Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 06-03-2003   #1
rosie-cheeked
Weird.

rosie-cheeked is doing greatrosie-cheeked is doing great
Send a message via Yahoo to rosie-cheeked
Is It Me, Or Are Reality Shows Going Overboard?

OK...MTV has them, Fox has them ABC and any other acronym for a frickin' channel. From Real World to the Bachelor and Married by America. To me, reality isn't when someone follows your every move with a camera 24/7 and puts it on TV...either way, you know America's watching so they aren't natural either.

Is it me, or has the US gone completely bonkers with all these reality shows? Are all of them bad? Which one's do you think are the worse? Which one do you like? Are there too many? What is everyones opinion??
Old 06-03-2003   #2
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
Reality TV is the craze nowadays.

I personally like "The Amazing Race". Because of the race, and time contraints, I don't think these people have time to act for the camera.

I hate ALL of the bachelor or bachelorettes show.

I secretly enjoy Real World and Road Rules though.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003   #3
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
Well I personally love the 'Real World', it is the only reason I do not block MTV on my cable box. That and Surf Girls, which I would like to nominate as the greatest TV show ever created. I love nothing more then to watch girls in very little clothing in water, it deserves an Emmy.

The rest of the shows are pointless, and play on the stupidity of Americans, which to me is a slap in the face, I don't like being manipulated.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003   #4
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0
Yeah, I agree. I asked myself the other day "when's this gonna stop" ? My dad said "Whenever people stop watching them".
so -

reality tv will never end.
Old 06-03-2003   #5
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
yeah that stuffs pretty gay. TV stations like Comedy Central has noticed and they've made some fake commercials like "Handicapped House" and "While You Were Drunk" and they looked like they were gonna be funny as hell but then at the end of the commercial they said, "get real". But it was a good idea while it lasted and they should consider carrying it out. Anyone seen them?

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003   #6
rosie-cheeked
Weird.

rosie-cheeked is doing greatrosie-cheeked is doing great
Send a message via Yahoo to rosie-cheeked

I personally like The Osbournes and Real World...but that's b/c Real World has been on for years and was one of the first reality shows ever. They had it on like 10 years ago if I remember correctly...And the Osbournes...well, just b/c Ozzy's the greatest and with his family, they are a hilarious trip!

And that's about it...unfortumately JayHay was right...they will never end...until someone finally complains enough!!!
Old 06-04-2003   #7
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

2kte4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2kte4u
#1: You shouldn't be watching MTV unless it's for the show Undressed. MTV needs to understand that they're a music video television station...maybe one day they'll realize it and go back to showing MORE music videos and less reality crap.

#2: How many of us are actually going to get married in Alaska? Or date someone wearing a mask and then marry them? What if some idiot is pressing button #3 to make us marry some a-hole? Being single on an island hopefully to hook up with someone that's hot and let the whole U.S. see! Yep, that's in my future plan

It's the only culture some people have left
2kte4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #8
SpAz
God is a sock.

SpAz has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz
all im gonna say is that they are all re-fucking-tarted.
SpAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003   #9
geminijoe28
Well Known Member

geminijoe28 is on a distinguished road
i have always like the real world...remember when that guy slapped that chick that got wacko?? whoa! but other than that i did hooked on survivor but i got tired of it and it's other sequels...i dont like that reality shows keep gettin copied from other reality shows..be original dammit..remember when "who wants to be a millionaire" was being copied by everyone else? that died quickly tough..hopefully reality shows as well...xcept for the real world
Old 06-05-2003   #10
raven_rose2911
Well Known Member

raven_rose2911 is just really niceraven_rose2911 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to raven_rose2911 Send a message via MSN to raven_rose2911 Send a message via Yahoo to raven_rose2911
All I want to know is whose Reality is it? I mean how many people are willing to be married by america or be a survior? It is just way too old now!
May I never forget the greatest love I ever knew...let me be brave in my attempt to piece my shattered heart back together again...what I wouldn't give to see your sweet face just one more time. Oh my dearest love how my heart aches for your tender touch. I will always love you. You will always be "MY BOO".
IN MEMORY OF
JACKSON BLAZE HARRIS
OCTOBER 11th, 1983-OCTOBER 15th, 2004

raven_rose2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003   #11
SpAz
God is a sock.

SpAz has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz
if reality was me on some island with like 50 single totaly sexy to the core chicks that i could bone in an instant.... i wouldent waste all my time that i have already wasted here
SpAz is offline   Reply With Quote