Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Marijuana etc...

Marijuana etc... Marijuana, shrooms, tobacco, beer. Wanna get high?

Old 11-18-2007   #1
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete
The Five F words of addiction.

The five F words of addiction are fun, frolics, fear, facts and face-off.

I thought it best to post this in to this thread as it seemed the most apt. Before I go on I want to make sure that people realise I am not saying one joint leads to heroin or one drink leads to destruction, there is no correlation between one drug and another. The user was simply searching for an experience that was not found with the lesser drugs he may have tried.

I have a condition I realise that is part of one drug that is legal and celebrated. I feel however that this principle can rise over boundaries and drugs to affect us all.

Stage one
Fun

You go to the pub and do what everyone else does. You get pissed on beers and spirits and you have a great time. This is what you do and everyone around you is doing it. These times seem the greatest of your life as you remember great moments that have happened due to drinking and the relapse of social responsibility in the company of your friends.

Stage two
Frolics

You are given a reputation for being the best at the drug you do, be it drink, weed, coke or whatever. You become someone that is able to perform party tricks with the amount of what ever you do to be done in a social circle that finds you a place within them. You can amaze them with the amounts that you can hold. Others are doing this substance but not as much as you. You hold dear to you as a sign of being remarkable that others somewhat revere you as some kind of idol for being able to do such feats. You know that your exploits will be used to diminish others’ exploits through friends when another person wishing to fill your shoes tries something in your absence.

Stage three
Fear

The realisation hits you that whilst you carry on what you are doing, others around you in your life are moving on and you are stuck in the stagnation that is your life. You read reports on facebook and hear things from your friends about how their life is moving on and what the are achieving right in front of your nose and you go on to realise that this thing you wanted to be is the one thing that you were warned against all of your life. If your parents or loved ones knew what you are now. The one famous for being able to do the most of a certain drug then you would never be able to look them in the eyes again. Other people carry on in their education are doing their part, making families, earning money and becoming decent members of society whilst all you do is cling on with the people that shared your trait.

Stage four
Facts

In desperation you look at what you are doing to yourself and realise that its not what you are doing to yourself its what you are doing to those around you. Do a good deed and go without that certain thing you use all the time and you only hurt those around you by being the biggest idiot and nastiest person you could ever hope to be to them. They wonder where it all went wrong but never tell you and you start to have dreams where they are leaving you or you are constantly running after them but can never catch them. They will soon realise that there are better things for them to do but you can never realise that until you have seen them leave for the last time. You are now close to hitting rock bottom. Ever gone home and told your parents or your loved ones what you were up to whilst trying to gain a drug induced coma, no, as you are ashamed of your own very being. The facts are what you are doing is killing you and its killing your loved ones, family and soul partners, what’s worse is that they can see it every day as it kills you more and more and they want to leave you to let you know that you are losing all. They can not bring themselves to do it but all they want to do is show you the way to rock bottom. They just cannot as like every disease they think that you will get over it, this is the point where your disease becomes contagious and starts to kill those around you. The fact of this thing you do is that it does not kill you fast enough as you so wished in your shattered and depleted mind but it drives those around you to the disease and they suffer more than you ever could by seeing such potential die as you immerse yourself deeper and deeper in to denial, you are killing the loved ones that are trying to pull you from the brink every moment they share with you and all you can do is act so bad towards them that you hate yourself every moment. Something must be done.

Stage Five
Face off

You lock yourself away from the world knowing something must be done but every time you go home you realise that you find yourself in the same bar or den and for all the hard work you did you are still nowhere nearer what you want. You just need people to realise you are trying but it doesn’t matter anymore. All forms of decency have been lost in the wake of rumour and you must go forth and beg forgiveness from those you met in your times of being nothing but a pestilence on this planet.

Conclusion…

Be careful what you do in life and make sure that when you are proving something to other people with intake you are not trying to prove something to yourself as you feel you are worthless.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #2
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Five F words of addiction.

Thats sad. Its the sad truth...

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #3
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Quote:
Originally Said by pittielynn View Post
Thats sad. Its the sad truth...
Its not a personal account, just observational.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #4
me inside
Finally We Are No One

me inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divine
Send a message via MSN to me inside

Thats utter non-sense. Why? Cause its way too emotional. Actually, it depends on how you view it socially. Yes people who do not do drugs (beloved ones) are going to view it negatively. Its what society has been teaching, more like fucking brain washing! Where governments abuse that, planting and manufacturing an escape for the weak. As for me, ive been "unclean" for almost 3 years now, doing what ever i tend to do socially, with excellence~

Softly seething, surreal breathing..
Ignite the cannon with sphagnum lanthum..
Laud the armies of diphthongs with your superannuating Diphtheria..
And I will ever be your combustive tablature of igneous geometries.
me inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #5
Xaquery
Trainee Member

Xaquery has made a few great posts
Send a message via MSN to Xaquery Send a message via Yahoo to Xaquery

Quote:
Originally Said by me inside View Post
Thats utter non-sense. Why? Cause its way too emotional. Actually, it depends on how you view it socially. Yes people who do not do drugs (beloved ones) are going to view it negatively. Its what society has been teaching, more like fucking brain washing! Where governments abuse that, planting and manufacturing an escape for the weak. As for me, ive been "unclean" for almost 3 years now, doing what ever i tend to do socially, with excellence~

That doesn't make it non-sense, that just means that when we find your corpse because of a drug overdose we'll know you thought yourself as this "God" that he just spoke of. Emotions cause reactions, without them the world be a dead place, therefore it can't be nonsense because it has to much emotion, it makes perfect sense because it has emotion. And not everyone who doesn't do drugs view all drugs negatively, just the ones that make you smell bad, look bad, die, the ones made out of rat poison and drano, etc. And if you're smoking pot, considering yourself excellent and/or unclean, you riding in the same boat as about 1/4 of the world's population, or more, doesn't make you all the excellent....

We have memories so that we may have roses in December. - Me
Xaquery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

nah, too much emotion is nonsense. straight up. you can have all the emotions you want, but sooner or later you're going to have to shut up about it.

I thought the whole piece was actually funny. Maybe it was because it was too emotional. Maybe because it's written by someone who hasn't done drugs. And if they have- they weren't just smoking pot everyday.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #7
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

^What he said.

Food for thought:

If cigarettes are legal, and they have been proven to kill you, why do you think they are still being sold?

Marijuana has been considered an illegal drug for a long time now, with millions (billions?) of dollars being spent enforcing marijuana laws and supporting people in prison with marijuana related offences.

Marijuana is now medicinally legal. The companies that are contracted to grow it are legally allowed to supply short term permits for smoking their individual companies product. They tax the shit out of it.

The government (my opinion) is soon going to altogether eliminate smoking in order to save face for lieing to the masses earlier about the health consequences of smoking. Marijuana will be introduced as a healthy alternative with little to no negative side effects. They will tax the shit out of it. Good for the economy, but bad for the masses? I don't think so. If the government thought they could get away with taxing and selling crack cocaine I have no doubt in my mind they would.

Marijuana isn't bad, it's been here since before we existed. The shit we've cooked up in our evil-bake ovens is what kills us.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #8
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to misfitchris

wtf?

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
misfitchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #9
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

A very observant comment Misfitchris. 3 letters and a ?. Thank you for participating in this thread.

They should legalize it, but legalizing drugs is something I've thought good and then had second thoughts about. As a libertarian, I want to legalize all drugs, but then I think again and I'm not sure that people are responsible enough to handle drugs without getting addicted and screwing up all society.

any thoughts?

(BTW, I would be for legalization of MJ in an instant, but it's the heavier ones that I worry about.)

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #10
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to misfitchris

I was drunk when i wrote that. I'm all for drug legalization. I take the backing of the philiosophy of Szasz in his "The Ethics of Addiction." better?

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
misfitchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #11
Imsodumb
Newbie Member

Imsodumb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Said by me inside View Post
tru that brother, I know tons of people who have not drank or done any drugs and are truly ignorant (as I used to be) to the joys letting go can give you. Im not judging them, im just saying that you dont know everything because youve never done drugs or alcohol
Imsodumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #12
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

If one needs to alter their state of mind to "let go," then there is something to be had there.

What this world needs is impossible; destroy all of these substances and destroy the human desire to seek pleasure where pain and consequence lurks nearby.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #13
Fetus-of-1986
Well Known Member

Fetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to allFetus-of-1986 is a name known to all

Fickle
Fondle
Fiend
Forcefeed
Fragment
Old 01-20-2009   #14
d0wd3m0n
Newbie Member

d0wd3m0n is on a distinguished road

wow lol.
d0wd3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #15
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Auric View Post
What this world needs is impossible; destroy all of these substances and destroy the human desire to seek pleasure where pain and consequence lurks nearby.
Even if all mind- and body-altering substances were destroyed, the desire to seek pleasure from pain and consequence will still exist within the human species just as it always has.

And it will manifest itself in the sinews of war and violence or, in the case of pacifism, in masochistic tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Said by d0wd3m0n View Post
wow lol.
Thank you for your input Dow Jones Demon. How are the stocks holding up?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #16
SketchImpressions
AlmostSmart Goddess

Location: In a house, in the forest, in a strange land where people wear flannel.
SketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond repute

Altering our state of mind to seek some higher level of internal understanding is a practice that exsisted well before clothing. there are some deep reasons why. even animals use plants to alter their state of mind or body.

i belive the chronological order of your list is mostly right. but it is not the set path for everyone, as you addressed. I think its a rather sad path you chose to observe. some people do just fine functioning in their lives and society with a bit of herb-age lubrication.

i smoke pot for tons of reasons. most of which many other people share.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

What we have is socialism for the rich and trickle down economics for the rest of us. I am part of the 99% of Americans left outside of Economic Elite circles...
SketchImpressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #17
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

Quote:
Originally Said by SketchImpressions View Post
Altering our state of mind to seek some higher level of internal understanding is a practice that exsisted well before clothing. there are some deep reasons why. even animals use plants to alter their state of mind or body.

i belive the chronological order of your list is mostly right. but it is not the set path for everyone, as you addressed. I think its a rather sad path you chose to observe. some people do just fine functioning in their lives and society with a bit of herb-age lubrication.

i smoke pot for tons of reasons. most of which many other people share.
This argument is old, if you smoke pot and someone tells you they think you are stupid for doing it then tell them to fuck off. You do not have to explain to anyone or justify that what you are doing was not thought of as wrong way back in the day. Those same tribal people without clothes smoking to get to a higher level also had multiple wives...does that justify polygamy? All i am saying is just get off the whole "well people have used it for ages to..."

really if someone wants to tell you what you are doing is wrong, just tell them to piss off. It's your body and your choice, you do not have to explain or justify anything
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #18
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
. Those same tribal people without clothes smoking to get to a higher level also had multiple wives...does that justify polygamy?

really if someone wants to tell you what you are doing is wrong, just tell them to piss off. It's your body and your choice, you do not have to explain or justify anything
ok, going backwards. first, i ban thee dana, for saying choice. you are promoting abortion by doing so.

then secondly, yes. they needed the larger families to work the land they had, and to give them more children, to work the land. there's always something large to gain financially from taking on multiple women (or was...or is still in those types of communities where group effort is needed).

Quote:
Originally Said by sir auric
If one needs to alter their state of mind to "let go," then there is something to be had there.
it's not about needing it. it's about a feeling you enjoy. like sex, is something you do because it feels good. but then again, people used to think female sexuality was non-existant as well, and sex was just for having babies. damn you blasphemer!

Quote:
the world doesn't need anything. different groups on the globe, yea.
also, some people enjoy pain and consequences.

What about caffeine? Nicotine? Caffeine can trigger mania. So if someone who's got mental illness (like bipolar) drinks caffenated drinks, are they harming themselves and causing pain and suffering?
Old 01-21-2009   #19
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^i do promote choice and abortion. do what you want, imo. Personally i think half the people that keep their children should not have, whether abortion or adoption they should have done something.

The only time i have a problem with making the choice to have an abortion is when i see that same girl slutting it up at the bar, then there should be the choice to have that person sterilized
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #20
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

gah. it was a joke. that's why i just went ahead and closed the tab in the other thread instead of posting anything else.

anyways, this is about drugz.