Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 04-18-2004   #21
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike
Re: Mortal fucking Kombat.

I used to play it on Sega when I was young and it wasn't that great. Probably because is was on Sega.
Old 04-18-2004   #22
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

wtf, probably cuz you sucked.

fuck snes. it was all about the genesis. MK2.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004   #23
J.C
KanadianKiller

J.C is a splendid one to beholdJ.C is a splendid one to beholdJ.C is a splendid one to beholdJ.C is a splendid one to beholdJ.C is a splendid one to beholdJ.C is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to J.C

Info courtosy of J.C.......please pay at the next reply
--------------
Midway officially announces its next MK title on February 27th in a press release. The game will be called Mortal Kombat: Deception (legally trademarked on January 7th). From the press release:
"Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading software industry publisher and developer, today announced that the official title for the new version of the world-renowned fighting game franchise will be Mortal Kombat: Deception. Mortal Kombat: Deception is currently in development and scheduled to ship fall 2004 for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft."
"Shocking and evil, Mortal Kombat: Deception pushes martial arts-style fighting and the Mortal Kombat franchise to new heights with an innovative fighting system, unparalleled depth and brutally intense action that will appeal to long-time Mortal Kombat fans as well as next-generation gamers. The game features lightning-fast hand-to-hand and special weapons combat, secret and returning characters, moves and combinations with new death-dealing battles and fatalities."
"Mortal Kombat: Deception promises to take this revolutionary fighting franchise to an new level", said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "With a host of new features including multiple fatalities per character, multi-tiered interactive backgrounds and extensive new game modes, Mortal Kombat: Deception will set a precedent for all other fighting games to follow."

- Prospective release date is Fall, 2004 for the XBox and Playstation 2 game consoles. These dates always change, however.
- Midway launches the official MK: Deception web site, which contains a flash intro and the exclusive GameSpot uncensored video trailer of Deception's story and some gameplay footage of a stage fatality.
- The first render from MK: Deception was of Baraka, first revealed at the Mortal Kombat Online site.
- Though still surrounded by much debate, the game looks as if it will not be released for the GameCube system due to no online capabilities and lower sales of MK: DA on the Nintendo platform. The game will also not be released for the Game Boy Advance.
- New features include a storyline that picks up where MK :DA left off, multiple fatalities per character, new game modes, multi-tiered interactive backgrounds, realistic damage, multiple stage fatalities, better weapons and unarmed combat styles, background weapons that are usable and very powerful, and more.
- MK: Deception is capable of online play!
- Konquest mode is much more detailed. You start as a customizable monk, going through as many as 6 villages and completing tasks and lessons to build up your skills and powers to create your own customized warrior, with the help of characters like Bo Rai Cho. You can then use this warrior to fight in the game or online. There are many secrets hidden in this mode as well.
- Each character also has a Hari-Kari move - a suicide fatality!
- The April, 2004 issue of PSM magazine has a ten-page spread revealing the first big updates for MK: Deception, which also graces the magazine's cover.
- IGN.com has posted many articles and pictures pertaining to the game.
- GameSpot also has in-depth previews of the game, along with the MK: Deception trailer video available for download
- The new mini games appear to be a chess-like strategy game, and a game that resembles Tetris/Puzzle Fighter... MK style.
- Confirmed returning characters: Baraka, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Mileena, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sindel, and Kenshi.
- New characters: Hotaru and Ashrah (female Raiden look-alike).
- Confirmed backgrounds: Beetle Lair, Slaughterhouse (with the meat grinder stage fatality), The Netherbelly (inside of the Nethership in MK: DA with hanging corpses that can hit you and people that can grab at you), and Sky Temple.
- Areas in stages that can be used to your advantage are marked in green; danger zones, or "death traps", are marked in red, which can lead to in-round stage fatalities.
- The boss is rumored to be the Dragon King.
- Midway recently held a Gamers Day conference, where it showed off its 2004 lineup of new video games and media. MK: Deception obviously took a front seat at the event, illustrating the new and better direction Midway is taking in the industry. Check all this out at Gamespy.
- Updated news about the new Konquest mode is available at Playstation.com.
- ** Videos **:
1.) Mortal Kombat: Deception Trailer Censored
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/co...r_censored.wmv
2.) Mortal Kombat: Deception Trailer Uncensored
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/co...uncensored.mpg
This is all the MK: Deception news for now "in a nutshell". Due to time constraints, however, the MK Empire WILL NOT UPDATE FREQUENTLY WITH MK: DECEPTION NEWS UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT! As a result, I urge people who want daily updates to go to sites like TRMK.org, DavesMK.com, or Mortal Kombat Online (who seem to get news and information before Midway can even speak of it). These sites also have many previews, screenshots, and magazine scans of MK: Deception already available for viewing. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 04-18-2004   #24
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

psm mag. that's where i read it.

what a great game. thanks JC for all thos enlightening words. haha

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-18-2004   #25
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
wtf, probably cuz you sucked.

fuck snes. it was all about the genesis. MK2.
I'm sure you had me confused with your mother when you said I sucked...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg malvo2.jpg (31.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-19-2004   #26
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

them be fightin words.

is that a challenge?

this fall, prepare to die.

oh, we shouldnt get onto mom's because i've been on yours all day.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-21-2004   #27
Fenon
Very Experienced Member

Fenon is just really niceFenon is just really nice

Cool Night wolf is back. He was one of the best ones.
Old 04-23-2004   #28
There'll be a way
Well Known Member

There'll be a way is just really niceThere'll be a way is just really nice

Quote:

oh, we shouldnt get onto mom's because i've been on yours all day.
*snigger*
Its refreshing to see an origianl mom joke be executed.
Old 05-11-2004   #29
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by MystikA
I hope you can play as Liu Kang in this game.

dude! i forgot all about that fucker. probably cuz they 'killed' him in the last one. that was sorry.

liu kang better be in the game. even if we must unlock him. he's a forgotten favorite. though i never liked him. stupid liukang. HEEAHHHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Said by There'll Be A Way
*snigger*
Its refreshing to see an origianl mom joke be executed.
ah haha. yes yes, the momma jokes. think i rmemeber them from the 6th grade. that's like my fav to use, cuz then no one talks shit.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-12-2004   #30
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
liu kang better be in the game. even if we must unlock him. he's a forgotten favorite. though i never liked him. stupid liukang. HEEAHHHHHH!!!
yeah lui kang better be there...been so long since I done the bicycle kick of his with that cool scream/shout he made as he flew across the screen....haha that was great fun....
Old 05-12-2004   #31
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

or that stupid flying kick and his damn fireballs. stupid computer. he cheats all the time.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-05-2005   #32
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Mortal Kombat crafted my childhood and part of my early adolescence.
It's the epidomy of pointless acts of violence, which in turn has warped my innocent mind and spread the seeds of chaos to all parts of my extended family. All in all, I LOVE IT, no matter how many sequels Midway sends us.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #33
paperwings

paperwings is a glorious beacon of lightpaperwings is a glorious beacon of lightpaperwings is a glorious beacon of lightpaperwings is a glorious beacon of lightpaperwings is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to paperwings Send a message via Yahoo to paperwings

ahhh good times...
i remember Mortal Kombat and killer instinct...
i dont think i would have as much fun playing them now though
Killed by the weakness, but forced to return. Turn it OFFFFFF" - AFI - death of seasons
paperwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #34
Fox
poolshark packleader

Fox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divine

Yeah I used to be a big time gamer. But now adays I really can't play them.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #35
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Fox
Yeah I used to be a big time gamer. But now adays I really can't play them.
youre weak Fox. listen to yourself when you say that.

Mortal Kombat has to be the best fighting game ever. Who else is going to let you kill your opponent? Street fighter is wussy shit. that game should be for little kids.

I miss Shang Tsung though. that fool was dope.
i wonder what happened to him and Quan Chi?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-06-2005   #36
Fox
poolshark packleader

Fox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divine

Whoa. Hey, I'm not weak I just don't spend as much time playing them as I used to. In the last 6 months I've bought 1 or 2 games. Since I don't play them as often I'm just not as 1337 as I used to be. I did like MK:D though.
Old 01-07-2005   #37
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Fox
Whoa. Hey, I'm not weak I just don't spend as much time playing them as I used to. In the last 6 months I've bought 1 or 2 games. Since I don't play them as often I'm just not as 1337 as I used to be. I did like MK:D though.
lol yeah fool im just kidding. relax.

eh, you should quit working and buy some games. : P

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-07-2005   #38
Fox
poolshark packleader

I have concidered the thought. What good games are there?
Old 01-07-2005   #39
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

umm

Freedom Fighters is fun. Very.
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. this game is too fun. Usually you get the best play with more players. there's a bunch of races and shit too. Nothing better though than the Figure 8 Jump Race. and there's also a Battle. you can launch chickenbombs at each other. ha.

Eh, you could try out Manhunt. pretty fun killing game. slashing throats, bashing brains all over the place, and u can even use a machine gun. Ever wanted to know what it's like to hit someone with a hammer? In the face?

Hit up Mortal Kombat Deception. i personally think it's great.
And if you got time, you'll play GTA:San Andreas.

the games i'm waiting for:
1-11-05 - Mercenaries.
2-16-05 - Brothers In Arms , i think i'm going to buy this the day it comes out.

i just bought Champions of Norrath. some rpg hacknslash game. it's pretty fun. occupies a good amount of time. if u like that sort of stuff

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-08-2005   #40
Fox
poolshark packleader

I've got Manhunt. Its decent.

Champions of Norath is kool I have played the demo a long time ago.

The rest of those i'll check out thanks