Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 08-01-2008   #21
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Almost Smart Convention 2009

^Maybe you could ask to move in with Tyler. That would be the next step in crushing his soul.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #22
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
^Maybe you could ask to move in with Tyler. That would be the next step in crushing his soul.
If PD goes to the AS Convention 2009, someone should be sure to take pictures of him before anyone has a chance to hogtie him and put him a taxi's trunk on the way to the Eastern Shore :.)

Hmm. Maybe EC too.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #23
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

lol can i do the tying of both? i would be so happy!!!
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #24
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

no one is tying up anyone, unless someone wants a bottle broken over their head and then stabbed in their gut. K?! >:|

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-01-2008   #25
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Transportation from the airport shouldn't be a problem as we have so many resident Coloradoans. It's a twenty minute drive for me... picking people up would be fine... as long as you're not a psychopath. Or call me chick.

I'll give you rabies.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #26
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
no one is tying up anyone, unless someone wants a bottle broken over their head and then stabbed in their gut. K?! >:|
Hey you, blindolded, in the pink tutu on the pink unicycle with the conductor's hat and antlers juggling flaming ben wa balls and wearing pointy elf slippers with bells on the toes, no one asked for your input. So shush or foxyphoenix may give you rabies.

I could pick up someone up from O'Hare or Midway if there's a long layover, or if they just want to see Chicago on the way there or back.

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
Old 08-01-2008   #27
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

foxy, Punk Tinker Bell, Weasel, Hamana, and I just got back from two days in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We stayed in a place called Castle Mountain Lodge http://www.castlemountainlodge.com. foxy and I were talking about how it might be a great place for the convention. It's a little pricey, but the cabin we stayed in slept 13 (there's also another cabin that sleeps 10 with a smaller cabin attached that sleeps another 6). The cabin we slept in was $500 per night, but with up to 13 people sharing the cost, it really wouldn't be too much. It was very comfortable - air conditioning is not needed because it is up in the mountains which get cool at night. There was a full kitchen with dining area, a fireplace, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms had 2 queen-size beds in each room, and the third bedroom had a queen-size bed and a twin. Also, there was a sleeper sofa in the living room area. It was right next to a mountain river and Rocky Mountain National Park is only a few miles away. Estes Park is pretty, too, kind of touristy, but if people like to shop for souvenirs, it's a great place to hang out. Estes Park also has an aerial tramway, a mini-golf place, go-karts, etc. Also, the Stanley Hotel, one of the places where "The Shining" was filmed, is just down the road. During our time in RMNP yesterday, we saw deer, elk, moose, and marmots. Also, lots of chipmunks, which Susi calls "nut-eating animals." What do you think? (Estes Park is less than 2 hours drive from Denver. I used foxy's mother's minivan to haul up people and Eric and Susi drove up the Weaselmobile.)
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #28
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

That sounds like a great deal. Bryan paid about $300 per night for a much smaller cabin and one tent site.

Old 08-01-2008   #29
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

i love that idea. beds, running water, count me in, dont really care what has to be paid a night as long as there is a comfortable place to crash
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #30
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
Hey you, blindolded, in the pink tutu on the pink unicycle with the conductor's hat and antlers juggling flaming ben wa balls and wearing pointy elf slippers with bells on the toes, no one asked for your input. So shush or foxyphoenix may give you rabies.
Ha!
that's quite a bit to be said. i say you should take it easy. i dont want you passing out from all that exhaling. you're liable to fall down and break a hip. but dont sweat it...you're wearing Lifealert!

Madre: Yes that sounds great. For mine and those 21 and older's sake, is there a bar near by? So you know, the adults can escape some of the kids for a while...

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Last edited by Madre; 08-03-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2008   #31
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Full kitchen? If you guys prepare a menu I'll do all the cooking. I'll have completed my 1st year of culinary I wanna test my skills out.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #32
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
Transportation from the airport shouldn't be a problem as we have so many resident Coloradoans. It's a twenty minute drive for me... picking people up would be fine... as long as you're not a psychopath. Or call me chick.

I'll give you rabies.
I don't mind the rabies.. and I'll only call you chick on Thursdays. Prease??? *crosses fingers*

The one this year t'was rather enjoyable, and I imagine the larger number of people next year will make it all the more fun. Nonetheless, I'll be coming.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #33
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

ha matt funny. dickishly funny, but still funny. of course there should be bars. and i'd be interested since i've learned to hold my drink. :P
Old 08-03-2008   #34
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god

Quote:
Originally Said by scarrednstoned View Post
ha matt funny. dickishly funny, but still funny. of course there should be bars. and i'd be interested since i've learned to hold my drink. :P
That's great Jasmine you've finally accomplished the ability to hold a cup filled with liquid without dropping it as soon as you pick it up, very good.

Old 08-03-2008   #35
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady
If people save about $75-$100 a month for this next year
Psh, I don't plan on spending more than 5 dollars.
3 dollars for a backpack and 2 dollars for soda. It's gonna be a long walk

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #36
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, orgoth.

/lame jokes. :-P

who's going to play bartender if we don't go to a bar?
Old 08-03-2008   #37
Orgoth
Mod In Training

I couldn't resist, I knew it was lame when I typed it. As for a bartender I'm taking mixology and hope to have my bartender license by the summer.

Old 08-03-2008   #38
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

ha mixology is great. and i was wondering if someone would make the cheap joke. :-P
Old 08-03-2008   #39
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Damn straight it's awesome, they're gonna teach us how to make 60 drinks in 9 days, the final exam is mixing 18 drinks in 12 minutes.

Old 08-03-2008   #40
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

how will you do that? and i didn't know there were that many different mixed drinks.