Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 09-13-2007   #1
Xiaden
Newbie Member

Xiaden is on a distinguished road
Whats this i Hear about russia?

I heard recentlly that Russia has developed a Air release bomb that is four(4) times as powerfull as the most dangerous bomb in Usa holding... now, i might not be all there politically wise, but isn't that really bad news for us, considering the way russian relations have started deteriorating recentlly?
Xiaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #2
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass
Re: Whats this i Hear about russia?

No.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #3
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I heard some crickets chirping outside but that doesn't mean what they are saying is true.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #4
Jugband
Andrew's spokesman

Jugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond repute

We need to save the children.

But not the British children.

Jugband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #5
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

They have, in fact, developed a non-nuclear bomb that is 4 times stronger than our strongest megaton bomb. Now, the distinction that must be seen is, it's four times stronger than our non-nuclear bombs, not our nuclear ones. There is actual footage of it being released, and all it did was destroy one half of this huge building.

On top of that, this was for more political support not to say they are stronger. Even more than that, one weapon does not win a war, and Russia is in no way prepared to go to war with us, even if they wanted to (which they probably don't)

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #6
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

The new weapon is also smaller than the MOAB. its nicknamed the Father of all Bombs.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Guinness And Mohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #7
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

Hamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hamana Send a message via Yahoo to Hamana

now some country has to build an even more powerful bomb until the planet is destroyed

here is an interesting article about it
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...782398,00.html (it is in english )

Hamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #8
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Mr. Definistrate View Post
They have, in fact, developed a non-nuclear bomb that is 4 times stronger than our strongest megaton bomb. Now, the distinction that must be seen is, it's four times stronger than our non-nuclear bombs, not our nuclear ones. There is actual footage of it being released, and all it did was destroy one half of this huge building.

On top of that, this was for more political support not to say they are stronger. Even more than that, one weapon does not win a war, and Russia is in no way prepared to go to war with us, even if they wanted to (which they probably don't)
This is the point of all this that really urks me! Our country is allowed to have nukes and a nuclear program, but other countries can't?! I've never heard of UN inspectors coming into the states here to make sure that are nuclear program isn't being developed for the purposes of war. Has anybody ever heard of that taking place? If other countries have to deal with that, then it's only right that we the US should have to deal with inspections too.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #9
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute

We run the UN, foo'.
Old 09-16-2007   #10
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Quote:
Originally Said by funksonic7 View Post
This is the point of all this that really urks me! Our country is allowed to have nukes and a nuclear program, but other countries can't?! I've never heard of UN inspectors coming into the states here to make sure that are nuclear program isn't being developed for the purposes of war. Has anybody ever heard of that taking place? If other countries have to deal with that, then it's only right that we the US should have to deal with inspections too.
Are you serious? I would rather my country have the nukes then none at all. Its with this sense of security that the American people are able to live their lives with a peace of mind. Im glad the USA tries to maintain its place as moral police officer of the world.

Sure, it isnt fair, but since when has life been fair?

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #11
peacefulwarrior

peacefulwarrior is just really nicepeacefulwarrior is just really nice

Other countries besides us have nukes, including russia. In fact one of the reasons I think this story isn't of real consequence is that if a conflict broke out between us, there are already enough nukes between the two of us to literally destroy the earth several times over. Lucky for us, though, we both realize that, and don't fight each other. May we hope the world leaders that got'em stay at least as sensible as they are.
peacefulwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
popcornchicken
Person who should be banned

popcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortality

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento View Post
Im glad the USA tries to maintain its place as moral police officer of the world.

That's sure been working good for us so far.
popcornchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #13
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by funksonic7 View Post
Half the reason why the US has those kinds of weapons is because they are the superpower of the world. People want to try and take that power. People want to try and bring them to the ground. and they would if there wasn't nuclear weapons under America's feet threatening to blow the entire world into oblivian if someone tried to wipe out the US.

plain english form: a big bomb equals scared countrys equals no WW3......for now.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #14
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

Completly correct.

We also developed it first, so we sort of have a right to it.

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #15
HolokittyNX
Banned

HolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond repute

I realize it seems kind of unfair, but the US is simply a more rational culture than most. Whatever its faults, this government isn't trying to wipe any race or country off the map. Kim Jong-Il might not care about the principle of mutually assured destruction. The Islambots certainly don't care about it. Such extreme crazies do exist. But the folks in Washington don't fall in that category.
HolokittyNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #16
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by HolokittyNX View Post
I realize it seems kind of unfair, but the US is simply a more rational culture than most. Whatever its faults, this government isn't trying to wipe any race or country off the map. Kim Jong-Il might not care about the principle of mutually assured destruction. The Islambots certainly don't care about it. Such extreme crazies do exist. But the folks in Washington don't fall in that category.
I completly agree, but unfortuneately many countries don't see it that way. They see USA in Iraq "for just the oil" which isn't the case, yes it would be great for US to have the oil, but only because of the consequences of terrorist groups getting their hands on the oil. I say guess what, Hitler, Bush, and many other political leaders have gone after oil in their time, anf all for the same reason, the oil in the hands of the enemy would be disaterous for their country.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #17
EmperorChaos

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
I realize it seems kind of unfair, but the US is simply a more rational culture than most. Whatever its faults, this government isn't trying to wipe any race or country off the map.

Not anymore. We already did that to the native Americans.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 09-18-2007   #18
popcornchicken
Person who should be banned

popcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortalitypopcornchicken is on the road to immortality

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_tears
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_slavery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...can_internment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_imperialism

Yep, all that shit sure is rational, alright. I can take pride in the fact that just happening to be born on American soil, when I had no control over where I could be born and could've come out in Timbuktu for all I know, automatically makes me a better person than those filthy, uneducated, heathen foreigners. It’s not like we adopted large parts of our culture from Europeans who followed a moral code centuries before America even existed. And are there other countries that don’t want to “wipe any race or country off the map?” Nah. All 192 of the rest of the world’s governments only care about killing Americans; they’ve never done anything for their own people ever.

As for Middle Easterners - no, Ay-rabs – no, those fucking worthless Towelheads, we all know that every last person in that reason twirls their collective mustaches trying to come up with ways to bring down America. Those dozen Iraqis that were killed by a suicide bomber while shopping in a market? They weren’t buying what little food they could so they wouldn’t starve to death, they were talking in their sand-nigger language about how much they hate Americans. That 6 year-old Arab that was blown to bits when he stepped on a land mine? He wasn’t playing outside, he was reporting to bin Laden on the position of American troops in the area. But who cares, those brown-skinned camel fuckers can all go to Allah. Unlike them, I have never done something immoral, or lied, or gotten in a fight, or any number of things that those other people (not Americans) have to deal with in their lives.

Frankly, I think these other countries should be happy that America tries to enforce its cultural beliefs on the world. I mean, they say that the reason other countries want nukes is to have leverage on the world stage, because they think it’s not good that one nation can pretty much make the whole world bow to its whims (Ha ha ha!), but hey, equality only matters to perfect countries such as ours.

Quote:
Originally Said by pittielynn View Post
Half the reason why the US has those kinds of weapons is because they are the superpower of the world. People want to try and take that power. People want to try and bring them to the ground. and they would if there wasn't nuclear weapons under America's feet threatening to blow the entire world into oblivian if someone tried to wipe out the US.
A nation can be destroyed by more than just getting nuked. Try looking into the current state of the economy.
popcornchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #19
EmperorChaos

^I *really* like that person.
-=-=-=-
Old 09-18-2007   #20
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Looking at today's society, I'd say that we're much more rational than other cultures. You're defending societies that *still* do these things. Radical Muslims are out to kill Americans for the sake of killing Americans, you defend them. Those same people subjugate women and jews, yet you still defend them. All the while, you fault the US for doing the same things they're still doing and we do no longer.

Sure, you can find examples of dumbass racists and sexists in America, but it's not rampant like it is elsewhere (namely the Middle East, but not limited to there).

Quote:
Yep, all that shit sure is rational, alright. I can take pride in the fact that just happening to be born on American soil, when I had no control over where I could be born and could've come out in Timbuktu for all I know, automatically makes me a better person than those filthy, uneducated, heathen foreigners.
It has nothing to do with where we're born, it has to do with the society that you grow up in. So yes, most of us did come out more rational than a person born in Bumfuck Africa who has only been taught how to hate people who speak a different language.

Quote:
It’s not like we adopted large parts of our culture from Europeans who followed a moral code centuries before America even existed. And are there other countries that don’t want to “wipe any race or country off the map?” Nah. All 192 of the rest of the world’s governments only care about killing Americans; they’ve never done anything for their own people ever.
Nobody said anything of this sort. Just said that the US is more rational than most, and that some (EMPHASIS ON THE SOME) cultures are hellbent on destroying others while we are not.

Quote:
As for Middle Easterners - no, Ay-rabs – no, those fucking worthless Towelheads, we all know that every last person in that reason twirls their collective mustaches trying to come up with ways to bring down America.
You certainly are a racist, aren't you? (That's sarcasm. But seriously, no more.)

Quote:
Those dozen Iraqis that were killed by a suicide bomber while shopping in a market? They weren’t buying what little food they could so they wouldn’t starve to death, they were talking in their sand-nigger language about how much they hate Americans. That 6 year-old Arab that was blown to bits when he stepped on a land mine? He wasn’t playing outside, he was reporting to bin Laden on the position of American troops in the area. But who cares, those brown-skinned camel fuckers can all go to Allah. Unlike them, I have never done something immoral, or lied, or gotten in a fight, or any number of things that those other people (not Americans) have to deal with in their lives.
She's not saying that every single Muslim is evil, but there is an undeniably significant portion of them that are. Unfortunately, idiots like far-rights make it seem like all Muslims are. That's not the case.

Quote:
A nation can be destroyed by more than just getting nuked. Try looking into the current state of the economy.
Our nation isn't being destroyed, if that's what you're implying.

Your use of offensive terms is a little out of hand. Tone it down.