugs* Seems like a waste of a $400 console to me..

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
doublea114

yes true. but no i mean soft modding as well. talk about it, do tell. if you got stories, i'd love to hear em. I enjoy all modding. take halo for pc for example, I destroy that thing with mods that it crashes sometimes lol
Old 05-29-2008   #4
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Well, I just got into it.. so I'm mainly just doing some basic tweaking with the interface of games and such. I've yet to start doing anything serious, or any unit/map creation, etc. Maybe when I have more time(and I'm not too busy destroying people on GTA IV ) I'll look into it some more.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #5
doublea114

It is a really good area to get into because you become bette at creative thinking and problem solving. The more you do it, the more your imagination is able to run freely. LOL. If you want basic, I can line up stuff for Halo for the PC. very simple stuff, like copy and paste, easy. but it also goes very extensive hard. Like. for example, if you wanted to change what a gun shoots, then its copy/paste. if you want to add a veihcle into a map that doesn't have it, then its hex editing and whole bunch of other stuff.

Oh, photo editing in games are real easy to do. especially for halo. let me know and if you ever stop playing GTA IV , *shakes head* lmao,

anyone else, modding in regards to anything, could be your car, could be your toaster, (WTF?!?!?!), could be your computer, what ever you have
Old 05-29-2008   #6
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I'd really like to get into console modding but I don't own any consoles. My friend has an XBox but he'd never let me touch it because he believes I broke two PS2s.

The truth is that I repaired the first PS2, but the power ribbon snapped. So we sold it. The second PS2 had stripped screws, I never altered it. So we sold it.

I may make mention of the fact that I was both incredibly drunk and sleep-deprived when I attempted my alterations; I also think that's why he thinks I was irresponsible with the consoles. Anyway... I'd like to try again... maybe I'll take out my old Playstation and try to mod it.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #7
doublea114

yeah chaos, totally go for it. a simple mod is just adding LED's to it to make it look kool. Thats the purpose of modding. Maybe replace the case. Put the hardware into something that would confuse the hell outa someone.

lol, xbox case that has a ps1 in it. your friend would walk in and say hey, how about some xbox. You'd be like, no thats my ps1 and then things would be different lmfao
Old 05-29-2008   #8
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Wow, you're the first person to call me "chaos" on here.

That's significant because Chaos was my first screen name, about 14 years ago. The Emperor part arrived three years later.

-=-=-

No I wasn't saying mod my PS1 into an Xbox. I'd like to mod it to play burned games. I don't want to mod to make something look cool. I'd rather mod to make my console play something that I don't technically own. =P
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote