Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 04-03-2005   #1
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute
Sin City

BEST FUCKING MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!
Shot in black and white, with bold splashes of color. If you haven't seen it I swear to god it's one of the best movies I've ever seen, GO OUT AND GET A TICKET, every frame is worth the six dollars.

My GOD it's sick. I snuck into it yesterday (shame it's rated R) -- it's freakin AMAZING. It stretches the limits of what's acceptable in modern film making in such a way that every second of it is captivating.

I'm seeing it again today. And the next day, and the next...
Old 04-03-2005   #2
ueatpoo
Experienced Member

ueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sin City

i agree its freakin awesome. definetly the best comic book movie ever made.
Old 04-03-2005   #3
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

I would honestly love to see that movie...I've been looking forward to it ever since I saw the first trailer in all its vivid glory. True pity it is rated R and I'm not one to sneak in...*sigh*
Old 04-03-2005   #4
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by ueatpoo
i agree its freakin awesome. definetly the best comic book movie ever made.
Definately.
I have to admit I never actually read one of the graphic novels cover to cover, but I heard that they stuck to them persistantly throughout the whole movie - the dialouge is almost all the same, and each shot corresponds to a frame in the comic.

Quote:
Originally Said by oceandream130
I would honestly love to see that movie...I've been looking forward to it ever since I saw the first trailer in all its vivid glory. True pity it is rated R and I'm not one to sneak in...*sigh*
I actually never saw a trailer for it. I saw some of those like 10 second ads on TV, but never I full length trailer. I LOVE movie trailers. I like nearly peed my pants during the Star Wars one I was so excited I really want to see The Skeleton Key too, it looks wikid.

Anyway, I just bought I tic to Guess Who (which I saw last weekend - definately a renter ), and went into the Sin City theatre. I saw it alone because none of my friends could go but I really wanted to see it. how much of a loser am I
Old 04-03-2005   #5
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje

Yeah my friend saw that this weekend. I might go see it, if I can find the time, even though I was never really into comic books

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

I always kind of wanted to be into comic books but never got it together to amass a collection.
Old 04-04-2005   #7
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

I just came back from the movie theatre... Love it, love it, love it , LOVE IT! One of the best movies I've seen in a while. It was beautifully shot, the use of colour was BRILLIANT, and for having 3 separate storylines mushed into one movie, I'd say it was pretty well put together. Elijah Wood was freaking creepy though.

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #8
bigsmalls
Well Known Member

bigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of light

ahh sounds good i want to see it
party we must!!!
bigsmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #9
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

to be technical it is a graphic novel, not a comic book.

on a side note.

it is just as it is described above. superb excellence in film!! personally i enjoyed mickey rourke's character (the dude with the crazy nose and chin) the best. your hooker dies so what do you do?
go and ruin everyones' trash is what!

this movie is made to be cool and show just how cool a movie can be. don't believe me? anyone who has seen this move, try and sum up the plot in a sentence.
mind going blank? that's because, as i said this movies sole purpose is to show how cool they can make a movie.

i give it a poopy rating of a solid A.

a must see and not just see it, see it in the theater! i am sure watching it at home will deminish the effect greatly. if you have any desire at all to see this flick, the theater is without a doubt the way to see it.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #10
rosie-cheeked
Weird.

rosie-cheeked is doing greatrosie-cheeked is doing great
Send a message via Yahoo to rosie-cheeked

This movie was fucking awesome to the max. It was the best rendition of a graphic novel I have ever seen. My husband and I had the time of our lives watching this. Oh, my god, this movie was just fucking AWESOME! I truly have no words to describe the escense of Sin City. I've actually read the Sin City graphic novels and I love how this movie kept with it. It portrayed it in black and white with just the right punch of color in certainties giving it the ink-to-paper illumination and the storylines were fabulous. There were a lot of times where you're just like "Oh, my God, what the fuck?" and then just bust out laughing. It leaves you glued to the seat. Well, it did for me anyway. It also leaves you wondering...

You have to see this is theatres. Don't wait. It's just too good to pass up.

Last edited by rosie-cheeked; 04-14-2005 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors
rosie-cheeked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #11
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

mystika i gots to say i love the sig.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #12
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Me too....that's funny

But doesn't it kick ass? I think I'm going to see it again this weekend.
Old 06-17-2005   #13
Stu
Elite Member

Stu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart god

This is definately in my top five movies ever, not that I have a chart or anything. But it was shot well, the story lines were excellent and the acting was mostly good.