Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 05-28-2008   #1
doublea114

doublea114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to doublea114
HELP KINDA WOULD LIKE IT

ok, I was up til 1230 last night writing this thing for my dad cuz he's being ordained as a deacon next weekend and i was wondering if i need any fixes or changes, your opinion is valued and not all things are taken in and made done. it is going to be said during supper infront of 200 people, live people, not dead. I am very comical when speaking.

ok here it is
-----------------------------------------------------

dad, I have been watching you for 4 years and in 4 years have you ever changed the slightest in multiple ways. You'd think he'd act different around the house or around other people because he is a deacon. Well, infact being a deacon is no real change at all. Am I wrong?

Over 4 years you have changed the slightest in many ways. Becoming a deacon, have you changed in your physical appearance? Your action? Sure, you might have gained a few because of the hour spent driving to Toronto and another home. You sat all day and learned by a teacher dictating. Hmm. You think you have changed in mentality? That cuz your a deacon now you are smarter? or wiser? I'd like to think so. No, you haven't changed at all in the way you think, speak and act. Do you think that being a deacon is a job or extra curricular activity? If yes then I should sit down.

Being a deacon is a lifestyle. This is your greatest change that affects a multitude of people that you interact with on a daily basis and those who you see on a rare occasion, more rare than this one. Even people whom you do not know are affected by the choice you made 4 years ago. Is it good? is it bad? That is no one's job but yours and obviously, since you have continued your journey through thick and thin, that it is a good thing. hmm, I think it is a very good lifestyle to walk or run, jog, bike, etc. On. Only if you are happy with what you have achieved today. The mile and a hald journey that you walked on to get here spawned friendship, devotion to your God, memories, a whole shibang of things. It is not about getting that piece of paper that says, Shawn Panio, ordained deacon. Frame it by the way. No, it is about the lifestyle you are embarking on since you first made the choice of starting the process. It is about the people you have met, everything that has occurred in you walking this path to deaconship. Never forget who you are or what you stand for. You may have changed the life you have by a step or miles. but you are who you are and nothing else. That is the lesson I need not to teach you but all those who are drained and lost into a world of distraction.

People often forget who they are because the beomce something by worldly input. Sure, you may evolve over time because of people who we interact with but as long as we hold onto our real self and remember who we really are. I'm not saying stay shy forever, explore once and a while. My father did and look now, an impressive deacon. due to the people he has met and the series of randomly generated and not unfortunate events, he has not forgottong who he is or where he is from. he still remembers that he is a Saskatchewan boy from Montmart (mo * mart) A small town of like what 10 20 people. (really 200) at the most. No, he has not forgotten who he is because he has rejected material possesion and worldly distraction which is the media at its best.

He's not a hero or a superman wih wings and powers. No, he is a loving dad, caring husband, dedicated catholic, loyal friend and now, God's messenger to the greater common public. Don't change for any dark reason. Just because you are a deacon doesn't mean GOd won't send you to hell for being something you not or do something wrong. he will do what he has to do. May your God put a blessing of all the angels, saints, earth peoples and himself, involving the trinity, upon your soul so that you will remain as yourself for an eternity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats it. srry for the longness. let me know
doublea114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #2
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP KINDA WOULD LIKE IT

Quote:
Originally Said by doublea114 View Post
ok, I was up til 1230 last night writing this thing for my dad cuz he's being ordained as a deacon next weekend and i was wondering if i need any fixes or changes, your opinion is valued and not all things are taken in and made done. it is going to be said during supper infront of 200 people, live people, not dead. I am very comical when speaking.

ok here it is
-----------------------------------------------------

dad, I have been watching you for 4 years and in 4 years have you ever changed the slightest in multiple ways. You'd think he'd act different around the house or around other people because he is a deacon. Well, infact being a deacon is no real change at all. Am I wrong?

Over 4 years you have changed the slightest in many ways. Becoming a deacon, have you changed in your physical appearance? Your action? Sure, you might have gained a few because of the hour spent driving to Toronto and another home. You sat all day and learned by a teacher dictating. Hmm. You think you have changed in mentality? That cuz your a deacon now you are smarter? or wiser? I'd like to think so. No, you haven't changed at all in the way you think, speak and act. Do you think that being a deacon is a job or extra curricular activity? If yes then I should sit down.

Being a deacon is a lifestyle. This is your greatest change that affects a multitude of people that you interact with on a daily basis and those who you see on a rare occasion, more rare than this one. Even people whom you do not know are affected by the choice you made 4 years ago. Is it good? is it bad? That is no one's job but yours and obviously, since you have continued your journey through thick and thin, that it is a good thing. hmm, I think it is a very good lifestyle to walk or run, jog, bike, etc. On. Only if you are happy with what you have achieved today. The mile and a hald journey that you walked on to get here spawned friendship, devotion to your God, memories, a whole shibang of things. It is not about getting that piece of paper that says, Shawn Panio, ordained deacon. Frame it by the way. No, it is about the lifestyle you are embarking on since you first made the choice of starting the process. It is about the people you have met, everything that has occurred in you walking this path to deaconship. Never forget who you are or what you stand for. You may have changed the life you have by a step or miles. but you are who you are and nothing else. That is the lesson I need not to teach you but all those who are drained and lost into a world of distraction.

People often forget who they are because the beomce something by worldly input. Sure, you may evolve over time because of people who we interact with but as long as we hold onto our real self and remember who we really are. I'm not saying stay shy forever, explore once and a while. My father did and look now, an impressive deacon. due to the people he has met and the series of randomly generated and not unfortunate events, he has not forgottong who he is or where he is from. he still remembers that he is a Saskatchewan boy from Montmart (mo * mart) A small town of like what 10 20 people. (really 200) at the most. No, he has not forgotten who he is because he has rejected material possesion and worldly distraction which is the media at its best.

He's not a hero or a superman wih wings and powers. No, he is a loving dad, caring husband, dedicated catholic, loyal friend and now, God's messenger to the greater common public. Don't change for any dark reason. Just because you are a deacon doesn't mean GOd won't send you to hell for being something you not or do something wrong. he will do what he has to do. May your God put a blessing of all the angels, saints, earth peoples and himself, involving the trinity, upon your soul so that you will remain as yourself for an eternity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats it. srry for the longness. let me know
Improvement in spelling, grammar and capitalization would help.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
doublea114

do you really think that fucking spelling and captilaztion makes a fucking difference here, i am saying this before people, not fucking giving it out to people so they can read along. grammer, dont even start shit with me on that, its how i talk, its from my fucking heart, and I put this here to see if anyone thinks i should add or take out something

warning for all who read this topic, dont fuck around saying grammer and shit like that is fucked up here, tell me if i should add or subtract anything, no smart ass remarks, this is serious buisness
Old 05-29-2008   #4
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

You wanted help and suggestions. If you aren't going to take and learn from constructive criticism, then don't ask.

And by the way. You've been here for like two days. So don't tell off members that have been here and earned their respect for several years.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

he said he was going to say it in front of people, danielle....but i did the same as you and didnt read it anyway lolz.

i'm sure it will be a wonderful speech and your pops wont disown you anytime soon.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #6
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

the only way to get better is to learn from your mistakes. you can ask for advice but it is your choice to take it.
you seem to repeat yourself in the first and second paragraphs, aside from grammar, you might want to think about including the audience in the speech or play to them as well. it seems like you are having a conversation with your dad with all the question asking. this is just my opinion and that is all it is...
GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #7
doublea114

GoddessDivine, that is what I wanted. ok, thanks for the tip on the first 2 paragraphs, I will look into that. thanks again

i know ive been here for two days, but come on, you can't change the way someone talks can you? in real life can you change the way someone's speech is by telling "hey, stfu and change how you talk cuz its real annoying." i dont think you can.

sorry for flying off but school today was just gay. so apoligies for flying off the high bar
Old 05-29-2008   #8
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

sometimes its hard to tell if people are being dicks or sincere online. its best to just overlook some posts and chill before responding. god knows i have made an ass out of myself for overreacting more than once
GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #9
doublea114

Quote:
sometimes its hard to tell if people are being dicks or sincere online. its best to just overlook some posts and chill before responding. god knows i have made an ass out of myself for overreacting more than once
I know how that feels. It was how I got booted from this other forum, 2 years ago.