Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 03-27-2010   #1
Munroe
Banned

Munroe is doing greatMunroe is doing great
May 21, 2011

Radio bible teacher Harold Camping claims that next year will be the end of the world and it will arrive on May 21, 2011. He knows exactly what he's talking about because he's been studying the good book for over 50 years. I know he is right about this, there's no question about it. This is good news though because it will be the end of all bad things happening in the world. So my advice is, enjoy whatever you like doing while you can, whether it be drinking, smoking weed, coming to this site, or maybe all those things at the same time, because it's almost over.
Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #2
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: May 21, 2011

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I'm only wondering how Peter Griffin would respond to this?
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #3
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

Psychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm I always figured the end of time would be more an august time of year...and more I duno a whole rounded number...like the 10th or 16th..

oh well..nevermind..

Psychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #4
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

The end of time will take place in the year 70783 A.D.
Please warn your childer and grandchildern, so they can warn theirs, and on and on and on and on and on
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #5
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

Psychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
The end of time will take place in the year 70783 A.D.
Please warn your childer and grandchildern, so they can warn theirs, and on and on and on and on and on
pfft...like im gonna bother...someone else will do it for me

Old 03-27-2010   #6
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

thank god (lol) we atheists have nothing to worry about.
Old 03-27-2010   #7
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

yea we don't have to worry bout hell fire an that...just the evil empire enslaving the galaxy but we all know some plucky rebels will rise up and defeat them!!...wait have I been watching too much star wars? lol

Old 03-27-2010   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

i hope a giant asteroid smashes into us, so we can all sit back and relax.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #9
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

The thing about being a true prophet is, your predictions kind of have to come true, so...there's always that. Also, as a Christian, they shouldn't even be happening in the first place. Ever. At all. For any reason.

Guess Harold Camping's kind of a skimmer:

Matthew 25:13: "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

1 Thessalonians 5:1-2: "Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."

Acts 1:7: "He said to them: 'It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.'"

Mark 13:32, Matthew 24:36, Isaiah 40:13....

What, what's that? "Take a guess, you can figure out the end of all days!" is that what it said? Oh yeah. *Casual laughter*

*Sniffs* Anyway. Sorry to interrupt. Asteroids. Evil empires enslaving the galaxy. Please continue.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #10
Munroe
Banned

Dammit! Those prophesies of 'not knowing when the end will be' were just for those days back then. God told Daniel he has sealed the book until the last days. He let Noah know the exact day of the flood didn't he. But worry not, because the good news is, Harold Camping teaches there's no eternal punishment and we all get to stay dead. So I'm certainly not going to plant a tree. And if anyone is in collage then my advice is you might as well drop out.
Old 03-27-2010   #11
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

..and lets all sell our goods and donate the money to our religious leader(s), living all together on a huge farm to await the eternal salvation ..

oh.. wait..

Actually, to be serious, there had so many 'prophets' out there in the past, and will be in the future, telling the world will end every now and then, at least once each decade. What makes you think he is special or the chosen one telling us the date of everyones ending besides all the thousand of others, that obviously had been wrong with their prophesy. Just wondering.

..or do I need to take the whole thing meant to be sarcastic?

Anyways. I doubt the almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster will let any harm happen to its children. Not today, not in future, and especially not on May the 21st.. Simply because of the reason the stripper factory in heaven wouldn't be able to provide a stripper for everyone at once.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #12
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

munroe, what about the other prophecies that are supposed to be fulfilled first?
Old 03-27-2010   #13
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

Quote:
Originally Said by Munroe View Post
And if anyone is in collage then my advice is you might as well drop out.
clearly you already have
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #14
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Silly me. I was always under the impression that the end of everything would occur in about 5.5 billion AD when the Helium Pop in the sun's core ends the sun's life as a Main Sequence star and starts to change into a red giant...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

lets ask the real prophets before they all blow themselves up lol

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #16
Munroe
Banned

Dammit! All the other prophets didn't study the good book like Harold Camping has. He studied it for 50 years and prayed for wisdom all that time. God said ask for wisdom and He will give it. Do you think after a man asked for it all that time, God would allow him to be deceived?
Old 03-27-2010   #17
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Quote:
Originally Said by ablethevoice View Post
Silly me. I was always under the impression that the end of everything would occur in about 5.5 billion AD when the Helium Pop in the sun's core ends the sun's life as a Main Sequence star and starts to change into a red giant...
Genius! The end of the world will be May 11, 5500002010! Guess we better all drop out of collage!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sj-collage.jpg (297.0 KB, 87 views)
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #18
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

Quote:
Originally Said by Munroe View Post
Dammit! All the other prophets didn't study the good book like Harold Camping has. He studied it for 50 years and prayed for wisdom all that time. God said ask for wisdom and He will give it. Do you think after a man asked for it all that time, God would allow him to be deceived?
Wait wait...so your saying this Harold whats his face...ASKED for wisdom and got it?..

thats pretty sucky, I mean if your gonna ask for anything its gotta be for free pizza...did this man know nothing?? jeezloueez!

Anyway...Mr Doom sayer person...shut up now...the world did not end in year 2000 (granted that was a technical thing not religious but still) it did not end on the 6th of june 2006...(666)..and it will not end next year...most life will probably be mass eradicated in a few hundred years time due to us screwing the planet up with fossil fuels and what not..have mass climate shifts and other such things..

Old 03-27-2010   #19
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

has god really ever talked to anyone? like, i want to know what god has said.
Old 03-27-2010   #20
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

Quote:
Originally Said by Princess Jasmine View Post
has god really ever talked to anyone? like, i want to know what god has said.
kill everyone...kill everyone...kill everyone...kill everyone...

wait...the voices in my head are god aren't they?