Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 05-29-2009   #1
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute
Bad Parenting

Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby on scooter.jpg (48.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg licking beaters with blender plugged in.jpg (38.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg parents who deserve to be eaten instead of their kids.jpg (64.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg baby buggy behind scooter.jpg (40.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg toddler weapons training.jpg (89.6 KB, 23 views)

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #2
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bad Parenting

Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby feeding daddy beer.jpg (48.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg baby feeding raccoon at zoo.jpg (65.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg baby on scooter in carrier.jpg (47.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg baby in trunk.jpg (59.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg baby shopping cart with beer.jpg (39.9 KB, 17 views)

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
Old 05-29-2009   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

lol i like that kid witht he shopping basket buying heineken!

that's a neat pic. i dont see how a kid next to beer is bad parenting though

or trying to teach your kid how to point, aim, and shoot a gun.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #4
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

1. Babies and beer don't go well together in any way I can imagine.

2. I'm all for guns, but toddlers with guns is mindless. I sure hope it wasn't her mom taking the picture. There's nothing that little girl can learn at that age with that particular gun. She could barely hold it and I don't see a silencer. Developing ears don't need to be around noises like that. They don't make ear protection specifically for toddlers at gun ranges. Firing ranges usually have age restrictions for good reason too.

Absent philosophical considerations, common sense based on physical aspects alone dictates that man doesn't think well before acting; therefore he has no business being with toddlers and weapons in the same place at the same time. Loser. If he handed that gun to her for a second he'd be lucky she if she didn't shoot him in the face and think it was funny.

Old 05-29-2009   #5
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

i think spanking is wrong and started a debate on it once or twice and got boo'ed by everyone.
Old 05-30-2009   #6
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

I know a couple of kids at Walmart last week that could have used a nice spanking. Right there in front of everyone, I'm sure that would be the LAST time they throw a tantrum in the store.

Some parents need to be taught how to discipline their out of control brats. Tom witnessed a 3-4 year old attack a lady when his dad was trying to introduce him to her.

Alex threw a tantrum once at Ralph's grocery store, he laid on the floor, bawled his eyes out, kicking and waving his arms - full scale assault. I walked away and turned the corner at the end of the isle. When he realized he couldn't see me no more, he stopped got up and came looking for me. Never did we have a repeat of such behavior.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #7
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

I figure each to their own. Parents who don't go overboard with it seem to be able to make spanking work some times, but in retrospect it seems to have more to do with the rest of their parenting skills and the kids themselves. I believe spanking and physical discipline gets more credit than effective parenting does, but I also believe a spanking can get attention when needed. There are also some kids that nothing seems to work with.

The pictures above were only posted because Mike emailed them to me. There were a few others that are much worse but it isn't prudent to put them here.

Old 05-30-2009   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
1. Babies and beer don't go well together in any way I can imagine.

2. I'm all for guns, but toddlers with guns is mindless. I sure hope it wasn't her mom taking the picture. There's nothing that little girl can learn at that age with that particular gun. She could barely hold it and I don't see a silencer. Developing ears don't need to be around noises like that. They don't make ear protection specifically for toddlers at gun ranges. Firing ranges usually have age restrictions for good reason too.

Absent philosophical considerations, common sense based on physical aspects alone dictates that man doesn't think well before acting; therefore he has no business being with toddlers and weapons in the same place at the same time. Loser. If he handed that gun to her for a second he'd be lucky she if she didn't shoot him in the face and think it was funny.
wait, did you just make up this story for an argument against a picture that doesn't even show a baby holding a gun? She's not even holding it!
The baby doesn't look like they are living in the suburbs either. They probably don't have a neighbor for 2 miles. Guns can't be that loud if guns run in the family.
Common sense would dictate that a man disarm his weapon before handing it to his offspring; if so blantantly giving the baby the gun as you see.

the babies aren't drinking beer.

the baby pouring beer into homeboy's mouth...well he doesn't look all that cracked up to be a father, but then again if he is even the father, babies mom sure aint too smart neither.

but then again it is fun to judge

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-30-2009   #9
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Wait, did you just make up this story because you didn't read for comprehension again? I didn't say she was holding the gun. I said she barely could, meaning if it were given to her to hold.

As for the rest you barely made any sense because it doesn't matter where they live, though you are correct about it being easy to judge. Something you never do, of course.

"Guns can't be that loud if guns run in the family". What a load of BS *lol*

Babies and kids with beer is for losers.

Old 05-30-2009   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

you're so old, to think you've grown up...well the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree does it? lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-30-2009   #11
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
you're so old, to think you've grown up...well the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree does it? lol
No idea why you're asking me when you can only speak for yourself.

I believe grown ups are a myth and people age into very old kids with varying levels and degrees of responsibilities.

Old 05-30-2009   #12
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

There is a difference between spanking a child and beating a child imo. I have seen some kids who need a good spanking, in particular, my cousins two children. They are little shits at family parties and embarrassing as hell when we go out to restaurants. I hate when people bring children to restaurants who cannot behave.
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #13
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

... There should have been some kind of intelligence test these people should have taken before being allowed to have sex. Seriously. That's just dumb.

(Although, the baby in the cooler made me laugh. )

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post

I believe grown ups are a myth and people age into very old kids with varying levels and degrees of responsibilities.
no, with varying degrees of innocence left. i already said you are grown up and the apple tree thing. im sure you understood right? comprehension and all.. you got it i'm sure......*i know you didn't*

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-31-2009   #15
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
There is a difference between spanking a child and beating a child imo. I have seen some kids who need a good spanking, in particular, my cousins two children. They are little shits at family parties and embarrassing as hell when we go out to restaurants. I hate when people bring children to restaurants who cannot behave.
i'm with you on the screaming kids in restaurants, but it's really the parents that have been needing a spanking.
Old 05-31-2009   #16
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as spanking goes, that's going to be a debatable subject till the end of time. I think assertive discipline and many techniques to go along with it is the way to go, and should be learned and utilized by parents and teachers. My dad was going for his teaching degree to teach kids music at Universty of Buffalo, and they actually had an ASSERTIVE DISCIPLINE course that he was required to take, and he is really good with kids overall. Many people unfortunately don't even know what assertive discipline or the concept of assertive discipline is.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #17
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Maybe instead of spanking, we could start shocking? That works well with animals.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #18
Jugband
Andrew's spokesman

Jugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by moonlight_serenade View Post
... There should have been some kind of intelligence test these people should have taken before being allowed to have sex. Seriously. That's just dumb.

(Although, the baby in the cooler made me laugh. )
coughfascismcough

Jugband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #19
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute

Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #20
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

lawl