Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 06-04-2003   #1
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
Poor Deftones

Has anyone seen what Chino said in a magazine about Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Metallica? Sure the guy is coming out and saying what he wants, but he is slamming his tour mates pretty hard. As far as Linkin Park, they suck alot, so its ok to make fun of them. LB and Korn aren't all that hot either, but Metallica?

I think Chino should hush up, because there new album is right above horrible. It is like there sophmore slump album, it is simply not good. I just can't see how you can talk all that shit, the album is selling because Minerva is a good single and White Pony was a masterpiece. Summer Sanitarium will suck, Lollapolloza will be the tour to catch, especially with Jane's Addiction coming back, fuck they rule.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #2
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0
lollapaloozaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Yeah - I saw an interview where Chino said they really didnt want to be on that tour because the deftones don't want to be "in the same category" as all the other "metal" bands. Dude - get a clue . . . you ARE in the same boat. He needs to think before he talks next time.
Old 06-04-2003   #3
geminijoe28
Well Known Member

geminijoe28 is on a distinguished road
hmmmmmmmm...i've honestly never heard a single song by the deftones xcept for the korn/deftones "wicked" cover..

i read the interview and i wouldnt be surprised if all the bands ganged up on him and kick his ass..

maybe it's the fact that they havn't had "huge success" as the other bands their bashing??

maybe it's jealousy??

or maybe all bands should just shut up and play their damn music!!

it seems everyone's always after someone

korn-limp bizkit

limp bizkit-slipknot

stp-linkin park

deftones-other rock bands

arrrrrrrr...these bands need to quit their shit talking and actually do something about it...fight dammit!! just don't kill no one..i dont wanna see a 2pac/biggie thing again!!

now that i think about it, it be cool if like all of a sudden while on stage, the deftones and metallica or korn, etc started like fightin in front of everyone!!!
Old 06-04-2003   #4
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

2kte4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2kte4u
Limp Bizkit sucks ass....they use to be all cool...now they're just uhh rap?

It's the only culture some people have left
2kte4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #5
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
your ALL wrong on the deftones album. (in my humble opinion)

1) minerva is without doubt the worst deftones song yet

2) HOWEVER, as an album, the new one kicks some serious ass, it just takes a lot of listens, its very diffrent, but very very good.

3) the deftones dont fit into the same catogrie as the other bands on that tour, simple as that. they are far more progressive, musically intellectual and advanced than the other bands there.

4) the deftones are posibily the best band ever. they need a few listens, but they are truley, truley amazing.
Old 06-04-2003   #6
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
The new deftones album is very good.

Whoever said "It is like there sophmore slump album" has no idea what they are talking about, especially since this is their 4th album. Sophmore jinx refers to an artists second album after a successful first album.

When the deftones first came out, they were associated with Korn, Limp Bizkit etc. They purposely distanced themselves from these bands because they didn't want to be mainstream crap ie. korn and limp bizkit.

Even Jonathan Davis of Korn admits this and says with their next album, they want to go the route of the deftones and work with them so more.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #7
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
I am not saying the Deftones suck, not at all. They are way better then the other bands except Metallica. I would never label them as best. Rage, Tool and NIN go there before Deftones for me.

And all I meant with sophmore slump was that this album had that kind of vibe. When a band has a good first album, they try to diversify and show that they have grown, changing the sounds of there next/sophmore album. Deftones did that with this new one, I know it is there 4th album, I own them all. But White Pony is a staple in music collections, they tried to go away from it a little and I don't think it works. So yes I know what I am talking about, you just didn't get what I was saying.

And lets never compare STP with Linkin Park, because Dean DeLeo can actually play guitar, Linkin Parks guitarists sucks dick.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #8
eviloutsider
Trainee Member

eviloutsider is on a distinguished road
Daniel,
I see what you are saying now.

When I first heard the new one, I wasn't sure I like it. Since then, I've been listening to it quite a bit. The more I listen to it, the more I realize that this new disc is pretty damn good. It almost sounds like a cross between Around the Fur and White Pony.
eviloutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #9
fake_15

fake_15 has made a few great posts
I think the new cd is awesome. With Minerva I also like Battle-Axe, Lucky You and Anniversary of an uninteresting event.
Cartman: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Actually, what I said was... [picks up a megaphone] HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS?
fake_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003   #10
geminijoe28
Well Known Member

geminijoe28 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel

And lets never compare STP with Linkin Park, because Dean DeLeo can actually play guitar, Linkin Parks guitarists sucks dick.
i didn't compare them..i was just naming some bands who were "tauntin" each other...sorry if i confuised anyone but i didn't mean to compare them or any other band..just the bands who are at each other's troats
geminijoe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003   #11
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Hey everyone.

I don't really care what band members have to say about other bands. The main thing is the music. I think the deftones album is damn good, and that's all i care about.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003   #12
zack
Trainee Member

zack is on a distinguished road
now deftones sounds different i think that their best album was " Adrenaline" and the song "seven words", the song minerva is too slowly
zack is offline   Reply With Quote