Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 03-29-2014   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Earthshakes

Dude, there's been like 2 earthshakes in the like the last 2 weeks, or some shit. Supposedly, not more than 20 minutes ago, there was a 5.0'er in Northern Orange County. Not sure how much more North you can get when it's just a fukn cluster of cities around OC.

ANyways, there was another 4.0'er like 2 weeks ago or something. I forget how long ago, but it was recent enough.

I HAVE FELT NONE OF THEM.

The first one was in the morning at 630am, woke my mom up, I slept thru it to wake up at 645 for work.
Second was 20 minutes ago. Nothing. Although, I do remember hearing a faint noise in the background. As if the Earth was grumbling. I thought nothing of that sound, because it was probably a plane, or the train, or stupid cars driving around. But I can kind of scare myself, if I think it was the faint sound waves of a city 2 hours away being shook up by the Earth.

Fuck hurricanes, fuck tornadoes, fuck fires, and blizzards... because... Fuck earthquakes!

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #2
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Earthshakes

Nigga please the ground shakes and you're all up in a panic? Tornadoes are way worse, maybe a tsunami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you're not standing around anything tall that can fall on you earthquakes are pretty survivable aren't they?

Also yes I know a tsunami is caused by an earthquake. Maybe that gives it some points over and above tornadoes.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #3
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. It's just the west coast trying to escape from America.
Old 03-29-2014   #4
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Kent View Post
Don't worry. It's just the west coast trying to escape from America.
One day...

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature View Post
Nigga please the ground shakes and you're all up in a panic? Tornadoes are way worse, maybe a tsunami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you're not standing around anything tall that can fall on you earthquakes are pretty survivable aren't they?

Also yes I know a tsunami is caused by an earthquake. Maybe that gives it some points over and above tornadoes.
Fool, you know when a tsunami or tornado is coming.

You can hear the Earth roaring. It's loud. You get a slight case of nausea from the shifting. They can last up to minutes at a time. And just when you think it's over, an after shock is on the way.

Lol if you're house doens't collapse (and it really shouldn't because of construct laws,) the earthquake shakes everything off your shelves and breaks all your glass lol

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-02-2014   #6
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Some bigger earthquake just struck the coast of Chile, 5 dead, Tsunami warning and evacuations were issued.
Old 04-02-2014   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Yeah pretty scary. I think it was a 8.2 or some shit. I didn't feel it lol.

Another thing about earthquakes being a bigger deal than any other natural disaster...

Earthquakes happen when you are sleeping!!!

Of all the earthquakes I've felt since I was born, they all happened when EVERYONE is asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsunamis and tornadoes can suck my balls. Anyone who isn't scared of earthquakes is lying and is probably the first one screaming, "we're gonna die!" when the earthquake is happening.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-03-2014   #8
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Man, fuck Earthquakes. I bet it would make me feel pretty uneasy - what with the good solid soil I'm so used to being stationary moving and what not.... but I would wager I would be much more scared of a tornado whipping fence posts and cows at me. Or a wall of water as far as the eye can see and tall as a sky scraper relentlessly encroaching upon me. Fuck that, what about a hurricane? Gale force winds and shit knocking down buildings faster than any earthquake could with rain that feels like acid eating through your skin. Stop being a sissy diablo.

Old 04-03-2014   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature View Post
Man, fuck Earthquakes. I bet it would make me feel pretty uneasy - what with the good solid soil I'm so used to being stationary moving and what not.... but I would wager I would be much more scared of a tornado whipping fence posts and cows at me. Or a wall of water as far as the eye can see and tall as a sky scraper relentlessly encroaching upon me. Fuck that, what about a hurricane? Gale force winds and shit knocking down buildings faster than any earthquake could with rain that feels like acid eating through your skin. Stop being a sissy diablo.
Fool what are you talking about? The people of hurricane katrina had a week to evacuate. You can predict weather patterns and pretty much guarantee a tornado and issue warnings to give people 20 some minutes to go underground.

Tidal waves don't just happen. None of that shit just happens. You need an earthquake to make a tidal wave. You can see tornadoes forming and hurricanes aka extreme weather, approaching on radar. All of those natural disaster allow you time to move. It's not, oh shit, a flood is drowning an entire city! No. It's an earthquake happened, razed all the buildings in the city, killed everyone and now a flood takes precedence.

Earthquakes just happen. Especially when you're sleeping. There is no warning. If it's an 8.0 quake, it doesn't rumble a little bit and then get stronger. It hits at 8.0 and can last up to minutes at a time. And that's not even it yet. There's aftershocks which can be just as strong, but most times a little bit softer, like 7.0. You could have 20 3.0's every 5 minutes. There is no warning and there is no where to hide. So yes, Fuck earthquakes. Thank you.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Last edited by psychoDiablo; 04-03-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2014   #10
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Hahaha got your feathers all ruffled.

Yeah man an Earthquake would suck. So would polio.

Old 04-11-2014   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

No more earthquake talk until it happens again and the news won't shut the hell up about a stupid missing plane.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina