Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 11-16-2006   #1
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder
Final Fantasy XII

BEST FINAL FANTASY EVAR!!!

I love this game so much. I've been playing for 16 hours and i'm only level 18.
Old 11-16-2006   #2
billmahn
Banned

billmahn is on a distinguished road
Re: Final Fantasy XII

i might actually play this rpg, im old school, FF6 and FF7 and Chrono Trigger were the best.

After that the genre became bland but ff12 looks great.
billmahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #3
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

60 hours! Level 37. Soul-consumingly awesome.

Everything is a challenge now.

So many extra things.

Infinite exaltation to the greatest game of all time.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Picked this up last week. It's definitely a change! First time I've struggled money wise in a FF game :P I'd probably be doing much better if I could get my party up to date in equip!

Anyways, I just beat up that big grass wyrm, that battle was annoying! Thank goodness for Belias or I'd never have beat him :(

Spore shake... *spits!*
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

ok, so i'm one of those 'classic' nerds who fell in love with FF7, and refused to enjoy the other versions for one reason or another (the card game in 8 INFURIATED me, 9 just sucked... etc etc)

...so i was kind of skeptical about FFXII being "the" best yet... and even more squeemish after a few friends who had played the demo told me how it was alot like FF11 (the online game) ...which i DETEST.

...but to my suprise, once it was out of the case and in my PS2, there was no turning back.

i can't think of one thing in this game that jumps out at me and screams "THIS SUCKS, THAT SUCKS" ...i mean, not one thing!

at any rate... i think i'm 41 hours into the game, Vaan is 32 and the rest of the gang is 29...

in a nut shell:
this game kicks ass!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #6
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

I've just started playing this game, but AHH in the first few scenes so much DEATH, aahaaha I love it. But yes yes it looks good. ff7 and ff8 are still my favorites though.

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #7
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the DEATH! I've had a shitload of people die just normally, and so many people die on bosses it's not even funny :P

I really dig mark hunting too, I'm not very good at it, but I like it. I tried my hand at Gilsnapper before I had to go back to school. MEAN ASS TURTLE! Guess I have a little more leveling up to do, well a LOT more leveling up to do.

I can't wait for these 2 weeks to be over with so I can go back to playing, haha. :)

Oh, added note on death, but I find it amusing. I don't kill every monster in my path sometimes, especially when they're weaker, but I still want their money! So, I set one character to steal from monsters if they're at 100% hp, so as I run, they steal. Usually this doesn't kill them, but then comes along and elemental (WTF is up with those elementals?! GEEEEEEZ!! I can't even kill them with the elite mark helpers helping! Then again, I'm only level 27ish) The person can get a steal on an elemental resulting in a feystone, but then their hp drops from pretty full to, overkill, but hey, at least I got my feystone :)
Old 12-05-2006   #8
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

When possible, purchase the monographs from vendors. They increase your loot quality greatly. Second, as soon as you get Thief's Cuffs, wear them regularly. Much better stuff to steal that way.

The marks are awesome; just finished my 23rd mark...that moss dragon thing was a pain, but wait til you get to the Mandragoras...status problems abound.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 12-05-2006   #9
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

I think I've bought one monograph so far, and am wearing the thiefs gauntlets..

Only one more week till I get to play again! Wheeeee!
Old 12-05-2006   #10
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

The ones that are the best are the one that increase your beast and bird drops and then the one that increases your undead drops...those enemies are always the most prevalent seeming.

Old 12-09-2006   #11
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light

6 golden amulets FTW!!!

sword of kings dungeon = easy loot.
Old 12-10-2006   #12
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Two more days!! Well, a little over two more days! *sigh* I can't wait to play again :P
Old 12-24-2006   #13
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

I've temporarily stopped to play World of Warcraft...level 50...75 hours...

Old 12-24-2006   #14
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Zeromus FTW!!!

Best esper EVER!!!!
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

He's pretty awesome, way better than Zalera.

I like Cuchulainn though.

Old 12-24-2006   #16
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

my boyfriend said he wanted this game for christmas.. which means.. ill never see him again not staring at the tv. sweet.
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #17
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

It's sure to drain his soul for a little while.

Old 01-08-2007   #18
Xiaden
Newbie Member

Xiaden is on a distinguished road

heh, i love this game. 40 hours into it, only lvl.36 .second time round

heh, zeromus is awsome.. but didn't he come from 4(gba version)?
Xiaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #19
Cloud
Cool Canadian

Cloud has a spectacular aura aboutCloud has a spectacular aura aboutCloud has a spectacular aura about

This game sounds good, I wish I had a PS2 handy to play it....
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #20
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

44hrs into it. Vaan, Balthier, and Basch are level 43. I have all the monographs, and about 100k gil just laying around.

I love this game more than anything. I started playing it 4 days ago. I love having holidays from work.

The rest are lvl 16.

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote