Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discussion related to technology, computers, and the internet.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa
Need some Techy help please!!!

Alright, I have yet to pop onto this forum in quite some time, but I need a bit of help with my TV and PS3 with the HDMI setting's.

I have read all over the internet of problems with the HDMI, but none have really come close to my problem and I have no clue how to start to fix this.
First thing is first:

Type of TV= 42" RCA LCD
PS3 = 60 gig 2008 year model.

Problem:

When I use my HDMI cable hook up, it fits Vertically, just not horizontally, it cuts off a good 3-4 inches off of my screen on both left and right.

Solution's I have tried and have failed:

- Holding down on the PS3 Power button while in standby mode for 5 seconds to reset my display.
- Using another HDMI cable to see if its faulty
- Changing what HDMI channel it goes to on my TV
- Going in and changing my Display setting's (it does not offer a chance to change the ratio though)
- Going into my TV settings to see if it is zoomed (no zoom option available though)

Please help!
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #2
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: Need some Techy help please!!!

I don't own a PS3. Is there a place to change the aspect ratio on the PS3 itself?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #3
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I don't own a PS3. Is there a place to change the aspect ratio on the PS3 itself?
So say's the person at "The Source". I went into Display settings, and there is a place to change it from 780, 1080i or 1080p. It constantly has 480 selected though, but when I deselect all of them but 480 it will give me an option to change the aspect ratio from 16:9 or 4:3. Both of which are to small and to blurry to even be considered using.
Old 10-20-2011   #4
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your TV? If it's an HDTV, 480p is not the correct resolution.
Old 10-21-2011   #5
Brisa
The Missing Linx

^ I just said 480p makes it to small and blurry. Right now I'm not even using my HDMI setting cause none of the settings fit. The TV is only about 2 years old at most, its an RCA.