Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 11-22-2004   #1
John Deere
Very Experienced Member

John Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost Smart
MothBalls in your gas

Ok, i know its true that putting naphthalene mothballs in your gas tank will increase your octane level, and therefore horsepower.... but only on a carburated motor... my question is has anyone done it before?? People have said they havent seen mothballs with naphthalene in them for a long time, because they have been replaced with different chemicals, and whatnot, and that you have to get just pure naphthalene, bla bla bla.... BUT! i went to the dollar store today, and saw "Clothing Freshener Balls" so i was curious.... i took a look, and to my surprise, the active ingredient was Naphthalene . So anyways my plans are to go get some tomorow, or maybe the next day, and im gonna try them in my tractor hehe. Does anyone know if i have to like crush them or anything first? or if theres like some special treatment i have to do to them?? i just dont wanna end up doing it wrong and clog up the gas lines or destroy my tractor haha, oh, and how much do ya think i should add to the gas? i heard somewhere to put 5 per gallon.... and the tractor holds about a half a gallon of gas.. so im thinking somewhere between 1 and 3 just to make sure hehe, comment, suggestions? please?? lol

According to my sources, theres no reason why it shouldnt work in a tractor hehe if i do end up doing it, ill post sounds or a vid or something
Old 11-22-2004   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: MothBalls in your gas

Why would you, uhh, want to make your tractor go faster? More crops?

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #3
John Deere
Very Experienced Member

John Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost SmartJohn Deere is a knight of Almost Smart

lmao naw, see i dont use my tractor for actual... ya know.. tractor work, i drive it like... well... somethign that isnt a tractor heh plus its neat to just fool around with it, like doing burnouts on sheets of plywood, and towing a trailor with friends on it down the street... plus im kinda hoping with the higher octane fuel and no exhaust itll shoot nice flames out of it hehe, i like to experiment i already found out it will do wheelies on ashphalt, and that doing wheelies will break the steering linkage lmao, so who would know what advantages higher octane fuel will have on it
Old 11-22-2004   #4
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Oh....wow....You're a bigger hick than I am.
Old 11-22-2004   #5
John Deere
Very Experienced Member

lol thank you hehe, but now that ive got my short hair, i cant be as much of a hick as i used to be :(
Old 11-22-2004   #6
John Deere
Very Experienced Member

Well anyways, if i end up doing it, ill post about it later