Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 06-10-2003   #21
DEATH BY STEREO
Trainee Member

DEATH BY STEREO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DEATH BY STEREO
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrice
I like the way you think. We should start a band
I agree. You rule.

DEATH BY STEREO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003   #22
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
This album is horrible.

eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003   #23
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for that enlightening comment evil, your opinion has been noted down and someone will get back to you, if and when, we can be botherd to do so................

.......seriously though to say the album is, and i qoute "horrible" is one thing, but to not justify your answer really is somthing quite appalling...., why do you think this album sucks?........
Old 06-11-2003   #24
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
Believe me, I wanted this to be their "comeback" album, but now, I know that will never happen.

I think it is ironic that the same band that spearheaded the anti-download/napster battle who called the downloaders "thieves" and spoke of their "stealing" music are the same band that goes to San Quentin Prison to shoot thier first video for real theives, murderers and rapists.

AM I missing something or are these guys complete hypocrites? They are so worried about donwloaders on the principle of "stealing" but think it is cool to perform for the real deal??? These guys have to be the biggest sellouts ever and I have no respect for them at all.

This album is by far the most poorly produced major release that I have ever heard. The first thing I noticed was the snare that sounded like a bongo. I can't put my finger on anything else but it just didn't sound crisp.

The lyrics are weak and James sounds like someone trying to sound like James. The music isn't even on par with Load and Re-Load. I didn't hear one riff or solo that got my juices flowing.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003   #25
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
well each to his own opinion really, agreed this album is not their best but i for one don't really give a shit as they are still the best metal band around and there are plenty of people here on AS who feel the same way.........
Old 06-16-2003   #26
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Yeah pshycosis, it's Bob Rock (the producer) playing bass (although James played some bits too), But Rob plays on the DVD, and he does a fuckin good job too!!!

Jason has said in an interview that Bob Rock is shit on bass, and that he couldn't play any old metallica shit because he wasn't good enough.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #27
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
What??? Slamming napster and playing in a prison have nothing to do with each other. That's probably the lamest comment i've ever heard

Also, the vocals are awesome, especially on 'St. Anger' and 'Shoot Me Again'

They're never gonna make another eighties sounding album. I know that's what some people want but the fact is, it aint gonna happen, because it 2003 and they've moved on.

I know you have your right to an opinion, and i'm not trying to slam you or anything, it's just that i dissagree, no hard feelings dude.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote