Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Guys & Gals

Guys & Gals Girls + Guys, Relationships, Dating, Sex, Babe threads, etc...

Old 07-14-2009   #1
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Makeup and Hair

Yea, tips and questions and such.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
no. i think it looks really good, it looks natural with a hint of rose in your lip and cheeks. It is a really good natural look that can easily be vamped up with a little darker makeup when you go out. I think it looks great. What products do you use? I change my brand every once in a while if something new comes out. I hate how some liquid foundation makes my face look caked, but I don't feel like the mineral powder does me any good (like I don't think it stays on as long as regular foundation). Right now I am sticking to this foundation that is supposed to blend in with your natural skin tone and it doesnt make me look caked up. I also switched from pencil eyeliner to liquid/gel since i bought this really neat eyeliner brush that is angled.
Ok, it's easier to post a picture of it all. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1979.JPG (280.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-14-2009   #2
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Makeup and Hair

So the hair product I actually found out is from Wal-Mart. lol. Good to know since I'm almost out. I don't use it much so that's the one you used on Brad's hair in TN. I just use it when my hair feels dry or after I just washed it without conditioner.

Anyways, not that you're stupid, just saying this is how I do mine. Then you tell me how you do yours and what you use.

The bottle of make up is that adjustable stuff. It's probably the most expensive thing I use. It goes from pale to really dark tanned. It's liquid.
For awhile I used this clinique crap customized for my skin type, and it kept it oily and it wiped off and all that crap.

This is less than 10 bucks, it stays on, and it doesn't smudge, cake, etc. My skin tends to get really dry with compacts, foundation, powder, etc. But this make up works great.

Then eye shadow. My mom had given me a bunch of Mary Kay make-up samples, and I found a pink shade I liked. But that eye shadow is straight from the Dollar General. Each column is like a color set I use, except for the first one, which is too light. So anyways, I liked how the sample showed. You get 3 shades, eyelid is 2nd darkest, crease of eye is darkest, then up to eyebrow is the lightest color. And I'm going in order of how I put it on.

Then I use the mascara because my eye shadow always makes them even less visible. I do have some left over clinique mascara, but any works, I guess. I just try to get as much mascara as I can off the brush and swab it with t.p. I hate mascara that looks like tarantula legs. eww. Then I go back over the tips with a little more.
Then eye liner. Which I need a liquid one, I guess. I just hate how you can't blend it in as well to make it look really natural. But I don't suppose mine does anyways.

Ok, so next to the eye shadow is some bronzing stuff or whatever for your face. It gives it like a natural glow. And I just brush it all over my face and then blend it.
Then the pink is the blush, which I don't use to define my jaw line but instead make me look rosie-cheeked.

Then I usually go around all of it again, touching it all up with the smaller of the makeup brushes.
I take forever to do my makeup because I'm so OCD about how I do it.

If I don't feel like wearing makeup or putting it on, earrings and mascara make a world of difference.

Also, I hate lipsticks, and can never find one to suit me. Chapstick is enough to make them shiny. meh.

-------------edit----------------
omfg tl;dr
Old 07-14-2009   #3
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say im really into makeup much.
Hair - Fructis Style gel and Gzr

:D

Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #4
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

I don't wear make up these days.
bit of foundation & eyeliner/mascara if im going out but thats it.
So many people over-do it & end up looking ridiculous.
Less is more in my opinion.
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

It's as expensive as hell, but I use Mac makeup. Hands down the best stuff I've ever tried.

For foundation, I use their Studio Fix, which is a powder/foundation in one that goes on just like foundation. I don't like liquid, but the pure powder stuff never sticks on my skin. The stuff is great, it's oil-free and doesn't irritate my skin (it's very sensitive plus I can be prone to acne). I don't even care that the foundation alone costs over 20 bucks; I get my money's worth out of it because the stuff lasts a loooong time.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #6
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Mary Kay for makeup and L'Oreal hair products.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #7
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

^i like MK.

and for shampoo/conditioner, i use dove.
Old 07-15-2009   #8
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
It's as expensive as hell, but I use Mac makeup. Hands down the best stuff I've ever tried.

For foundation, I use their Studio Fix, which is a powder/foundation in one that goes on just like foundation. I don't like liquid, but the pure powder stuff never sticks on my skin. The stuff is great, it's oil-free and doesn't irritate my skin (it's very sensitive plus I can be prone to acne). I don't even care that the foundation alone costs over 20 bucks; I get my money's worth out of it because the stuff lasts a loooong time.
I agree with this. Mac stuff is the best i've ever tried. Worth every penny. Good quality and it lasts a hell of a long time. Even the nail varnish is amazing.
Old 07-15-2009   #9
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a cache of stuff I mostly never use. :P

However, this is stuff I use every day.

Hair-> Philosophy 3-in-1 shampoo stuff (right now it smells like crème brulée... awesome), Yves Rocher "bring out the red higlights in your hair" shampoo (too lazy to go find the bottle right now)

Face-> Sephora brand mineral powder, Benefit Boi-ing concealer (this stuff is amazing)

Eyes-> Stila eyeshadow in Jezebel (it's a shimmering copper rose, apparently), Benefit Bad Gal Lash (also amazing)

Lips-> Clinique gloss in Black Honey (best lip stuff ever)

Pretty basic. No other hair stuff, no eye- or lipliner, no blush... Maybe if I'm going out somewhere nice.

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #10
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by blackheart View Post
I agree with this. Mac stuff is the best i've ever tried. Worth every penny. Good quality and it lasts a hell of a long time. Even the nail varnish is amazing.
Yes, it is and it does. I've been using my foundation powder for a year, and I've still got A LOT left. Same with all of my eye and lip stuff. I've been thinking about getting my nail varnish from there, but I can't afford to break the bank every time I go get makeup. Maybe this Christmas after I get my Christmas money I'll go wild and crazy.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-16-2009   #11
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
Yes, it is and it does. I've been using my foundation powder for a year, and I've still got A LOT left. Same with all of my eye and lip stuff. I've been thinking about getting my nail varnish from there, but I can't afford to break the bank every time I go get makeup. Maybe this Christmas after I get my Christmas money I'll go wild and crazy.
Yeah go for it, it's fab stuff, you dont even seem to need 2 coats of it to get a good colour which you do with anything cheap. They do some gorgeous colours too.
Old 07-16-2009   #12
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

anyone into false eyelashes? I have always wanted to give them a go, but I don't really want to get my fingers all gluey and have the possibility of one of the eyes lashes falling off halfway through the night. I hear that when you go get your makeup done at mac they give you the option to buy and they apply eyelashes to you. idk, sounds fun but not something I would do unless i was going out.
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #13
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
anyone into false eyelashes? I have always wanted to give them a go, but I don't really want to get my fingers all gluey and have the possibility of one of the eyes lashes falling off halfway through the night. I hear that when you go get your makeup done at mac they give you the option to buy and they apply eyelashes to you. idk, sounds fun but not something I would do unless i was going out.
I saw a salesgirl put fake eyelashes on this woman at Mac one time...she made it look SO EASY. I've never been able to do it without covering everything in glue, so I gave up.

Luckily I have pretty long, dark lashes, so if I want them prominent I just apply a heavy coat of mascara and then some liquid eyeliner and it has about the same effect.
Old 07-16-2009   #14
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

yea jenn, my eye lashes are long too so mascara and eyeliner really brings it out.

and dana, that would be hilarious and oh so freaking embarrassing to have an eyelash fall off on a date or at dinner or something.
one of our friends...like at the wedding after party thing, this chick was talking about wearing those fake eyelashes, then said she woke up the next morning and it was laying on her pillow. she was like saying she was glad her date hadn't spent the night because he'd be like "oh shit, yo eyelash just come off".
what's wrong wif you why yo eye comin' off.

haha she was fucking hilarious.

also, my hair won't stay in place because it's too thin for straight pins/bobby pins. is there some spritz or hairspray that will work alright?
i mean, i HATE my hair being stiff and feeling like straw, so what's the best hair product to keep my hair in place and still feel/look natural?
NO hair gels.
Old 07-16-2009   #15
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

I have the same problem, my hair will not stay in place, so I usually dont do much with it.

My eye lashes are dark and long as well, but i would like to see how I would look with the fake ones. I have put on the cheap fake ones from walmart and I couldnt get them to go on right. I guess Mac here I come.
-Obi Wan

Old 07-16-2009   #16
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

^oh yea, what i also meant to comment about the fake eye lashes is i think i'd only put them on to try and look really glamed out (duh). But do people just wear them for no reason though?
hai Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #17
GoddessDivine

yeah, and it looks really weird imo to see a girl sitting in my bio class at 8 am with the falsies on coming about a foot off her head, lol. I think it is just how some people wear a lot of makeup everyday. My cousin wears way too much makeup. I think the natural look is best but that is just my opinion.
-Obi Wan

Old 07-16-2009   #18
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

There are also girls who either have short lashes or colorless ones that don't stand out, maybe they prefer wearing fake eyelashes? I really don't know.
Old 07-17-2009   #19
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

You can get single lashes which look so much more natural than the usual ones. More fiddley to put on though so i guess thats no help.
Old 07-20-2009   #20
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

^ I had to wear them for dance recitals... ugh. One girl in my group put too much glue on and glued her eyes shut. Good times. If you're gonna DIY, get peel-and-stick ones.

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girls, hair, makeup