Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 05-22-2003   #21
razmella
Well Known Member

razmella has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to razmella
Or how with Lord of the Rings they wanna make money like Lord of the Rings did so they have it running from year to year.
Old 05-23-2003   #22
boreduroysuit
Very Experienced Member

boreduroysuit should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to boreduroysuit Send a message via MSN to boreduroysuit Send a message via Yahoo to boreduroysuit
Its a damn good idea too. They make you wait but not too long, so the suspense is killing you. They make a killing in the first week everytime!
Old 05-27-2003   #23
sideburns78
Newbie Member

sideburns78 is an unknown quantity at this point
For those who were confused by, or missed a lot of what the architect said, a transcript of his conversation with Neo is located here: http://www.theantitrust.net/articles...?articleid=108
sideburns78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003   #24
TelexII
KomoriKage

TelexII has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to TelexII Send a message via MSN to TelexII Send a message via Yahoo to TelexII
That was a kick ass movie! I loved it! The only problem is that I forgot to watch the first one again since I hadn't seen it in over a year I was confused a bit untill I remeberd all of the charicters. Anyway the 3rd would be somthing to look forward to! But why did they have to end the 2nd that way! Grrr...O well it's not that bad.

~*~
"Epic fail!" "NO, No Epic!"

TelexII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003   #25
tomt

tomt has made a few great posts
okay, as much to be an awkward bastard as anything else, and to present another point of view, i really did not think that the sequel was up to the first film.

i'm not sure what it was. i think that perhaps there was too much talking (despite most of the characters not really *saying* anything for the most part. particularly for what is at least in part intended to be an action movie. the only conversation that really did make you think was that towards the end, when neo meets the architect who finally starts to talk about about something sensible in depth, rather than raising a load of (pop-psychology "what-is-reality?" that the first movie did to death) questions and not answering them properly.
perhaps it tries too hard. trying to paint a picture of an entire counterculture fighting a war against the evil machines is good, but there's got to be more to this underworld than a few ship's captains (that we get told nothing about) and a load of tribal dancing. sure, neo is meant to be the one, so yeah, the movie focuses on him but please, the other characters have got to be good for more than driving cars.

actually, the whole chase scene is the other really good part about the movie, for once the special effects are used properly and not just for the sake of it as it sometimes seemed (agent smiths anyone?). and as for "superman"? yeah, whatever.

okay, so i will go see the next part. i do want to know where it goes, and the special effects will just keep on getting better, but i just don't think that this installment was really near the first part.
Old 06-01-2003   #26
TelexII
KomoriKage

Send a message via AIM to TelexII Send a message via MSN to TelexII Send a message via Yahoo to TelexII
Actully the movie leaves you wondering how he was able to use his power outside the matrix. But in the process sending him into a coma. Could there possably be anouther matrix outside the matrix it's self? Or was it pure coqensadence?

~*~

Old 06-01-2003   #27
C0nR0cks

C0nR0cks is an unknown quantity at this point
they're plugged in all the time i think. neo realised that and that's how he was able to use his powers. i think the reason he got hurt was because maybe he got zapped by the sentinals.
C0nR0cks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003   #28
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
there is an oracle, i guess, but the oracle is just a computer program within the matrix. since the oracle is a program, written by and for the computers, the oracle actually is just a control mechanism to keep the humans under the machines' power. the architect is just a program as well. what i DON'T understand is why neo said not to believe the oracle but believed the architect. both of them could be lying to keep the humans under control. i think the main theme of this movie is: control mechanisms.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003   #29
rich101682

rich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to rich101682
I have thought that there is a Matrix inside of he Matrix since I saw the first movie. Think about it: If these machines are so smart that they can enslave the entire human race, don't you think they would have a back up plan in case some of them "escaped" the first Matrix? The end of the movie confirms what I've been believing for years. That's the only way Neo could have done what he did to the sentinels.He only has power when plugged into a computer, and therefore, he is still in a Matrix inside the original.
rich101682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003   #30
TelexII
KomoriKage

Well guess we'll have to wait until the third comes out to know for sure.

~*~

Old 06-03-2003   #31
rich101682

rich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to rich101682
Yeah, but that's only a few months away as opposed to a year or even three (Star Wars)
rich101682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003   #32
TelexII
KomoriKage

Whats up with those Starwars movies anyway? They take so long people forget about them unless they are loyal fans but still. Anyway I heard about "Animatrix" could anybody tell me what that is?

~*~

Old 06-03-2003   #33
razmella
Well Known Member

razmella has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to razmella
I dont really like the starwars movies they seem boring to me. But if you like the movies thats ok. I just have my own opinions. But lord of the Rings i can see why they have sequels like that I love lord of the rings.
Old 06-03-2003   #34
TelexII
KomoriKage

Me too! Legolas is my fav.!

~*~

Old 06-03-2003   #35
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
The Animatrix, which lets top Japanese, Korean, and U.S. animators like Shinchiro Watanabe of "Cowboy Bebop" make short films set in the Matrix universe. It's extremely violent and extremely clever, mixing in all sorts of styles to show the battles between humans and robots, fill in back story on Trinity or simply get down to some really cool fight scenes.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003   #36
TelexII
KomoriKage

Ok cool! So basically it's like a side extra for the matrix animated?

~*~